IGNORED

Is the Mark of the Beast and actual, physical mark?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/29/1971

I always feel like 'that guy' posting links to videos.  But there's tons and tons of great videos that take the Bible prophecies, especially end times, and make perfect sense of them.  Chuck Missler is a great explainer and teacher of Bible prophecy and his videos are on Youtube.

The book of Daniel is a very essential study if you are going to delve into Revelation.  Studying Daniel was one of the things that galvanized my Christian beliefs.  Daniel lays out all of human history in advance and has had a startling 100% accuracy predicting some events to the very day.

The only thing that makes sense are a physical mark of the Beast.  Either a microchip, barcode tattoo, or some new tech.  It seems obvious in hindsight of modern times.  Satan is a mimic and always presenting his perverted version of God's plan.  It will be worldwide- that seems fairly obvious.  God never minces words- when he says, NO MAN/WOMAN will be able to buy or sell without the mark, not no man except the US... 

*** Removed Video Links.  Please Read ***

Edited by OneLight

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

If Constantine is 7th “Beast” or the 1st Beast of Rev 13, He would have to have a “Mark” Can you find it? And would it have to be the “Mark” of the “Beast” that people would be deceived into taking?

only the people who's name is not written in the book of life can/will be deceived.  If you are a born again believer, you can not be snatched out of the hand of the Father, our Lord told us this.  Being deceived into taking this condemning mark would be snatching you out of the Fathers hand and this simply can not happen

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I always feel like 'that guy' posting links to videos.  But there's tons and tons of great videos that take the Bible prophecies, especially end times, and make perfect sense of them.  Chuck Missler is a great explainer and teacher of Bible prophecy and his videos are on Youtube.

The book of Daniel is a very essential study if you are going to delve into Revelation.  Studying Daniel was one of the things that galvanized my Christian beliefs.  Daniel lays out all of human history in advance and has had a startling 100% accuracy predicting some events to the very day.

The only thing that makes sense are a physical mark of the Beast.  Either a microchip, barcode tattoo, or some new tech.  It seems obvious in hindsight of modern times.  Satan is a mimic and always presenting his perverted version of God's plan.  It will be worldwide- that seems fairly obvious.  God never minces words- when he says, NO MAN/WOMAN will be able to buy or sell without the mark, not no man except the US... 

Chuck Missler-

The Coming World Leader-

Mark of the Beast-  

And if you want to really blow you socks off and strengthen your faith- Go through the entire book of Daniel with Chuck-

Daniel part 1-

Daniel part 2- 

Bless you and I hope you listen to some of these messages.

would it be too much trouble to post these video's in the video forum and get them approved and links posted in this forum. 

William you are new and may not understand that all youtube video's have to go in the video section and be approved.  there is good reasoning for this even though it is a pain in the posterior.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I am not entirely convinced by any current arguments. So a few thoughts on Rev 12 & 13.

a woman clothed with the sun ?the church.

an enormous red dragon with 7 heads 10 horns and 7 crowns on his heads. His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky. ? probably the government of red china the stars represent the earths population of which about a third live in china.

And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had 10 horns and 7 heads with 10 crowns on his horns and on each head a BLASPHEMOUS NAME. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority.One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. 

There are 7 deadly sins, the blasphemous names, the fatal wound being greed and the great depression which should have taught us a final lesson but obviously did not. So the beast could be the dark side of human nature.  The difference between the dragon and the beast seems to be 3 crowns, question is what do the heads crowns and horns represent they are obviously symbolic.

Then I saw another beast coming out of the earth............He also forced everyone..... to receive a mark........so that no-one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, WHICH IS THE NAME OF THE BEAST OR THE NUMBER OF HIS NAME.

This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight let him calculate the number of the beast, FOR IT IS MANS NUMBER. HIS NUMBER IS 666.

This seems to tell us that the beast and man are one and the same, they have the same number or that the beast is a creation of man it also tells us the the mark is the name of the beast or 666.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

Some people think the mark of the beast is not physical. What do you think and why?

I tend to think it is physical.

Exegetical reasons:

Mark - 
NT:5480
charagma (khar'-ag-mah); from the same as NT:5482; a scratch or etching, i.e. stamp (as a badge of servitude), or scupltured figure (statue):

NT:5482

charax (khar'-ax); from charasso (to sharpen to a point; akin to NT:1125 through the idea of scratching); a stake, i.e. (by implication) a palisade or rampart (military mound for circumvallation in a siege):

Rev 13:16-18
6 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand, or on their forehead, 17 and he provides that no one should be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. 
NASB

The Mark is in a physical location. Without it, one cannot buy or sell, so it must be detectable to others. It is specified as a number or a name, both of which can be made with a physical mark.

The following are just added for information, I do not see these verses as adding to nor subtracting from, the notion of a physical mark, except as already noted in the previous comment.

Rev 14:9-12

9 And another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or upon his hand, 10 he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 "And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; and they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name." 12 Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus. 
NASB

Rev 16:2

2 And the first angel went and poured out his bowl into the earth; and it became a loathsome and malignant sore upon the men who had the mark of the beast and who worshiped his image
NASB

Rev 19:20-21
20 And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone. 
NASB

Rev 20:4-5

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of the testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 
NASB

What do you all think, especially those of you who suspect it is not physical, why do you believe what you believe? Notice that worshiping the image of the beast is consistently associated with the mark?  One might almost suspect that the worship of the image is the mark, perhaps the mark is a form of worship, a rite a ritual, like baptism is associated with faith in Jesus.

What do you all think, especially those of you who suspect it is not physical, why do you believe what you believe?

I think I am going to steal candice's answer to this, after I heard hers it struck me as most reasonable after some consideration. That is, I suspect something non physical is in mind with these passages. The reason I think that makes sense is because 'forehead' and 'hand' could be associated with something like thought and deed. And also, it just doesn't make that much sense to me that a physical mark on the flesh would have that much spiritual force. On the one hand, if you sincerely confess Jesus as Lord you are saved, but on the other during the events at the end of history if you get some kind of physical marking on your body you are out? It's hard to see that easily. The only way to make it work is to add in extra stuff like "only people who are definitely not going to be saved will take the mark", but at that point, the mark being physical seems kind of pointless.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/07/1967

To the OP

I subscribe to the theology that sees the Mark more as allegorical than literal.    That's not to say there couldnot be something physical to it, like an I.D. badge or subdermal computer chip.   But the thrust of idea is about spiritual reality.   The Mark is the Satanic counterfeit of scriptural notion of verses like Deut 11:19, Proverbs 6:21, and maybe a few others.    Can those verses be taken literally?   Most definitely that is where the practice of phylacteries comes from.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

To the OP

I subscribe to the theology that sees the Mark more as allegorical than literal.    That's not to say there couldnot be something physical to it, like an I.D. badge or subdermal computer chip.   But the thrust of idea is about spiritual reality.   The Mark is the Satanic counterfeit of scriptural notion of verses like Deut 11:19, Proverbs 6:21, and maybe a few others.    Can those verses be taken literally?   Most definitely that is where the practice of phylacteries comes from.

Ah.. that is a very interesting possibility! I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of posting a couple verses

deu 11:18,19

You shall therefore lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.

You shall teach them to your children, talking of them when you are sitting in your house, and when you are walking by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.

Sign on your hand, frontlets between your eyes... certainly strong resonances of that.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/13/1953

The answer to the question 'is it world wide or locally confined' would have to be world wide.  If the requirment for salvation during the tribulationsi faith in Christ and refusal to take the mark then only a few would have to make that decision while the rest would be in limbo.  According to most theologians beheading is the path to heaven during that period.  To exclude some because they did not live in a particular region would be unfair to the rest.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

Luke 21

17 Everyone will hate you because of me. 18 But not a hair of your head will perish. 19 Stand firm, and you will win life.

20 “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city. 22 For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written. 23 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. 24 They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

25 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26 People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27 At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

29 He told them this parable: “Look at the fig tree and all the trees. 30 When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. 31 Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.

32 “Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

34 “Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you suddenly like a trap. 35 For it will come on all those who live on the face of the whole earth. 36 Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.”

Genesis 4:15

But the Lord said to him, “Not so; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over.” Then the Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him.

The “Mark of the Beast is a physical mark, it is also is a way of life and worship.

If I tell you what it is you won’t believe me, it is best you find out for yourself, but I can help.

The first thing is how you get this “Mark”. People are deceived into taking it, not forced, they take it because they think it is the right thing to do. When a person is deceived, they don’t know they are deceived. The way to keep from being deceived is to know what it is.

John 10

27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 

28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 

29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.

A true child of God cannot be deceived into accepting the Mark.