• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  775
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1987

Who is God?

Specifically, how do we know who God is? We clearly know who Jesus was and is. But God? What does he look like? Sound like? What happened to him? How long has he existed? What does he experience? Does he have feelings? Does God have a memory? Does he forget things? Since God is not human, how can he understand a human? Relate to us?

Some thoughts...

psa 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.

God existed before anything was created, will exist afterward. God is bigger than and beyond his creation. I also believe God is outside of space and time altogether.

1 kings 19:11,12 And he said, "Go out and stand on the mount before the LORD." And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind tore the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. And after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire the sound of a low whisper. 

God has power over nature. He can destroy everything in a moment. This same sovereignty over creation was shown when Jesus walked on water... yet... God is not to be confused with the mountains, the wind or fire. Here in 1 Kings God showed Elijah his great power, and then revealed himself to Elijah with a low whisper. Besides just showing Elijah his power and transcendent nature God also cared about Elijah, knew him, and wanted to communicate with him. This is amazing to me.

I think part of what makes Christianity completely unique among religions is that God entered into history in the person of Jesus (in whom the "fullness of deity dwells bodily").  This is also what offends Jews and Muslims so much about Christianity, how dare we claim that God would become a mere man. The incarnation is highly offensive to many because of this, but, this is the God we believe in and commit our lives to. When we pray for intercession and help, we do through Jesus, who knows what it is like to be hungry, to be in pain, to be rejected and so on.

hewbrews  4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.

:thumbsup:

Amen~!

~

When You Think Of Jesus

For he grew up before him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him. Isaiah 53:2 (ESV)

You Will Have All Your

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. Colossians 2:9

Questions

I lifted up my eyes and looked, and behold, a man clothed in linen, with a belt of fine gold from Uphaz around his waist. His body was like beryl, his face like the appearance of lightning, his eyes like flaming torches, his arms and legs like the gleam of burnished bronze, and the sound of his words like the sound of a multitude. Daniel 10:5-6 (ESV)

Answered

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Philippians 2:5-8

See?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

well, God describes Himself as " I am" if you try to define all the aspects of God you get just about everything-- and that's the point!~~~ "I am"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Remember also, Jesus did say, "If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father."

Does He feel? I personally do not believe we could feel if He didn't.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Who is God?

Specifically, how do we know who God is? We clearly know who Jesus was and is. But God?

What does he look like?

Like us; we are made in His image

Sound like? 

Like us, for the same reason.

What happened to him?

I don't understand this question.

How long has he existed?

Always.

What does he experience?

Everything that happens, anywhere at any time.

Does he have feelings? 

Yes.  This is why WE have feelings.

Does God have a memory? 

Of course; He has to remember billions of people and trillions of details daily.

Does he forget things?  

Yes, but only on purpose.  He has promised to forget our sins when we repent of them.

Since God is not human, how can he understand a human? Relate to us? 

He couldn't at one time which is why we sent his Son to be born, live and die a human.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Our God-Loves, has Eyes, a Heart, Mind, Spirit and Gives Advice...Jesus came forth from The Father and They are One...So Capable and Worthy of a Personal Relationship with us is Our God...All references are from the New King James Version...and Biblegateway

1 Sam. 2:35 Then I will raise up for Myself a faithful priest who shall do according to what is in My heart and My mind. I will build him a sure house, and he shall walk before My anointed forever.

1 Kings 9:3 And the Lord said to him: "I have heard your prayer and your supplication that you have made before Me; I have consecrated this house which you have built to put My name there forever, and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually.

Isaiah 30:1-2 "Woe to the rebellious children," says the Lord, "who take counsel, but not of Me, and who devise plans, but not of My Spirit, that they may add sin to sin; (2) who walk to go down to Egypt, and have not asked My advice, to strengthen themselves in the strength of Pharaoh, and to trust in the shadow of Egypt!

The Father of Jesus:

John 16:27-30 "for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God. (28) "I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father."(29) His disciples said to Him, "See, now You are speaking plainly, and using no figure of speech! (30) "now we are sure that You know all things, and have no need that anyone should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God."

Wants and Has Given us The Ability to be One in Him...

John 17:21-22 "that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.

Thank You God...For Everything!!! E-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!!! Whew...

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

God is one,but He exists as three persons-God the Father,God the Son,and God the Holy Spirit Mathew 3:16-17.

God is infinite 1Timothy 1:17,Incomparable 2 Samuel 7:22,and unchanging Malachi 3:6.God exists everywhere Psalm 139:7-12 Knows everything Psalm 147:5;Isaiah 40:28 and has all the power and authority Ephesians1;Revelation 19-6.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

George Straight

"I Saw God Today"

[VERSE 1:]
Just walked down the street to the coffee shop,
Had to take a break,
I've been by her side for eighteen hours straight,
saw a flower growing in the middle of the sidewalk,
pushing up through the concrete,
Like it was planted right there for me to see,

The flashing lights,
The honking horns,
All seem to fade away,
but in the shadow of the hospital,
at 508,
I saw God today,

[CHORUS:]
I've been to church,
I've read the book,
I know He's there,
But I don't look,
near as often as I should,

His fingerprints are everywhere,
I just look down and stop and stare,
open my eyes and then I swear,
I Saw God Today,

[VERSE 2:]
Saw a couple walking by,
they were holding hands,
and she had that glow,
Ya, I couldn't help,
but I noticed that she was starting to show,
stood there for a minute,
taking in the sky,
lost in that sunset,
a splashing down from mounting in shades of red,

[CHORUS:]
I've been to church,
I've read the book,
I know He's there,
but I don't look,
near as often as I should,

His fingerprints are everywhere,
I just look down and stop and stare,
open my eye and then I swear,
I Saw God Today,

[VERSE 3:]
Got my face pushed up against the nursery glass,
she's sleeping like a rock,
my name on her wrist,
wearing tiny pink socks,
she's got my nose,
she's got her Mama's eyes,
my bran new baby girl,
she's a miracle,
I Saw God Today

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,158
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God's witness of Himself has been before man in His creation from beginning Rom 1:20

Then in 1400's Moses began in written form God OT Word Gen-Deut

add progression of example for their and our benefit till Mal

400 silent years and then The Truth in fullness was brought into the world Jn 18:37

In a period of 90 plus years the fullness of all God planned to do was revealed for us His friends  Rev 22:12-21

Love, Steven

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

God Is.