IGNORED

Blood moon?

~esther~

The closest possible occurence of a Solar and Lunar eclipse is 14 days, based on the orbit of the moon.

This happens twice in 2015 -

Mar 20 - total solar eclipse - April 14 Passover - Red Moon

Sept 13 - partial solar eclipse - Sept 28 - Feast of Tabernacles - Red Moon

sun is turned to darkness and the moon will not give its light  -  the moon Cannot give its light during a solar eclipse, it is blocking the sun upon its 'new moon'

The red moon is due to the earths shadow on the moon

Ok this is interesting I didn't know about the 14 day ( natural ) limit this is logical.  It seems the March 20 total eclipse will only be ultimate  (?) in northern Europe ( not in Jerusalem ) which is Nebula's concern.

Another interesting piece of information.

At the end of its path, the shadow of the Moon rises from the Earth's surface to space at the north pole. As March 20 is the Northward equinox, the eclipse occurs as the Sun rises at the north pole for the first time in six months, ending the winter polar night.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks all. It's been really helpful. :thumbsup:  Interesting subject. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

The closest possible occurence of a Solar and Lunar eclipse is 14 days, based on the orbit of the moon.

This happens twice in 2015 -

Mar 20 - total solar eclipse - April 14 Passover - Red Moon

Sept 13 - partial solar eclipse - Sept 28 - Feast of Tabernacles - Red Moon

sun is turned to darkness and the moon will not give its light  -  the moon Cannot give its light during a solar eclipse, it is blocking the sun upon its 'new moon'

The red moon is due to the earths shadow on the moon

Ok this is interesting I didn't know about the 14 day ( natural ) limit this is logical.  It seems the March 20 total eclipse will only be ultimate  (?) in northern Europe ( not in Jerusalem ) which is Nebula's concern.

Another interesting piece of information.

At the end of its path, the shadow of the Moon rises from the Earth's surface to space at the north pole. As March 20 is the Northward equinox, the eclipse occurs as the Sun rises at the north pole for the first time in six months, ending the winter polar night.

And...its on a Friday,,its not in winter, and it is not on a sabbath.

And...its on a Friday,,its not in winter, and it is not on a sabbath.

Yes; but as previously mentioned it may be a precursor not the Parousia. ie the "day" of the Lord may imply a period of time culminating in the Parousia. More specifically the astronomical signs occur before the day of the Lord.

What do you think ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

agreed - i do not think this is 'it' (parousia nor the flight - pray that your flight be not in winter nor on the sabbath), but an interesting note on how God has all things in His control and does not need supernatural/bizarre events to fulfill His word.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

all I can say is according to the bible the sun going dark and the moon turning red and these events are the true prophesied events that are forerunners of the return of Christ

we clearly see these must be conjunction with a "GREAT EARTHQUAKE" Rev. 6:12

the earthquake happens first!

which is followed by the sun and moon events that are also followed by the stars falling to the earth

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/01/1964

John Hagee has a sermon its 3 parts long about the 4 blood moons

he also states these are not his predictions but Nasa and what Gods Word is saying

yes very possibly  - in Israel the Moon Eclipse is a sign to Israel

if you google it it will explain as far back as 500 years the things that took place with the Jews

returning to their home land , and each important event they had a eclipsed moon !

the Eclipsed Sun is a Sign to the World - a Sign of Distress and Warning .

I love How John Hagee said   " When God uses the heavens and Stars the are like ( signs ) Jewish for Signals

in His heavens shouting on HIS billbord  Pay Attention "

Just as he sent the Star to settle over the baby Jesus on that special day

it was a Signal ( sign ) to the world Something BIG is Happening

and it was ;) the Savior was born ;)

Hagee puts it so well

God is sending a signal to Earth

but are we picking it up ?"

He looks right at the tv and tells the news casters and those he knows will dare say

" John hagee said the Lord is coming back on these days "

and he corrects them and says  " let me make this clear for mainstreem media  cause i know as sure a God made little green apples

someone is going to say this on the news

" this is not my predicition it is Nasa's and GODS "

and says Thank you , with a smile ;)

The full program is on u tube i have watched it 4 times its great

God bless

:halo:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Esther:

Is this another false false teaching/hype or is it worth the read and is there truth in it?

I think this is the real thing.

Hindsfeet: 

But to pinpoint the return of Christ based on this is a bit excessive.

If you could pinpoint the season where the "Time of The End" begins, that prophetic time period will end with The Parousia. 

ninhao:

I think it's likely these things happen over a number of days.

I think you are right. The number of days is the key.

Kwik:

I do believe that on that Great & Terrible Day that the Lord comes the sun darkening & the moon turning blood will be a supernatural event that has never been seen before whether it happens in one day of a number of days

This is what I used to think. 

nebula:

Then what would make these two events unique?

The sun and the moon are about to carve out a number of days that is very unique.

ninhao:

Their uniqueness may simply be that they all precede the Lord's return in a peculiar time period.

A peculiar time period? I wonder what time period this could be? If a peculiar time period could be Biblically defined then we could go looking for solar/lunar events to frame it in.

bopeep1909:

References to a moon like "blood" are found in two passages Joel 2:30-31 and Revelation 6:12.

A blood moon is just the moon in eclipse. It doesn't give off too much light: 

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, 

and the moon will not give its light

ninhao:

a period of time culminating in the Parousia

I think that right now we may be able to know what could not be known a few years ago.

Micheal Westin:

the earthquake happens first!
which is followed by the sun and moon events that are also followed by the stars falling to the earth

I count three earthquakes in a peculiar time period. I think the quakes are a late indicator.

YeshuasPrincess:

John Hagee has a sermon its 3 parts long about the 4 blood moons

I watched it too. I understand he also wrote a book about it.

That's all I can think to say about that.

I am afraid that The Time of The End is soon to begin. I believe that uncommon information can be found by common people (the elect). We are hindered by doctors of theology and evangelists. Many Christians are busy watching for the signs given by Hal, Hagee and Lahaye. We are about to be blind sided by The Great Tribulation because we missed the signs from The Holy Text. In Hagee's video he quoted this from Joel 2:30:

“And I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke.

He immediately concluded: "Now this describes a war on the ground". I would suggest that

Mr. Hagee has not yet seen God's wrath break out. 

I think now would be a good time to get Holy fast. Remove sin far from your house. Remember The Sabbath to keep it Holy. Just do all you know how to get walking in every way of The Lord.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

the thread sparked my interests so i got the kindle version of pastor Hagee's book and watched the two hour video......  it's very compelling information....     however I might  add as brother Haggee says, this is speaking of history and things happening to Israel not necessarily the end of the world.   If these are a sign, it appears from history that the world is about to fundamentally change....  end or not.

He also makes enough of an argument to make me wonder about a pre trib rapture.  If there is a pre trib rapture we better keep our wings preened cause we may well be getting ready for flight.  if you are a virgin, it's time to get some extra oil.

from my viewpoint it looks to me like God Almighty is about to get involved with Israel's defense in a very personal way.  whether we fly away or are here to witness things, it appears that the world is about to become a very interesting place.

but we must keep in mind that the history of the blood moons doesn't define anything specific that might happen, just that historically during these times very important things have happened to Israel.  if those things were just a coincidence then the coincidence is way beyond remarkable.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,588
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, all.

While this is ... interesting, it is important that we remember this is not that uncommon. First of all, ALL of Isra'el's holy days and ritual celebrations are keyed to the monthly cycle. Their "month" is a TRUE "moonth!" It follows the natural 29.5-day period of the moon's revolution around the earth (the synodic month, not the sidereal month). That's why their calendar has alternating months of 29 days and 30 days. In fact, if for some reason the sighting of the first sliver of a new moon was hindered, either by weather or smoke, the ro'sh chodesh (new moon) might be delayed by a day!

Since all of Isra'el's holy days are either on the new moon or the full moon, it's not unusual for them to exist on a solar or lunar eclipse, since solar eclipses always have to happen on a new moon and lunar eclipses always have to happen on a full moon. That's why the darkness over the earth on the day that Yeshua` (Jesus) died could NOT have been caused by a solar eclipse! It was the time of Passover or Pesach, which ALWAYS occurs on the 14th or 15th of the month Nisan, halfway between new moons or on a full moon. A full moon could have a LUNAR eclipse but NEVER a solar eclipse!

Thus, it might be interesting, but hardly surprising. In fact, it would be MORE surprising if a solar or lunar eclipse in the right month DIDN'T occur on one of their holidays! If that were to occur, THEN we'd have a mystery!

For BOTH eclipses to happen at the same time, we would have to have a THIRD "heavenly body" in play! We would either have to have a third object blocking the sun while the earth is blocking the moon (a conversion during a lunar eclipse), or the third object blocking both, such as the head of a comet blocking the sun while its tail blocks our view of the moon. That's NOT an impossible "near miss" scenario! Indeed, such a scenario would also suggest that we were passing THROUGH the debris of the comet's tail, which would be a VERY active meteor shower with the larger chunks of debris failing to disintegrate in the earth's atmosphere - the stars of the sky falling to the earth! My vivid imagination tends to favor this scenario (if you haven't already figured that out). LOL!