can you really whistle :o

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I think it's probably time this thread was closed.  It has really deteriorated and evolved into "I'm a better Christian than you are."

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

That usually happens when people post in the flesh.  The topic itself is a good question to ask.  I am sure there are a lot of Christians that have faced such an issue.  Where I see the trouble starting is when people stop discussing the real question and start to drill into one specific theology.  Instead of giving an answer to the OP, it has changed.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Re: the OP:

1 Corinthians 5:1-2; 6b-7; 11-13

I can hardly believe the report about the sexual immorality going on among you—something that even pagans don’t do. I am told that a man in your church is living in sin with his stepmother. You are so proud of yourselves, but you should be mourning in sorrow and shame. And you should remove this man from your fellowship.

Don’t you realize that this sin is like a little yeast that spreads through the whole batch of dough? Get rid of the old “yeast” by removing this wicked person from among you. Then you will be like a fresh batch of dough made without yeast, which is what you really are. Christ, our Passover Lamb, has been sacrificed for us. So let us celebrate the festival, not with the old bread of wickedness and evil, but with the new bread of sincerity and truth.

11 I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people. 12 It isn’t my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning. 13 God will judge those on the outside; but as the Scriptures say, “You must remove the evil person from among you.”

This woman needs to have her feet held to the fire of the truth of God's word, then set her loose and if she is truly a believer, Holy Spirit will deal with her and she will experience godly sorrow and will repent.

2 Corinthians 7:10 (NLT)

10 For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There’s no regret for that kind of sorrow. But worldly sorrow, which lacks repentance, results in spiritual death.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

That usually happens when people post in the flesh.  The topic itself is a good question to ask.  I am sure there are a lot of Christians that have faced such an issue.  Where I see the trouble starting is when people stop discussing the real question and start to drill into one specific theology.  Instead of giving an answer to the OP, it has changed.

I think it's probably time this thread was closed.  It has really deteriorated and evolved into "I'm a better Christian than you are."

Isn't it a terrible thing when that happens? Here we are suppose to all be equal brothers and sisters in Christ and it ends up turning into a competition on who knows better than who (on many threads). Imagine what the ones who aren't saved think of us when they come by here to seek truth and see us act this way. And I have to admit that I've done it myself too, posted in the flesh... I think we all need to think deep in the spirit of God before posting anything on Worthy if we want to be a good testimony for others, including myself...

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Thanks.  I was going to say that....LOL!  not really, but you are right of course.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

What do you folks think about persons such as this lady who claim to be Christians and say they are saved but continue to lead a life of sin and how would you answer them?

I think they need to be loved and shown the way.  I think that she needs better friends than Job had.  I pray that God will continue to pour out his mercy and grace in the form of love upon her through gentle instruction backed up by loving action through the hands of his people.

I was as she is.  God loved me and sent me a Paul into my life to lead by example and gently wash me in the pure water.  Today, I try not to use hyssop on others.  Peace.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/20/1942

With all of the personal attacks, etc. I am sorry I asked for advice on this thread.

However, I must say I am confused by some of the posts.

I get the impression that some individuals think the course of action a Christian should do under these circumstances is to remain silent and not say anything.  I thought that such a course of action would be giving tacit approval to living a life of sin.  I feel very sorry for this lady because I am deeply concerned about what is happening to her.  I am sure she has some concerns, too.  Otherwise, she would never have raised the subject in the first place.  

I thought I had three courses of action when she raised the issue.

1. I could remain silent and perhaps change the subject.  

2. I could say the Jesus loved her and would forgive her no matter what she did and whether or not she had petenance.  

3. Or I could tell her I thought she was making a serious mistake and that she should ask God for forgiveness, repent, and mend her ways.  I chose the last course of action but wondered what else I could say to her so that she would change the direction of her life.  

Edited by GoldenEagle
<<< Good post. Listing the options 1, 2, 3. >>>

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

With all of the personal attacks, etc. I am sorry I asked for advice on this thread.

I get the impression that some individuals think the course of action a Christian should do under these circumstances is to remain silent and not say anything.  I thought that such a course of action would be giving tacit approval to living a life of sin.  I feel very sorry for this lady because I am deeply concerned about what is happening to her.  I am sure she has some concerns, too.  Otherwise, she would never have raised the subject in the first place.  

2. I could say the Jesus loved her and would forgive her no matter what she did and whether or not she had petenance.  

3. Or I could tell her I thought she was making a serious mistake and that she should ask God for forgiveness, repent, and mend her ways.  I chose the last course of action but wondered what else I could say to her so that she would change the direction of her life.  

There really is nothing you could say that would cause this woman to change course; you can only point her towards God and let Him do the rest. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

I hope that my post didn't appear as if I was talking against your thread, but just in case you thought so I was talking about the disputes between Christians on here. God bless...