IGNORED

Location of Real Mt.Sinai and Red Sea Crossing?

BibleBoy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

What saith Charlton Heston about all of this? :):whistling::P

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

It is certainly very interesting and I enjoy hearing about new ideas and discoveries related to Biblical History and Archaeology...BUT...I am in no ways convinced by the findings or the arguments put forward almost as if they were indisputable. I think Ron Wyatt used to enjoy pursuing these sorts of controversies but I remember that for me he used to pose more questions than answers.

Here is a good link that helps act as a counter-balance to what has been proposed as the newly discovered site of Mt Sinai in Saudi Arabia...and the site of the Red Sea crossing.... http://www.ldolphin.org/sinai.html I find that the author is an open sort of a guy with an inquiring mind and is willing to accept fresh evidence but not at any cost.

To pick up one small point...the idea that the top of Mt Sinai would be scorched because of the burning presence of the L-rd ....is not necessarily true. When the L-rd appeared to Moses in the burning bush it was not consumed...and as far as I understand it there is never the impression of intense heat in the presence of G-d.

Giving this a wee "bump"...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Another bit of Exodus fun: Is it perhaps possible that the Hebrew translated 'thousand' in the numbering of the people originally meant 'family'? If you recount the numbers bearing that in mind, you get a figure of about 30,000 or 35,000, which seems a more reasonable number for logistical purposes...........

Its a possibility Leonard...the traditional figures for the population of the Israelites that is bandied around is approx 2,000,000 that left Egypt...and considering the topography of the Sinai peninsular and especially the area around the supposed site of present day Mt Sinai this is logistically impossible. I am not convinced either way...not regarding the pop. figures nor the location of Mt Sinai...but in lieu of more substantial evidence I hold lightly the traditional findings until they are superceded by irrefutable evidence....but like you say there is a great deal of fun/enjoyment/revelation to be had in Exodus and inspired guess work can often hint at some deeper truths.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I reccomend a book that based on Ron Wyatt's observations heavily concetrates on Genesis 11:27-Exodus 40 and archaelogical finds. It's called The Exodus Case. http://www.prophecyinthenews.com/exodus.htm [Also the link talks about a video called The Exodus Revealed.

How could Moses hide in the Sinai Pensinula if the Egyptians guarded the Sinai Penisula so heavily becaus of is gold or silver?

The Holy Bible keeps saying the Israelites ''went out of Egypt'' and when Jethro's daugters report Moses to their father he's called ''an Egyptian'' and the Sinai Penisula is part of Egypt.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Hasn't Ron Wyatt been proven to be a fraud? I did a search on him once, and I believe the consensus was that he fabricated a lot of his research findings.

warm regards

-bud

Guest shiloh357
Hasn't Ron Wyatt been proven to be a fraud? I did a search on him once, and I believe the consensus was that he fabricated a lot of his research findings.

warm regards

-bud

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, he would always make astounding claims, but was unable to provide enough evidence to satisfy the archeological community.

I don't know about Ron Wyatt... think of the other people who found stuff at Jabal Al Lawz [Mt.Sinai]. I need a link to find out about Ron Wyatt.

Is Ron Wyatt a Seventh-Day Adventist?