• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings to all!

Lately we have had a few different discussions pertaining to the world of modern technology.....it has  negative as well as  positive effects on society. We have many different opinions that we love to share with each other and can learn so much from one another,being made aware of things we may have never considered had we not heard others point of view.....

This morning I was thinking about someone I know that has just become an ordained minister......she did this online,it took a matter of moments and now has credentials to officially join two people in marriage.......I have heard of Bible College on line but it takes many months of study(Charis for one)....personally as I am very new to the world of computers and don't know anything about this sort of thing,therefore I don't have an opinion

I also know someone else that was "ordained"online.....her Pastor wouldn't allow her to preach unless she became an ordained minister(She belongs to a Pentecostal church"COG)....Has anybody heard of these things before?What now?Click here^ to become an ordained minister(ordained by whom?)

I'm very interested to hear what everyone knows about this and your opinions.....

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

There are places you can be ordained online. You do not even have to be a Christian to get ordained as a Christian minister on those sites. That should give you an idea of what value that kind of ordination carries.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  338
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  4

That to me is down right scary,lol , they would need to meet the biblical qualifications , and possible that this can be one of the tool's that Satan uses to send out many false prophets into the world , you would really need to have disernment on this one,and test the spirits

1 John 4:1  Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world

Matthew 7:15.“Watch out for false prophets.  They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.  By their fruit you will recognise them.  Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?  Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.  A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.  Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.  Thus, by their fruit you will recognise them.”

2nd Corinthians 11:13  ... For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ.  And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.  It is not surprising, then, 

I know someone that did this to and come preaching time , it was clear he wasn't called , well to me anyway , I prefer someone in the Body of Christ that has a good reputation with other's , that meets the biblical qualification's and has been tested and is accountable knowing in person they havent done something like this out of their own self will 
then again I wouldn't want to say they were or weren't called , to easy and scetchy for me to take  them serious , just my opinion 

Wow,sure is scarey.....so what do you think of the Bible Colleges,that sounds like it may be a good thing....I don't know enough about anything on line....I am just shocked that a church Pastor who is in the Church of God organization has permitted this....I do know the young lady and I really don't feel she is ready for the podium........yea cozmoe,reaaal scarey-especially just finding out from Jade that they do not even have to be Christians........How is this permitted?I suppose they are more or less a glorified notary???

Love you guys,Kwik

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

The Universal Life Church ordains people online, and holds the belief that ministry is a Universal Right which no person can legislate.  Many atheists are ordained so that they can perform weddings for their friends.

The Universal Life Church Monastery, also known as the "ULC", has been serving our online church community for over 35 years.

Our fundamental task is to promote freedom of religion and to "do that which is right." We appeal to a worldwide audience through our online church services and a belief that "we are all children of the same universe."

Over 20 million ministers worldwide have become ordained with the Universal Life Church. The ULC is open to people of all faiths, offering everyone the religious freedom to become an ordained minister and practice your beliefs. 

As far as I am aware they were the first to offer online ordainment and remain the largest provider of online ordainment.

The Universal Life Church Monastery strongly believes in the rights of all people from all faiths to practice their religious beliefs, regardless of what those beliefs are, be they Christian, Jew, Gentile, Agnostic, Atheist, Buddhist, Shinto, Pagan, Wiccan, Druid or even Dignity Catholics; so long as they do not infringe upon the rights of others and are within the law of the land and one’s conscience.

We ordain ministers, priests, rabbis and clergy worldwide who are totally non-religious or even anti-religious. This may seem contradictory, but we are looking to change the negative perceptions of religion, faith and spirituality, by encouraging people to take control, stand up and speak truth to power by fearlessly stating their personal religious beliefs. The ULC Monastery seeks to fulfill the spiritual needs of as many different groups as we can by offering a wide variety of services, ordinations, information and networking opportunities.  We teach that the communication and fellowship of our ministers is equal to the once a week sacramonious fellowship in some of our most segregated and elitist churches.  We further proclaim that "We are all Children of the same Universe" and as such we each have a right to be here. Thus said, that is the way that your God and Mother Nature planned it.

We believe that everyone should be an ordained minister of theUniversal Life Church Monastery. Anyone who has not yet done so is simply unaware of the accorded privileges to perform wedding ceremonies, funerals, baptisms and yes, even exorcisms. This church will legally ordain anyone who asks and we will never charge a fee for doing so.

I hope that sheds a bright light on the mystery surrounding the topic!  Remember that even ministers who are ordained through a denomination don't get everything right, and might be on a wrong path themselves on many topics!  Every person is responsible to 'study to shew thyselves approved', so question often!  The job of your pastor is to empower you to go to God and rightly divide the truth.

Wow,sure is scarey.....so what do you think of the Bible Colleges,that sounds like it may be a good thing....I don't know enough about anything on line....I am just shocked that a church Pastor who is in the Church of God organization has permitted this....I do know the young lady and I really don't feel she is ready for the podium........yea cozmoe,reaaal scarey-especially just finding out from Jade that they do not even have to be Christians........How is this permitted?I suppose they are more or less a glorified notary???

Love you guys,Kwik

I think there are some good Bible colleges out there on line , I know around here the colleges are closing down due to expences , overhead... ect .. and are going the online route , I live right beside a christian college that shut down last year , and they seem to be doing well finishing online , they have their teachers , assignments due date and all that , that is the same going to a regular college , just a matter of checking them out , theres one online up north of me thats good , with a good reputation , and a lot of great ministrys :mgcheerful: They are a regular functioning Bible College that offer online courses too , i would look into those kind  :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

This is why it is always best not to follow every  pastor blindly. There have been people who have grown up in a church who have been taught to never question the pastor on anything. This is so wrong. To me, if a pastor will not allow his followers to question him from time to time, he is no pastor that I want to follow.

Edited by LadyKay

God bless you all,

Just so you know,I am not at all interested in ordination or Bible College for myself.....I kinda got the impression that maybe some of you thought I was shopping around....lol.....    I am just very interested in your different views is all because I have been hearing so much of it lately.

Personally I don't think myself to be anything but a filthy sinner that God has taken through many trials and tribulations(and from the road to destruction) for my good(because He loves me)and to give Him the glory!!Titles are unimportant to me,I just look at the tree for its fruits.......and as for me,I'm just proud to proclaim the Name of Jesus as my Lord and Savior!!!!

With love,in Christ-Kwik.

God bless you all,

Just so you know,I am not at all interested in ordination or Bible College for myself.....I kinda got the impression that maybe some of you thought I was shopping around....lol.....    I am just very interested in your different views is all because I have been hearing so much of it lately.

Personally I don't think myself to be anything but a filthy sinner that God has taken through many trials and tribulations(and from the road to destruction) for my good(because He loves me)and to give Him the glory!!Titles are unimportant to me,I just look at the tree for its fruits.......and as for me,I'm just proud to proclaim the Name of Jesus as my Lord and Savior!!!!

With love,in Christ-Kwik.

aw no kwik lol , just leaving info , if that was something you would happen to be interested in  :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

nummmm....I'm thinking, would you want to go a doctor that had graduated from "Worldwide Web Technologies of Interpretive Internal Medicine as the Software Sees It?"   ^_^