Do Christians go to Hell?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

1Cr 6:9-10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Such were some of us. but we weren't called to work uncleanness but unto holiness, but at least he informs us not to be deceived  on this matter.

Though he does speak on our company, and what is called a brother which be the following

1Cr 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Calls them to put the one in the fornication out from among them 

His being expelled, was a shunning of sorts, which in 2 Cr they brought him back, not so much before he sorrowed but that he would not be overcome by the same it seems. They seemed to save a soul from the error of their way in this doing.

2Cr 2:6 Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many.

2Cr 2:7 So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.

So shows he was received back, after he repented

Although it takes some a lifetime to abide by these rules, many falls and learning the hard way to finally realize that we cannot be blessed in life if we're not obedient. I know because I was one of them... 

I was one of them myself too, and for longer then I would have been had someone said something. And it was only at each point someone was unafraid to show me the error of my way (and call it what it was) that I could see it and turn from it.

Because when I was let go, and had their acceptance while in my behavior that (to me) was like shutting up the the Kingdom to me because I needed to repent.

For example, I had no clue what fornication was (at the first) and so I was showing up to church enjoying fellowship having no idea, until the pastor addressed me on it, and it was at that point I become afraid because I wouldn't inherit the Kingdom of God if I continued in that doing. So in fear I fled from it. So I appreciate anyone not shunning to declare to me the full counsel of God in respects to the same. I needed to be corrected and shrinking from that for fear to do so would have never saved me from the error of my way.

God bless you!

Exactly! Glad you and I are on the same page :secret-talk: had to use that one lol

And God bless you too sis.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Hebrews 6:4 "For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, IF THEY FALL AWAY, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to open shame

It sounds like its very possible to have once been a born again Holy Spirit filled Christian, and simply let the deceitfulness of sin draw you away from the faith, and bring you to a place where you are no longer abiding in the love of God

Guest AFlameOfFire

Hebrews 6:4 "For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, IF THEY FALL AWAY, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to open shame

It sounds like its very possible to have once been a born again Holy Spirit filled Christian, and simply let the deceitfulness of sin draw you away from the faith, and bring you to a place where you are no longer abiding in the love of God

David (by some) is considered not to be born again, even though he was filled with the Holy Ghost and spake by the same, but David also did evil

2Sam 12:9 Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon.

Yet for the most part it says this of David

1Kings 15:5 Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.

Thats a pretty good record for those who use David as an example of a sinner (and who some believe was not born again)

Whereas in the psalm (Psalm 51)  which was written when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba (Uriah's wife) that's what David feared

He wrote,

Psalm 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Because He took his Spirit away from Saul

1Sam 16:14 But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

But it does say David did what was right save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Matthew 7:13-14

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1Cr 6:9-10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Such were some of us. but we weren't called to work uncleanness but unto holiness, but at least he informs us not to be deceived  on this matter.

Though he does speak on our company, and what is called a brother which be the following

1Cr 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Calls them to put the one in the fornication out from among them 

His being expelled, was a shunning of sorts, which in 2 Cr they brought him back, not so much before he sorrowed but that he would not be overcome by the same it seems. They seemed to save a soul from the error of their way in this doing.

2Cr 2:6 Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many.

2Cr 2:7 So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.

So shows he was received back, after he repented

Although it takes some a lifetime to abide by these rules, many falls and learning the hard way to finally realize that we cannot be blessed in life if we're not obedient. I know because I was one of them... 

I was two....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

All that is recorded that came into the presence of God (OT) immediately recognized they vile selves inwardly outwardly

[allwardly (I know not a word :) )] except Paul and John (NT) old / new a division in God's Word... 

We born as sin in a place of sin and there exists two things God is interested in-> this the truth Jesus brought into the world Jn18:37

2 Peter 3:10-13

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise,

and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.  11 Therefore,

since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking

for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the

elements will melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new

earth in which righteousness dwells.
NKJV

this is what this man was preaching on.... if all that is here is without worth and set for the fire EXCEPT BUT for people

and His Word -> what does your life consist of in priorities? It is not rocket science is it? 

The children should be about eternal matters not the temporary... 

1 John 2:15-17

15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all

that is in the world — the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life — is not of the Father but is of the world.

17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.
NKJV

what is the will of the Father

2 Peter 3:9
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that

any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
NKJV

give your life to telling others the truth as He has told you ...

Love, Steven