IGNORED

this may get me stoned by members but ...

ayin jade

Do you like madea films?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like madea films?

2. 2. Do you think the films have Christian values in them?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I hear Christians praising the films with madea character in it. I see the films for sale in Christian book stores. I personally find it objectionable. 

Im curious, do you like or dislike or have no opinion about madea? Or perhaps never heard of those films? 

If you like them or dislike them, what do you enjoy or find objectionable?

I will post my views on this later as folks respond. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1994

I don't know anything about madea movies, but I do like films with christian values. I like it when the main-character is a good guy and not an anti-hero. Its okay if the hero has flaws (just like every human being) but you know that even when they screw up they are still good.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/24/1957

{{{Jadey}}}

I wasn't stoneing you in chat and i'm not gonna stone you now....lol

My Dear sister were trying to arrive at the same destination just comin from different directions....

My father told me as a young child about how important it is when useing plow horse's , they  have to be compatable in order to plow a straight furrow to plant the seeds in.

you and i are in a sense doing just this.. you in your's and me in mine....

you see Jadey i grew up in less then a Christian home, ooo the principles were there..just not the REAL Goods if you get my drift...

BUT the principles lead me to the MEAT of Christianity.

I'vemet some real life Madea's..i'm going to tell yoiu about one of them...

In 1988 I moved to Pa. and lived in a trailer court.....NOT a soul knew us or we them...

so imagine my surprise when  this older woman named Cora, came up to me at the bus stop the first day of school and in a very friendly, warm , welcomin voice introduced herself, by saying "Hi Honey, how are you ?? My names Cora"..something about Cora drew me to her, before i knew it we were sharing coffee at her kitchen table.

as time went by and our friendship grew, i watched this amazing real life Madea in action.....

if you needed a place to stay, her door was always open, needed a meal, come sit at my table, just need a loving touch from GODS arms, her's were always open...THat whole town knew and loved CORA!!!

NOw When vexed she could and would swear  like a sailor on leave..LOL

as i watched her and learned from her, i learned a very valuable lesson..the CHURCH needs to be in the streets of life.

JESUS ate  with sinner's and many GASPED in horror when HE did....and called HIM awful names for doing so.....

CORA was A saved Born again believer, yes she did have a few cross's to bear, but then don't we all??

we can lean alot from the Cora's of the world.....I took what i learned and was able to use it in my job transporting behavioral misbehaving kids..

They would swear trying to get a rise out of me....and it always caught them off guard when i would laugh at them and say "Child i knew all the bad words before you even hit the planet" " I'm not impressed, there are only 2 rules in this van..1, i'll treat you with respect and you'll treat me with respect,2 you'll treat you're van mates with respect and they you..do this and we'll get along just fine, don't and i'll fall on you like a ton of brick's....now whgat's it gonna be?? i'm up for either one.....lol

They got the message , so then that gave me the in i was lookin for me to reach them.....

i didn't care about the words, just the child and they knew it....for most of them they had just had rock's from life thrown at them.....they just needed to know that to me they weren't damaged goods and then they responded with love.....

ii was something different then they had ever had..LOL they used to tell me "Miss you so weird"(this was a good thing)

now let's put this in context with tyler perry and Madea.....yes he does dress as Madea a woman, a character portrayal nothing more....you have never seen a tyler perry movie..so perhaps you don't understand where i'm coming from...Jadey it's up to you wheither you do or not, but in prder for you to understand what i'm talking about, perhaps you should...."Diary of a mad black woman " makes my point quite well.. but as i said that's up to you....

I thank GOD for the Cora's (Madea's of this world)....there straight forward and give the love of GOD to the lost, broken, hurting, folks of this world.....

maybe unconventually but HIS LOVE NONE THE LESS...

GBU {{{JADEY}}}}}

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

I don't watch  films any longer.I have gone to movies in the past that I was told had Christian values in them and the movie did not..I used to go to alot of movies.The movies have changed over the years and so have I.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I hate shows and movies with madea. I think they are mindless and idiotic.  Yes I do love Christian movies.  The really good ones always talk about Jesus, His sacrifice for us and God's unconditional love.  That is what the world needs to hear, not the mindless dribble of medea.

I have no idea who the person/character is, and don't go to movies much any more due to the expense. Netflix and Redbox are cheaper, but I'm more into the older movies made before our culture had decayed so much. Don't get me started on network TV . . . :whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

I'm not really a fan. I used to be for the plays but not really for movies. Honestly they are just stereotyping black people and our unique religious culture along with other hardships that are prominent in the black community i.e drugs/rape/gang violence. It is just a hodge podge of stereotypes and I don't think it supports Christian values at all in the films. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

:confused:  I'm going to have to google this to see what you people are talking about.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,717
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

not even sure who madea is nor what movies she is in.

i've watched several of them. there are some i won't waste time with, but others that i wouldn't pass up. for instance, madea goes to jail really doesn't hold any interest for me. but some of the others are fantastic... my two favorites are "meet the browns" (not to be confused with the sitcom by the same name, although the sitcom is also by tyler perry), and "i can do bad all by myself". LOVE both of those two movies.

are they suitable for all ages? no way. the first one is more so than the second. the second one has some very adult themes... alcoholism, shacking up, attempted rape of a minor. and tyler perry's movies do have some strong language. but they depict real life in this world we live in, and are stories of redemption. stories of people who are not christians who discover the love that their redeemer has for them. stories of how God heals broken people and broken lives.

and to me, that's worth watching. and for a world full of people who are desparate for a savior, i think these are relate-able films that God can use in a real way to get His message of hope across.