• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I am shocked

I am extremely pleased and thank God for answered prayer.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

I am as well,  JDavis.  I believe Zimmerman, while not guilty of murder, is guilty of provoking a confrontation.  Even if the Martin kid was being a typical mouthy teenager he didn't deserve to die for it.  Lives have been devastated and one lost forever here.  But the jury has spoken and we have to respect their verdict.

Zimmerman was jumped and beaten by the kid.  How, exactly, does that translate into provoking a confrontation?  If Zimmerman had been black, and the kid killed was white or Hispanic, the case never would have gone to trial and he probably wouldn't have been charged at all. So your concept of "justice" and my concept of justice are not the same.  You are advocating that an innocent man be held responsible and punished for something that he didn't do.  Would that work for you, if the shoe were on your foot?

I would say that getting out of your car and following Martin could be construed as provoking a confrontation.

I am shocked

What's shocking about it, in your opinion?

I really thought they would find him guilty of manslaughter.  guess I was wrong.

I am shocked

I am extremely pleased and thank God for answered prayer.

I do not think there was a "good" outcome to the whole situation.  

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am as well,  JDavis.  I believe Zimmerman, while not guilty of murder, is guilty of provoking a confrontation.  Even if the Martin kid was being a typical mouthy teenager he didn't deserve to die for it.  Lives have been devastated and one lost forever here.  But the jury has spoken and we have to respect their verdict.

Zimmerman was jumped and beaten by the kid.  How, exactly, does that translate into provoking a confrontation?  If Zimmerman had been black, and the kid killed was white or Hispanic, the case never would have gone to trial and he probably wouldn't have been charged at all. So your concept of "justice" and my concept of justice are not the same.  You are advocating that an innocent man be held responsible and punished for something that he didn't do.  Would that work for you, if the shoe were on your foot?

I would say that getting out of your car and following Martin could be construed as provoking a confrontation.

There's no law against observing someone you think is suspicious nor even asking them what their intentions are. Doing something legal cannot be considered a provocation.

I am shocked

What's shocking about it, in your opinion?

I really thought they would find him guilty of manslaughter.  guess I was wrong.

There was no way that reasonable doubt could ever, ever have been met in this case. All it takes to beat reasonable doubt in a self defense case, ALL it takes, is for each juror to look at the situation and ask if there's a possibility that the defendant was in fear for his life, not if he was actually in fear for his life, just the POSSIBILITY that he was in fear for his life. I think any reasonable person can say that there's a possibility that at the moment the shooting happen zimmerman was possibly in fear for his life. Open and closed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What is justice? What are we seeking? Do we want revenge? Or do we want redemption?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

There are articles about a black woman, Marissa Alexander, getting 20 years in prison for shooting a gun but not hurting anyone, yet George Zimmerman was acquitted for killing a young man.  It appears as if the law is not being applied equitably in Florida.

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/07/14/why-did-marissa-alexander-get-a-20-year-sentence-despite-invoking-stand-your-ground/

There are articles about a black woman, Marissa Alexander, getting 20 years in prison for shooting a gun but not hurting anyone, yet George Zimmerman was acquitted for killing a young man.  It appears as if the law is not being applied equitably in Florida.

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/07/14/why-did-marissa-alexander-get-a-20-year-sentence-despite-invoking-stand-your-ground/

The injustice here isn't Zimmerman being found not guilty, it's her being sentenced to 20 years in prison.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

First I would like to point out, its a totally different scenario. There are always things in every case, zimmermans, and this one, that dont get released to the press. Second, the law says lethal force-shooting a wall isnt lethal force. And, obviously, they found enough reasonable doubt in the case to convict marissa, they didnt in zimmermans case. You cant really do a side by side comparison, without knowing all the details.