• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I honestly look at my country(USA) and have to say I feel we are on a one way train wreck to hell. I cannot see anything improving for our future generations(our own children, grandchildren ect.) this grieves my soul, as I grew up in a time of hope and neighbors who looked after(and disciplined) all children. Now we live in fear of Lawsuits for just about anything.Our leadership and direction is controlled mostly by Lawyers and full time Politicians.  Lawyers make up the Judicial branch, Currently a lawyer runs the executive, and by far our senate, house and their staff is comprised of lawyers. These two groups rank right up there with used car salesmen for honesty and integrity. If we don't like or trust our government why should the rest of the world? These two groups seem hell bent on purging God, his commandments, morality, words, and works from existence. Lawyers seem to think their work = Truth is for sell--> get away with murder if ya have the $$$   -- Politicians divide us by convincing many the greatest of enemies and problems are _> the opposing party... herding us around like lost sheep and diverting attention from important issues.

I am not judging individuals here ... just saying I feel as though the USA has been hi-jacked by a bunch of greedy tyrants that over the years have corrupted us beyond repair. God alone can free us ... and I pray earnestly for the second coming.                                                                                           Perhaps this is one reason Jesus said " Woe to the Lawyers " .  If nothing else I can hope other nations will learn from our certain downfall ...

Would like your opinions

I'm hoping that the accelerated fall of the U.S.A. is merely a means of taking away the United States as a superpower and not as a way of destroying the U.S. altogether.

In order for end times prophecy to come about, Israel has to be on her own, protected by no other nation and assisted by no other nation, that way God can take all the credit for protecting her.

The United States as Israel's oldest and strongest defender has to be weakened both economically and militarily. The U.S. can still recover and get back on the right moral track, but needs to be seriously disempowered first. This is what is happening now. Evil is being allowed to control the nation for a temporary period, but I'm still confident that Americans will eventually take their country back, but only at the expense of never again having that World status that she once had!

Take heart. The U.S.A. is not finished yet but expect an economic and moral war that will result in a serious downsizing on the World stage.

So, you are saying you wish the US to fall from its current world status in order for prophecy to be fulfilled?  What do you suppose the repercussions of that might be, apart from prophecy that is?

I'm just wondering how you see this...and BTW, I'm not American, so I'm not taking offense either 

I definitely do not want the U;S.A. to fall from its current World status. The West needs America. I actually love America, even though I'm British. But unfortunately, I see it happening. What Obama is doing is almost irreversible and there are far too many Americans that have turned away from God.

When I said that I was hoping that the accelerated fall of the U.S.A. is merely a means of taking away the U.S. as a superpower, I meant that I was hoping that, rather than the complete collapse of the nation into chaos or tyranny.

Guest shiloh357

I honestly look at my country(USA) and have to say I feel we are on a one way train wreck to hell. I cannot see anything improving for our future generations(our own children, grandchildren ect.) this grieves my soul, as I grew up in a time of hope and neighbors who looked after(and disciplined) all children. Now we live in fear of Lawsuits for just about anything.Our leadership and direction is controlled mostly by Lawyers and full time Politicians.  Lawyers make up the Judicial branch, Currently a lawyer runs the executive, and by far our senate, house and their staff is comprised of lawyers. These two groups rank right up there with used car salesmen for honesty and integrity. If we don't like or trust our government why should the rest of the world? These two groups seem hell bent on purging God, his commandments, morality, words, and works from existence. Lawyers seem to think their work = Truth is for sell--> get away with murder if ya have the $$$   -- Politicians divide us by convincing many the greatest of enemies and problems are _> the opposing party... herding us around like lost sheep and diverting attention from important issues.

I am not judging individuals here ... just saying I feel as though the USA has been hi-jacked by a bunch of greedy tyrants that over the years have corrupted us beyond repair. God alone can free us ... and I pray earnestly for the second coming.                                                                                           Perhaps this is one reason Jesus said " Woe to the Lawyers " .  If nothing else I can hope other nations will learn from our certain downfall ...

Would like your opinions

I couldn't agree more.  It seems that most in the US don't care about how their country is run so long as their pocket-book isn't affected by what is going on.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,167
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I couldn't agree more.  It seems that most in the US don't care about how their country is run so long as their pocket-book isn't affected by what is going on.

i don't think you can say that about people in Oklahoma.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

I honestly look at my country(USA) and have to say I feel we are on a one way train wreck to hell. I cannot see anything improving for our future generations(our own children, grandchildren ect.) this grieves my soul, as I grew up in a time of hope and neighbors who looked after(and disciplined) all children. Now we live in fear of Lawsuits for just about anything.Our leadership and direction is controlled mostly by Lawyers and full time Politicians.  Lawyers make up the Judicial branch, Currently a lawyer runs the executive, and by far our senate, house and their staff is comprised of lawyers ...

Ironic that the one profession most responsible for founding this nation -- in response to England's tax on all colonial legal paperwork -- are now guilty of destroying its own creation.

Newspaper editors also helped fuel the American Revolution by the printing press, but look what's become of printed news today!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/29/1971

Would like your opinions

I can remember being in Alaska when I was a boy.(My dad was in the Airforce) Before school everyday, someone would come over the intercom and say the pledge and a prayer. You don't get that today. God has been removed from the Schools and he is slowly being removed from other parts of everyday life. The US Military is now not wanting Christians to not share their faith. God is not wanted by part of the people in this country and the ones that do want God in this country need to start making some noise about it.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

That can never happen, so I don't concern myself with what politicians do. The truth of the Gospel resides within the heart of the true believers and try as they might, man cannot touch it. 

I agree with you ... my real point is simple - nations who's leaders turn away from God and his ways.... as was the case with Israel so many times in the past ... receiving harsh condemnation. Maybe our harsh punishment is coming and a part of God's plan.

In scripture, the term usually translated as nation in Hebrew is Goy, which means a people group/Ethnic group and not a country. Israel is an ethnic group, and God dealth with the ethnic group. Israel was chosen as an ethnic group, descendents of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. God gave the nation/children of Israel land, called the land of Israel. The chosenness was to the people group, and not based on the land. When in Egypt, Israel was still a chosen nation.

Unlike Israel, the U.S. is not made up of an ethnic group, but instead is a country, not a nation by biblical terminology. The U.S. like any other country, is used by God for His purposes, positive and negative, but is not a chosen nation or chosen country. So, a comparison to Israel is not accurate.

A country can not surrender the truth as it is only a political entity. People, individuals, can surrender the truth, assuming they at one time had the truth.

In scripture, the Roman empire was anything but faithful to God when Jesus came. They were worshipping pagan gods, and were very corrupt, including abusing Israel. Despite the condition of the country, the gospel went out and flourished.

In my opinion, the greatness of the U.S. started with freedom of religion. That meant that people of all religions were free to worship anyway they chose, and in the case of Christianity, they were free to share the gospel. The second greatest was the concept of a democracy was based on peoples rights. In the minds of the U.S. people, we had freedom, and there were limits to how oppressive the majority could be to the minority. There were certain rights for all people that the majority could not take away from the minority. (Of course this had to be worked out over and over with civil rights, both to the Black population, the Native American population, the Oriental population, and even the Irish Catholics, etc). It was the oppressive nature of foreign governments which if it went too far against their own people also caused the U.S. to take action, or an overly aggressive nation.

Again, the U.S. is purely a political entity. Not a religious entity. What has happened? Selfishness. While there were limits on what one person could do to another, now, rather then seeing the rights which give freedom as something to be protected for all people, people are fighting for their own rights and not the rights of others.   

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1

I believe you are correct and this is why:

The US is governed by a group of select people, who had to work really hard at winning the Elections, being it either governers, presidents, etc. The problem is that

usually these people are part of a party (democratic, republican, etc). The problem with this system is that when you join a party, the whole party expects you to support it.

When I say support it, I mean if one republican says he wants to pass this bill, you actually have to vote for it to pass even if you dislike it. I mean you dont have to do it,

but the chances of you being reelected are a bit harder, and usually when you get in your party in the beginning, this is one of the things your expected of.

The other problem is the private interest groups. Who funds campaigns? Private companies like petrol/gas companys, and asfalt companies. A good example is how in many countries (US included) there are still roads build in asfalt, even though they are much less durable than concrete roads. Also, even though the initial cost of asfalt is lower, the maintanance of asfalt roads is much much muchhhh higher, costing the government a lot more money in the long run. So anywhere where you see asfalt roads, it was a bad decision because it will be a worse quality road and it will cost a lot more altogether. But that decision is often made because Governments make ROADS, and companies help elected officials get elected with the condition that they contract asfalt companies to build their roads....

I got a bit carried away haha, but the point is that the people we trust our country to have the function of looking for the best possible outcome for all of us under Gods eyes. The decisions they make are not in the countries best interest but rather in the web of conditions they agreed to take just so that they get into office.

Hope you guys like my post :),

Sara

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

The US is governed by a group of select people, who had to work really hard at winning the Elections, being it either governers, presidents, etc. The problem is that

usually these people are part of a party (democratic, republican, etc). The problem with this system is that when you join a party, the whole party expects you to support it.

When I say support it, I mean if one republican says he wants to pass this bill, you actually have to vote for it to pass even if you dislike it. I mean you dont have to do it,

but the chances of you being reelected are a bit harder, and usually when you get in your party in the beginning, this is one of the things your expected of.

The other problem is the private interest groups. Who funds campaigns? Private companies like petrol/gas companys, and asfalt companies. A good example is how in many countries (US included) there are still roads build in asfalt, even though they are much less durable than concrete roads. Also, even though the initial cost of asfalt is lower, the maintanance of asfalt roads is much much muchhhh higher, costing the government a lot more money in the long run. So anywhere where you see asfalt roads, it was a bad decision because it will be a worse quality road and it will cost a lot more altogether. But that decision is often made because Governments make ROADS, and companies help elected officials get elected with the condition that they contract asfalt companies to build their roads....

I got a bit carried away haha, but the point is that the people we trust our country to have the function of looking for the best possible outcome for all of us under Gods eyes. The decisions they make are not in the countries best interest but rather in the web of conditions they agreed to take just so that they get into office.

Sara

Welcome to the forums Sara, you are going to get a vast array of answers to most posts, such is the way of Worthy! Enjoy, and remember that we try and debate the point not the person.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1

Sara

Welcome to the forums Sara, you are going to get a vast array of answers to most posts, such is the way of Worthy! Enjoy, and remember that we try and debate the point not the person.

Thank you for having me! :)

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Sara

Just a real quick disagreement. Asphalt is far superior in colder climates. Concrete is far superior in milder to hot climates.

Asphalt in a hot climate gets sticky which is an issue, and requires more maintenance. Concrete does not have that issue, and while more expensive, also has a much longer lifespan with less maintenance. 

Concrete in a cold climate breaks down due to salt to clear roads of a lot of snow or ice, Also, colder climates causes the ground to freeze deeper.  Frost heaves develop, which causes the ground to raise up in spots. Under concrete roads, this causes the concrete roads to break apart and crack, so the roads lifespan is considerably shorter. Concrete costs a lot more and has a much shorter lifespan in cold climates, so that asphalt is actually more durable and cost effective.

I agree with you concerning the pressure of the party system. Years ago, I ran for a very minor town office. That year, that particular office became a political battle ground for power although normally, party affiliation is not even mentioned or cared about for that office. Because of the political hotbed, I had the area Republican party official highly active in discussions with me. Even at a low level office at a town level, I quickly found that the party expected a dedication which was beyond what I was willing to do, as I needed to comprimise to much. (I was expected to come out to support the Republican candidates at the state level. Some, I did not agree with but I was expected to support them and appear in support with them). I was expected to play the party line, etc etc etc. All to get fellow party members elected and party agendas passed. I dropped out of the race. I could not in good conscience do what I was required to do.