IGNORED

What do you think about word of faith churches

jetson

I have heard some of the ones mentioned speak and I can't find much of what they say as biblical. I think they are dangerous with a little bit of truth and a lot of false teachings. The one about being healed is really damaging. If you aren't healed it is because you don't have faith. I wonder where God's will is in all of this.

That's one of the more grevious errors in their teaching, IMO. I once saw a WoF'er make the mistake of telling someone if you die of cancer its because you didn't have the so-called "faith" to be healed. The person he told had lost his wife to a particularly slow painful death from cancer, and he decked the guy. It cost him a couple of loose teeth -- and frankly, I think he deserved it for the off handed way he said what he did. He showed no compassion for the family of someone who died. He was lucky he got out of there without meeting Jesus himself . . . :whistling:  Telling someone something like that is just evil, in my opinion.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

You, might can google, John Hagee's  sermon on, Christ took on our sins, and was tortured in hell.  It might be removed, by now.  Also google who are the Word of Faith teachers and what is it.  I used to watch John Hagee, years ago until, I notice he was talking to, a Jewish rabbi and he was saying, they would enter heaven under  the Old Testament laws.  The Bible says, they cannot be saved, unless they come under the Christian teaching in the New Testament, which is grace, by faith

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I have heard some of the ones mentioned speak and I can't find much of what they say as biblical. I think they are dangerous with a little bit of truth and a lot of false teachings. The one about being healed is really damaging. If you aren't healed it is because you don't have faith. I wonder where God's will is in all of this.

That's one of the more grevious errors in their teaching, IMO. I once saw a WoF'er make the mistake of telling someone if you die of cancer its because you didn't have the so-called "faith" to be healed. The person he told had lost his wife to a particularly slow painful death from cancer, and he decked the guy. It cost him a couple of loose teeth -- and frankly, I think he deserved it for the off handed way he said what he did. He showed no compassion for the family of someone who died. He was lucky he got out of there without meeting Jesus himself . . . :whistling:  Telling someone something like that is just evil, in my opinion.

The big question is, are the teeth still loose or are they now healed? :biggrinflip:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

The big question is, are the teeth still loose or are they now healed? :biggrinflip:

Lol

Welcome~!

~

Word of faith churches.... They are saying, sounds like He became a sinner.  If that was the case Christ died in vain and we have no savior.  That would make God the savior of Christ and we still have not been saved.  What a bunch of doodle....

:thumbsup:

Doodling

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. Acts 17:11

Noodling Through The Word

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Corinthians 5:21

~

And The Word Of Faith

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; Romans 10:8

The Word Of Faith

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

The Word Of Faith

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:10

The Word Of Faith In The LORD Jesus Christ

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. Psalms 116:12-13

~

Beloved Do You Hear The Word?

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

The Word Of Faith?

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

Don't Leave Earth Without It~!

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:5-9

~

Be Blessed

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Galatians 5:22

Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting.....I think if you scrutinize any Christian denomination you can find some teachings/traditions/base tenants which can make your eyes squint.

However, if someone is anointed by GOD to gather the lost souls to Christ, not locally but on a world wide scale, who then has the authority to speak against Gods anointed?

Moses brother and sister did that in the wilderness..

Edited by Enoc

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Word of Faith is unbiblical.I do not support the teachings of the WOF such as the ones that were mentioned in the first post plus Benny Hinn.Words can be used to manipulate the the faith-force.

God alone is the Sovereign Creator of the Universe Genesis 1:3;1Timothy 6:15 and does not need faith.He is the object of faith Mark 11:22;Hebrews11:3.God is spirit and dies not have a physical body John 4:24.

The hope is in the Lord,not in our own words,not even in our own faith Psalm 33:20-22.Our faith comes from God Ephesians 2:8;Hebrews 12:2 and is not something we create for ourselves.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

It always interests me when someone says you shouldn't speak ill of someone who is annointed. How do you know if they are?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Ummm....

"At the heart of the Word of Faith movement is the belief in the "force of faith." It is believed words can be used to manipulate the faith-force, and thus actually create what they believe Scripture promises (health and wealth). Laws supposedly governing the faith-force are said to operate independently of God's sovereign will and that God Himself is subject to these laws. This is nothing short of idolatry, turning our faith—and by extension ourselves—into god.

From here, its theology just strays further and further from Scripture: it claims that God created human beings in His literal, physical image as little gods. Before the fall, humans had the potential to call things into existence by using the faith-force. After the fall, humans took on Satan's nature and lost the ability to call things into existence. In order to correct this situation, Jesus Christ gave up His divinity and became a man, died spiritually, took Satan's nature upon Himself, went to hell, was born again, and rose from the dead with God's nature. After this, Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to replicate the Incarnation in believers so they could become little gods as God had originally intended".

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/Word-Faith.html#ixzz2fhOkHwbx

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Interesting.....I think if you scrutinize any Christian denomination you can find some teachings/traditions/base tenants which can make your eyes squint.

However, if someone is anointed by GOD to gather the lost souls to Christ, not locally but on a world wide scale, who then has the authority to speak against Gods anointed?

Moses brother and sister did that in the wilderness..

Can you define anointed? I will give you an example or two. Bennie Hinn? John Hagee?

One mans anointed is another mans nightmare.....

Stick to the Word, check every word against the Word, and let the Holy Spirit lead you.

Following men will only disappoint in the the long run.