• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

Do you believe apostasy is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

I don't believe blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is a sin that can be committed in this day and age. As I understand it, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit was the sin of attributing Jesus' miracles to Satan, while Jesus was still on the earth.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

Theologians have been puzzled by that passage for centuries. Your interpretation is interesting, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I am puzzled by Jesus' words that he who endures to the end shall be saved. Does this mean that to fail to continue successful in the Christian walk ends up being lost again? I used to be a firm believer, but I do not claim to be a Christian because I honestly cannot say I have a walk with God. I still believe in Christ, but I feel that He will say to me I never knew you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,146
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Dear Gray Wolf,

Blessings & Greetings,my friend.....Not at all,just think of Jesus parable of the sower and the seed(Matthew 13:1-23)That is the endurance Jesus is speaking of.........and as He said,"He who has ears ,let them hear"......When the Word of God(Jesus is the Word)is truly received in a  heart that has opened up to Him & have submitted without reservation & complete surrender that is the "good ground"....those are the ones that will not fall by the wayside,are deeply rooted in good soil,will not be chocked by weeds.....will endure to the end.

Gray Wolf,you said you still believe in Christ and I have read many of your posts which sound to me that you do know Who Jesus is and perhaps you just don't feel you have a relationship with Him.....ask Him to help you,He will....perhaps with some more personal time & more time in the Word you can receive the blessed assurance that you desire.....I certainly do not have all the answers but I do know that God really does love us & His Grace is the unmerited favor given us through our belief in His Son,you are a "whosoever",same as me....john 3:16.......go back to ephesians,armor up,bind up & cast out that spirit of doubt & be bold & confident in knowing that nothing can pluck you out of Jesus hand

You are in my prayers & in my heart.....I think you have raised many an interesting topic here at Worthy & it is a blessing,you are in the right place and I am glad you are here.....may your faith continue to grow and your relationship with Christ be ever so intimate that you will receive Gods blessed assurance by the power of the Holy Spirit ,in Jesus Name

With love,in Christ-Kwik

I am puzzled by Jesus' words that he who endures to the end shall be saved. Does this mean that to fail to continue successful in the Christian walk ends up being lost again? I used to be a firm believer, but I do not claim to be a Christian because I honestly cannot say I have a walk with God. I still believe in Christ, but I feel that He will say to me I never knew you.

http://www.raptureready.com/featured/ice/AnInterpretationofMatthew24_25_11.html

Good reference. Makes sense in this passage. But it doesn't make me feel much better, lol!

Hebrews 6 describes people who are believers, have done the right things, even partaken of the Holy Spirit, yet catastrophically fall away, from which it is impossible to renew them. And it says like the briar and thorns are burned. I don't know how you manage to interpret it otherwise.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Rom 10:8-10

that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved;

NASB

if you want to be saved and know you are saved this is the way.  confess with your mouth that Jesus is your Lord and believe that the Father raised him from the dead......  and scripture says you definitely be saved.  the only draw back that i can see would be if you lied about Jesus being your Lord, because if he is your Lord then you should be doing the things he told us to do.  some people would call that works and make a fuss over it........     saved people do works for Jesus told us to do certain things and so saved people do works.......   no to be saved....   because they are saved already.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Why can't salvation be based on works? It can be based by works.

It not based on works, if it was it would take away from the finished work of the cross.  No one and I mean no one can get to Heaven by works.  As the word says it is by faith you are saved not of works lest any man should boast.  If you are counting your works to get you to Heaven best you are going to fall very short.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Hebrews 6 describes people who are believers, have done the right things, even partaken of the Holy Spirit, yet catastrophically fall away, from which it is impossible to renew them. And it says like the briar and thorns are burned. I don't know how you manage to interpret it otherwise.

amen