GoldenEagle

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I like that - no matter how bad things get it is just an illusion- and that when we think things are going well and we are doing ok - that can be an illusion too if we think we do not need Christ or need Him as much. I too, tend to depend less on Him in good times - maybe why I'm going through what seems to be so much bad right now? To bring me back where I need to be? Relying totally on Him.

Thanks, I really needed to hear that today!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

For about 10 years my Christian life was a roller coaster. I was either high on Jesus and full of rejoicing or down in the valley of bewilderment. Then I got tired of it and asked God to leave me somewhere in between. I guess I became more dependant on God's promises and more confident of His love, and i don't remember when or how it all came about. Life in Christ is somewhat more constant now and the trials are different. Some of my worst trials have been the false accusations from believers I loved, and at work, as well. But through them I became better acquainted with the sufferings of Christ. Now I have come to accept that the Christian life has a lot to do with suffering in one way or another. When Paul was called, Jesus told him of the things he must suffer for His sake. Acts 9:16 We often forget to warn new believers that God does not say there will be no trials; only that He will walk with us through them.

Romans 8:17 and if children, then heirs--heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him that we may also be glorified together." There is always suffering. It is a part of life. But we are to glorify Christ in our suffering.

I have frequently told the Lord That if He REALLY wants to be glorified He might choose another way because I don't endure pain well at all. LOL

Recently I had good reason to believe I would not be long on this earth for medical reasons. I was so excited to be with the Lord yet not wanting to leave my hubby who needs as much help as I do and who is also in pain with arthritis. We help each other and support each other (as well as friends and family) with prayer. I was asking God to provide someone else to care for him after I was gone.. While I dreaded the suffering I would have to go through, I knew I would have to keep my eyes on the goal and not look back to endure what God was calling me to endure. Well, it was a false alarm. I had misunderstood the results of the the tests. While I still must go through more tests, I am somewhat relieved, especially for hubby's sake, and somewhat disappointed for my own sake. My desire to be in heaven has become very strong. I Have been living Philippeans 1:21-24. For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain. But if i live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet which I shall choose I cannot tell. For I am hard pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you."NKJV

"For I know whom I have believed

And am persuaded that He is able

To keep that which I have committed

To Him, against that day." 2 Timothy 1:12.

Life with Christ is an adventure. There are surprises around every corner. And there are blessings there, too. And death in Christ is the greatest adventure and blessing of all.

Now, I am not into escapism or asking God to get me out of the circumstances like I was when I was first walking with God. If I may quote the Gaithers:

"Because He lives, I can face tomarrow,

Because He lives, all fear is gone,

Because I know Who holds the future

My life is worth the livin' just because He lives."

He has never let me down. We are secure in His loving care.

Willa

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  338
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  4

Amen Willamina , it's obvious to me just by your word's that the Lord has took all you been through and is using it now in a powerful way to speak to other's , and my self  thank you for posting this  :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks Golden Eagle, that was awesome.  I so know what you mean when everything is going right I start to forget that it is God that has gotten me there and I need him more than ever to keep going but I might forget about him and then I come to a bad situation and turn back to him.  I truly need to trust God and lean on him always.  Bless you :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Dear Golden Eagle,

God has blessed you with the wonderful ability to bless others with words of encouragement,I pray He continues to bless you bountifully....let us take a moment to give Him,ALL THE GLORY!!!!

I really like when people are honest enough in doing a self examination,I know I must frequently take a close look at my motives and ask God to reveal to me what is in my heart that needs to be brought to my attention(that is displeasing to Him).....Thank you ,my brother in Christ for sharing with us the imperfect heart and mind we all have,as you expressed your tendancies to become more self reliant when things are going good,how quickly we can forget Gods mercy for us all.....His new mercies each and every day,that endure forever.

I have "stuff" going on all around me,it never ceases to subside....constantly under attack......lol-I am so humbly grateful that my Loving and Gracious Father trusts in me that I will hold on to His Word,"My Grace is sufficient",He has priviledged me with,like Paul,a thorn in my side to remind me daily that every good thing in me is from Him....all the rest,the"stuff",is temporal and one day will fade away but by the ultimate sacrifice of my Jesus....I will go on to eternity and will receive my reward.......PRAISE JESUS

Circumstances are sometimes not in Gods will to change but to change us,trusting in Him is the best way to say"thank you,Father"and to bear our fruits so others can see the image of our Savior,Christ Jesus.

God bless you,Kwik

My father says you're either coming out of a storm, in a storm, or headed into a storm.

I've found God is less interested in my attempts at perfection (I'm so not perfect...) and more interested in helping me understand my need for dependence on Him. :thumbsup:

Amen, well said .  He is the only true and solid foundation we can stand on and trust.  As the old hymn says "all other ground is sinking sand"  Amen!!!!!!!!!!!

This one? Yes. Amen!

"My Hope is Built on Nothing Less"

by Edward Mote, 1797-1874

1. My hope is built on nothing less

Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;

I dare not trust the sweetest frame,

But wholly lean on Jesus' name.

On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;

All other ground is sinking sand.

2. When darkness veils His lovely face,

I rest on His unchanging grace;

In every high and stormy gale

My anchor holds within the veil.

3. His oath, His covenant, and blood

Support me in the whelming flood;

When every earthly prop gives way,

He then is all my Hope and Stay.

4. When He shall come with trumpet sound,

Oh, may I then in Him be found,

Clothed in His righteousness alone,

Faultless to stand before the throne!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Worthy Family

Thank you for posting that beautiful poem,I have never heard it.....or at least I don't remember,but I think it would not be forgotten if I had....

This has been a very encouraging thread,to say the least...................praise and glory to the Father ,the Son and the Holy Spirit!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

I like that - no matter how bad things get it is just an illusion- and that when we think things are going well and we are doing ok - that can be an illusion too if we think we do not need Christ or need Him as much. I too, tend to depend less on Him in good times - maybe why I'm going through what seems to be so much bad right now? To bring me back where I need to be? Relying totally on Him.

Thanks, I really needed to hear that today!

Glad this blessed you! :)

Thanks Golden Eagle, that was awesome.  I so know what you mean when everything is going right I start to forget that it is God that has gotten me there and I need him more than ever to keep going but I might forget about him and then I come to a bad situation and turn back to him.  I truly need to trust God and lean on him always.  Bless you :)

More of God and less of us. :thumbsup:

God is good. When we are facing trials and tribulations His nature doesn't change. Sometimes we need to remember that. :)