LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Does God want us to have a happy life? Does he really care when we are unhappy?

:thumbsup:

Yes

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11

Yes,

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

I Believe So

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And You?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

I do believe that God is more concerned with our condition than our comfort, and the more important thing to Him would be our eternal joy rather than our temporary happiness.  If our condition is self, flesh and spiritual slumber, then how can we truly enjoy His life, which he gives in abundance?  Our present responses to our present circumstances will affect our growth in Christ, and He works all things together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purposes. 

God is after our joy, definitely.  He inhabits the praises of His people.  And in His presence there is fullness of joy.  So praise Him.  Let's be filled with His joy, because as much as we delight in Him, He delights in us all the more.

Praise God!  God bless you, and give you His eternal joy...

:hurrah:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  545
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Amen Zion  :mgcheerful:  Our walk is in the spirit not the flesh.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

Yes,he loves us very much and does care if we as Christians are unhappy.Sometimes the choices we make come with consequences.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Good answer Zion...

I believe it is more important to come to a position where being happy is not our chief concern, but being content in every situation

because of knowing the ways of G-d and living by faith is of paramount importance and is an active demonstration of the hope

that is in us through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit...out of this comes our inner joy and peace which should be evident in the

way we live and conduct ourselves.

In so many words I think 'being happy' is a worldly pursuit and is a transient state of being...what G-d offers doesn't just scratch

the surface, but permeates our whole being.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

hmmm...interesting question....I have asked it myself....we bring on so much of our own grief and some of us seem to get more than our fair share that is a result of the fallout from

the sins of others...that is, being sinned against PLUS our own sins.

What I personally ask for more than anything else is simply.....peace.  Only God can give the peace I want and need and only God can give us His joy which is vastly different

from any happiness we may gain.

However, you can be happy when you have the joy the Lord provides and the peace He alone can give in your soul and in your spirit.

Believe me, I struggle plenty on this one...I only know one answer.   :th_praying:

Here are some verses that kind of pertain to your op:

You will show me the path of life;

In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.  Psalm 16:11

Great peace have those who love Your law,
And nothing causes them to stumble.  Psalm 119: 165

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.  Phil 4:  11-13

Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”  Nehemiah 8:10

Yes...God is concerned and He does care about our emotional needs.  He cares so very much, that He tells us that He even knows when a little sparrow

falls to the ground and He knows how many hairs we have on our heads.

That indicates to me that God cares very much.  We do not suffer because God is an ogre.  We suffer because we live in a fallen world and every

reason that is connected to that fact.

I think God is as concerned with the outside as He is with the inside...He made them both...however, one will perish so it is better to invest more

in the one that will live on

Hope that helps abit.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

It's not about emotions. God loves us when we are angry, sad, happy, moody, manic,boring, and joyful.

Did Paul have a happy life? Probably not. Did David express his emotions? All the time.

I think that often we expect God to give us a happy life as a "reward" for our faith. Many preachers teach this lie as well.

When the Word says "all things work to the good", I don't think it is talking about "good-ies", it is talking about our eternal place in His Kingdom.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

It's not about emotions. God loves us when we are angry, sad, happy, moody, manic,boring, and joyful.

Did Paul have a happy life? Probably not. Did David express his emotions? All the time.

I think that often we expect God to give us a happy life as a "reward" for our faith. Many preachers teach this lie as well.

When the Word says "all things work to the good", I don't think it is talking about "good-ies", it is talking about our eternal place in His Kingdom.

Much agreed, brother!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Good answer Zion...

I believe it is more important to come to a position where being happy is not our chief concern, but being content in every situation

because of knowing the ways of G-d and living by faith is of paramount importance and is an active demonstration of the hope

that is in us through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit...out of this comes our inner joy and peace which should be evident in the

way we live and conduct ourselves.

In so many words I think 'being happy' is a worldly pursuit and is a transient state of being...what G-d offers doesn't just scratch

the surface, but permeates our whole being.

I couldn't agree more...We have to have help to overcome all that the desires of the flesh; the world and the pride of life have put in us already...that we were blind to. The indwelling Holy Spirit enables us to live the Christian Life...makes us new...enables us to see The Truth...

God is so much deeper and better than what the world gives...The world gives temporary fixes-"on to the next thing that will hopefully make me happy". With Seeking God and His Righteousness; Joy is possible and lasting; if we don't faint and give up...and besides that I'm not searching anymore; running to and fro...Nope, Found The Way, The Truth and The Life...I Love You, Jesus...and Need You!!!