missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

Have you ever been a victim of a clique?You usually see cliques in junior high or high school but their are adult cliques.Do you see them at your church?Are their cliques at your work?How does dealing with cliques make you feel?Do you think you are a member of a group of people who are in a clique?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/24/1957

bopeep,

The simple quick answer to your question is YES,We have all been a victim(as you put it) to the action's of Cliques.....I look at this subject like this, you can either choose to be Pitiful, or powerful..you can't be both.

At my job, i was welcomed into the inner circle if you will,Now this was about 18 years ago.....

My boss is a very loving, kind,giving person....BUT also prone to "dirty jokes"..ect....

I've seen her loan money to some of her employee's....and never get a nickle of it back....

Thru all these year's i've chosen to stay in the outter circle....my out look on life stunnes her at time's....Oooooo not in a bad way, it's the way i present myself  that stunnes her....

Thru all these year's she has learned I don't play stupid games, like lying to get a day off, If i'm not able to go to work, It's because I really am to sick to be at work, i've worked with a 101 fever.....

I say what i mean and mean what i say...ect,

I remenber many year's ago i had dented a door on the loaner van,I told her i would pay her for the bill to have that door fixed and i LOL when she said "You're not gonna quit are you??" I told her "Are you kiddin me woman!, I'm to far in hock to you to quit"

Even my own father looked at me like I'd lost my mind..LOL as he said that's why she has insurance,

I explained to him Why should She get stuck with this bill, i was the one that messed up....

so to me i WAS doing the right thing.....

there are a few christian's at my work....I treat everybody with love, but i can't respect them for the way that they conduct their lives, back stabbing, lying ect......there's one gal that has a cabin, she likes to invite her co-worker's up there to get liquored up, so that she can get some "dirt" on them,I was invited a few times, i have alway's declined her offer by LOL and sayin "now darlin, you wouldn't want me there, I'd do the technacolor mombo on your shoes".....

Do I judge them?? NO! mostly i feel sorry for them,lend a hand where i can...they know i'm the real deal....

SO to answer your question bopeep, i don't worry about Cliques at all.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,730
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I think everyone has, at one time or another, but I think everyone has also, if not currently, in a clique. People tend to gravitate towards people with like interests, and thats who they hang out with a lot, its normal human behavior. What you need to be careful though, is in not letting your clique become exlcusive-its easy to do, and many of us don't even realize were doing it.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,271
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

I don't remember being part of a clique but I was on the outside a lot. Some of it was my own fault because I once was very shy. Yes, it is true. But God has helped overcome that, and now I am more interested in reaching out to people and to others that feel on the outside. It is still hard to do. I force myself to greet people and welcome them. But I remember what it felt like and don't want others to feel that way.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What is the difference between being a clique and having a group of friends whom you hang out with?

Is it wrong to be a part of a group of friends?

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,707
  • Content Per Day:  8.03
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Every time I hear the word clique I think of Pat and his guns and I hit the deck! :happyhappy:

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,730
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Every time I hear the word clique I think of Pat and his guns and I hit the deck! :happyhappy:

only reason you need to fear my guns is if your a tasty animal, threatening my family, or trying to take last. And even last, you dont need to worry to much, Ill only shoot you with my paintball guns. :P

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,707
  • Content Per Day:  8.03
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Oh no we've leaked over into another thread.... messy messy messy*** Last  :happyhappy:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

What is the difference between being a clique and having a group of friends whom you hang out with?

Is it wrong to be a part of a group of friends?

the difference is the exclusive nature of a clique.  members of a clique tend to only interact with those in the group and the group is next to impossible to become a part of.

It is not wrong to be a part of a group of friends, Jesus had his own "group of close" friends you could call a clique, but he did not exclusively spend his time with them.

the danger in churches of cliques is that they start to wield power and then other cliques are created to counter the first and it becomes a vicious cycle.  My previous church is segmented into cliques, the whole church is literally a collection of little small groups of people with people trying to join the "cool" group.  It is because of this that I truly dislike Facebook.  Facebook became the tool for letting everyone know who you were with and what you were doing.   Then Sunday school prayer and praise request would turn into "I want to thank God for good fellowship last night with _______".   

If you were a part of one of the cliques then things were not too bad, but imagine being on the outside wondering why you were never invited to movies or lunch after church.  Imagine being part of a church body but being alone, sitting in the pew, getting all the friendly greetings yet never being asked to do things with others.  Churches are second only to High School when it comes to cliques and it is a close race.

I am embarrassed to say that I am speaking from experiences, but sadly I was in a clique and did not see the insidious nature of what was happening till I was able to step outside of the church.   that was more than 3 years ago and the church has not changed but I have only one friend left from that church as most took my family leaving as a personal affront to them.

Cliques just help to reinforce the stereotype that so many people have about Christians these days.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

I admit (sadly) I was a member of a clique in high school. Our whole purpose for being was to torment girls who were not in our social circle. I was a spoiled brat who abused those less fortunate than me.

Popularity was everything, back then. :(