• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

So far my questions have been answered very well. So thanks again. This might be an easier question, but we'll see. How do we know that God isn't just an invention of man to explain things we can't/couldn't understand? I'm convinced that the story of Jericho is true due to pretty overwhelming archeological evidence, but is it possible that the Israelites took over the city themselves without the help of God and that they were the ones that burnt the city and not God?

The way we know God is not an invention is prophecy. God has said He would do things hundreds and thousands of years in the future and they have come to pass. We can look at secular history to see things that happened that God said would happen. No human being can do that.

So far my questions have been answered very well. So thanks again. This might be an easier question, but we'll see. How do we know that God isn't just an invention of man to explain things we can't/couldn't understand? I'm convinced that the story of Jericho is true due to pretty overwhelming archeological evidence, but is it possible that the Israelites took over the city themselves without the help of God and that they were the ones that burnt the city and not God?

~

The Truth Is Flipped

Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding? Isaiah 29:16

For It Was God Who Created Man

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Genesis 2:7

And It Was God Who Took Jericho Down, Down To The Ground

And it came to pass at the seventh time, when the priests blew with the trumpets, Joshua said unto the people, Shout; for the LORD hath given you the city.

And the city shall be accursed, even it, and all that are therein, to the LORD: only Rahab the harlot shall live, she and all that are with her in the house, because she hid the messengers that we sent. And ye, in any wise keep yourselves from the accursed thing, lest ye make yourselves accursed, when ye take of the accursed thing, and make the camp of Israel a curse, and trouble it. But all the silver, and gold, and vessels of brass and iron, are consecrated unto the LORD: they shall come into the treasury of the LORD.

So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets: and it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city. Joshua 6:16-20

And It Will Be God Who Will Raise Up All Men

For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. John 5:26-27

From The Dust Of The Earth

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:28-29

And To Save All

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Who Will

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17

Believe

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

You See?

~

Believe

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:8-10

And Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

So thanks to everyone who responded on my last topic. You definitely answered my questions. So now I want to talk about the Sumerian Tablets, which apparently pre-date the Bible and even share similar stories like the great flood and creation. So how do we know that the Sumerian Tablets aren't true and that maybe the stories in the Old Testament were just copied from these tablets?

~

Simple Truth

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1

So Simple Even

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

A Fifth Grader Can Get It

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

~

Foundational Question

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Mark 8:36-37

Got Jesus?

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:35-36

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/28/1993

Thanks for all of your responses in all of my threads. You've answered all of my questions. (I had dozens of others, but I found the answers to them elsewhere). I can't really think of anything else to ask. I want to specifically thank these two people:

@other one and @shiloh357 for your posts in this thread. I think because of what you two posted, I'm approaching a breaking point in this quest for finding my faith again.

@Butero: *Me at 16 years old* "Hmm. What's the most obscure username, that isn't offensive, that I can think of?" I use this username for a lot of different sites.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,173
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

'may God bless and protect you cactus'

This isn't really a question dealing with whether or not God is real or not like my past threads have been. I'm curious, though. Could someone explain to me the the Laws of Logic and how that can be used as proof for God's existence? Because apparently it can be used in that way. Yet, I just can't seem to wrap my head around this idea because the way that I've seen it explained is just so abstract and way over my head.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I have merged all four of your threads.  Please, if you have specific questions, title the thread accordingly.  It becomes a nightmare to keep track of threads of like titles.

Thank You.

Gotcha. This works. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Let's look at the probability of life being created through the big bang theory.

Several years ago, evolutionist Harold Morowitz of Yale, and currently professor of biology and natural philosophy at George Mason University, estimated the probability of the formation of the smallest and simplest living organism to be one in 10340,000,000 (1970, p. 99). A few years following Morowitz’s calculations, the late, renowned evolutionist Carl Sagan made his own estimation of the chance that life could evolve on any given single planet: one in 102,000,000,000 (1973, p. 46)! Note also that these calculations were made before the last several decades have revealed with even more clarity the complexity of life (cf. Deweese, 2010). These probability estimations for the formation of life, made by the evolutionists themselves, are, of course, so far beyond the limit articulated for cosmic events by the Single Law of Chance that we must respond in shock, rather than humor, at the big lie that has been perpetrated on the world at large by so many in the scientific community in thrusting macroevolution on the masses. The distinguished British astronomer, Sir Fred Hoyle once said regarding evolution, “the chance that higher forms have emerged in this way is comparable with the chance that a tornado sweeping through a junk-yard might assemble a Boeing 747 from the materials therein” (1981b, 294:105).

This is far more information on this site.  Using these fact, it is logical to believe that God made everything, therefore He exists, since it is so unlikely that we began from the Big Bang evolutionist theory.

+rep @OneLight

That was a great read. Wow.

Now, I'm still going to ask questions just because there are things that I'm curious about and some things don't make quite a lot of sense to me. So here comes my next question. 

The passage below implies that Israel will no longer have neighbors that are malicious, but to me, this seems untrue. It doesn't seem like Israel is getting along with much of anybody.

No longer will the people of Israel have malicious neighbors who are painful briers and sharp thorns. Then they will know that I am the Sovereign LORD. This is what the Sovereign LORD says: When I gather the people of Israel from the nations where they have been scattered, I will show myself holy among them in the sight of the nations. Then they will live in their own land, which I gave to my servant Jacob. They will live there in safety and will build houses and plant vineyards; they will live in safety when I inflict punishment on all their neighbors who maligned them. Then they will know that I am the LORD their God. Ezekiel 28: 24-26