John 1-17

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

There are three views to the idenity of the two witnesses in Revelation.

1.Moses and Elijah

2.Enoch and Elijah

3.Two unknown witnesses who God calls.

Moses has already died once.He could not be one of the witnesses.God took two people to heaven without dieing,Enoch and Elijah.This was to prepare them for a special purpose.

We can speculate all we want but no one is going to know until the future.

it could even be you and I.

If he calls I'll go do it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

There's a fourth view.

The passages never states that the two witnesses are two people. Considering the symbolism of Revelation, there is also the possibility that the two witnesses represent two groups of people.

Consider that the two witnesses are called: "the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth." If you can figure out the meaning of that, you better understand who these witness might be.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I always felt the two witness where the true christians, who preached the old and new testament in the end of days. as right as the last one is destroyed . 3 1/2 days later Jesus returns and then its all over pretty much. jews and gentiles. old and new testament .... all of us are the two witness ... imo

Edited by No Fear

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

There are three views to the idenity of the two witnesses in Revelation.

1.Moses and Elijah

2.Enoch and Elijah

3.Two unknown witnesses who God calls.

Moses has already died once.He could not be one of the witnesses.God took two people to heaven without dieing,Enoch and Elijah.This was to prepare them for a special purpose.

We can speculate all we want but no one is going to know until the future.

it could even be you and I.

If he calls I'll go do it.

I highly doubt that.

There's a fourth view.

The passages never states that the two witnesses are two people. Considering the symbolism of Revelation, there is also the possibility that the two witnesses represent two groups of people.

Consider that the two witnesses are called: "the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth." If you can figure out the meaning of that, you better understand who these witness might be.

The 2 olive trees sound like 2 Jews to me.

Zec 4:11-14  Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?  (12)  And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?  (13)  And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.  (14)  Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Acts 1

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

I'm inclined to take this quite literally. The coming events to come in reverse chronological order - including two literal witnesses, which I tend to think are the same that appeared in Matt 17 - Moses and Elias.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

enoob57 thanks for the link to the Gnostics but that does not apply to me. The bible is the word of God, Jesus came as saviour. I have been guided to knowledge open to all who seek it, it is the revelation of the interpretation of that knowledge that I have been given hence my interpretation of the Two witnesses.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/10/1968

How long will I be on moderaor queue? It's been yrs now.

My message if it will be posted is, The two witnesses are Christ and John the Babptist, both killed and resurrected, the reason for the vision of John the Baptist talking with Christ..

kwikphilly you do seem really concerned about me. No man can come to the father except through me, this is a bit of a problem for me, I did not actively seek God but what happened to me was more like Paul on the road to Damascus only it happened twice, he decided to come into my life and I can only suppose when. Unlike others such as yourself my belief is not based on faith but knowledge so strictly speaking I do not need scripture to maintain my faith, as I said before I have little choice as I know any path I take will be one chosen by God, this interpretation of the Two witnesses is just a step along that path. 

How do you know it was God that showed you these 2 witnesses? 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

How long will I be on moderaor queue? It's been yrs now.

Send a message to the moderators and ask them.