IGNORED

Can a Religious Left Rival the Christian Right?

nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hi Neb,

with all my heart I wish that we would describe ourselves as Christians only, without any additive like politically right or left.

Thomas

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

So the "liberal" christians who don't believe in the Bible are going to trump those who do (left= liberal and most don't believe in the bible) that is old news. My age group (90s to millenials) have always been that way. Many don't believe or think the Bible is authority and just follow the "love and peace" verses of the Bible to adhere to their life. They state they only follow Jesus but don't know anything about him since they only read certain cherry picked verses of his word thus they are able to support things that are completely contradictory to the Bible. It would be great if we could all call ourselves Christians and ignore politics but the power that politics provide (laws that influence all) is too great for humanity's own pride and arrogance. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Hi Neb,

with all my heart I wish that we would describe ourselves as Christians only, without any additive like politically right or left.

Thomas

If only......I totally agree, Thomas

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

No.  What we refer to as the 'religious Left' today, is really just a chimera; composed of some sort of 'belief' in Jesus, wedded to the a prioris of the philosophy of Karl Marx, and Friedrich Engels:  Dialectical Materialism.

Dialectical Materialisms core is the belief that ONLY the material exists.  No soul, no spirit, no god, no God, no angels, no devil; just the physical world.  Since this belief is diametrically opposed to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I can only conclude it IS the 'Religion of Satan;' his ultimate and greatest deception exercised upon mankind. 

The millions of true Christians holding these views are seriously decieved, and their spiritual lives must--of necessity--be stunted.  They have built with 'wood, hay, and stubble.';  

Such views, Jesus says, will not prevail, but rather, IT WILL BURN.  The 'works' being lost, but the lovely persons being saved, due to God's mercy. 

He's an exceptionally good sport!!!

The humor should not be taken as trying to minimize this deplorable spiritual reality in which we live.  I call as a watchman on the wall to every Leftist who claims to be Christian, to 'come and learn the Bible' and to 'come and seek the mind of the Lord.'  Repent and truly get your life and philosophical underpinnings transfigured by Him.  ONLY in this way, will you ever have 'works of Gold and precious metals' which will be eternal.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

The silent generation??? Do any of you consider me silent??? The writer shows signs of bigotry in this instance. It brings out the fight'n fundie in me.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  11/08/1952

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" - or, in other words, Treat others the way that you would like to be treated with respect, dignity, and equality.

Treat homosexuals the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat African-Americans the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat Hispanics the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat Asians, Native Americans, or whoever, the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat women the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat the poor the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat rte homeless the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat the mentally handicapped the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat members of another religion the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat members of another Christian denomination the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat your enemies, and all of the people who mean to do you harm, the way that you would like to be treated.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". I wonder which liberal said that?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

IMO true Christianity libservative or coniberal...we are liberal when it comes to feeding the poor, housing the homeless,etc., but conservative regarding small government, sanctity of life and so on...

In reality we should not pick A side (for both are seriously lacking and exploit us for votes)...I pledge allegiance to the cross for which it stood and look forward to the country of God...

Brother Paul

I think a conservatarian would be closer to what a Christian should be.  Jesus was not about trying to force people do to things via laws and regulations. 

Most conservatives do not really want a smaller government, just certain parts of it.  They have a long list of rules and regulations they want the government to enforce.

And on the other side, we do not need the government to take care of the poor and the homeless, religious organizations do it a much more efficient manner.  Even pseudo-government organizations like the Red Cross are not very efficient.

Take hurricane Katrina as an example.  When FEMA and the Red Cross got there to help they found the Southern Baptist Convention Relief Society already there helping those in need. At one point the Red Cross was getting a million meals a day from the SBC.  Those meals came from thousands of small churches each making meals and helping out.  Never did the SBC get a dime for their meals, nor did they ask.   Red Cross volunteers got bussed in and were put up on hotels and were paid a stipend.  The SBC folks paid their own way down there, they slept on the floor of churches and didn't get a dime.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" - or, in other words, Treat others the way that you would like to be treated with respect, dignity, and equality.

Treat Asians, Native Americans, or whoever, the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat members of another Christian denomination the way that you would like to be treated.

Treat your enemies, and all of the people who mean to do you harm, the way that you would like to be treated.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". I wonder which liberal said that?

Jesus was no liberal, that is for sure.  If He had a political leaning it was that of a libertarian, but most definitely not a liberal in today's sense

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

You could have just said, Love everyone as He Loves you, and saved yourself a bunch of typing  :cool2: