Budman

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Do you believe that Christ will come back in our lifetime? Or do you think in will be during your childrens generation? Or you grandchildrens? Or great-grandchildrens? Or even later?

Just curious.

warm regards

-bud

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Thanksgiving is now called lucky day, last night I twice saw a commercial for American Express that openly portrayed Ellen DeGeneres' lesbian relationships, and a teacher is not allowed to show the declaration of independence in his classroom because horror of horrors it happens to mention the Lord in it.

It will be in my lifetime I think. This stuff would not have been accepted a couple of years ago. The changes will be fast, sin will be far more rampant than it is now.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I'm ready to go whenever He's ready to come get me whether I'm dead in the grave or caught up with him in the air!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Do you believe that Christ will come back in our lifetime? Or do you think in will be during your childrens generation? Or you grandchildrens? Or great-grandchildrens? Or even later?

Greetings Budman,

Mt. 24 appears to indicate that the "generation" that sees Israel re-established in the land of their Fathers, that that generation shall not pass away until all things spoken of in Mt. 24 come to pass. I was born in 1945 and Israel was re-established in '47, so I am looking forward to seeing all those things come to pass including being resurrected or caught up to be with the Lord in the rapture.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/15/1982

Also says that Jesus won't come 'til his word is spoken 'to every ear,' we are just now getting the Word through missionaries to those obscure tribes in africa and the like, i want to be the one to tell the last person on earth who hasn't heard it, then sit down and watch the skies.

crabs

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Also says that Jesus won't come 'til his word is spoken 'to every ear,' we are just now getting the Word through missionaries to those obscure tribes in africa and the like, i want to be the one to tell the last person on earth who hasn't heard it, then sit down and watch the skies.

Greetings Crab,

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

From the cross forward, the "great commission" has been going forth, the Gospel is shown in many places in the NT to have ALREADY gone out to the WHOLE world. That is all this verse is saying that UNTIL THE VERY END this Gospel shall be preached. I can tell you WHY this is so, it is because a Christian, who TRULY believes in Christ CANNOT HELP HIMSELF but to let that "light" shine, even in the darkness. It just gushes up from deep inside that person. If this does not happen, if someone shies away from speaking the Word, sharing Christ, and generally "letting their light shine", I question that person's salvation.

Here is the verse you should consider if you want a verse to tell you "when to look up":

Luke 21:27-28 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Nothing is said in the context here of "preaching the Gospel to the ends of the earth."

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Thank-you all for the replies! I too believe that we are the generation that will see the return of our Lord! :D

warm regards

-bud

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,169
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Are you all REALLY so eager to die?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not too thrilled with the actual giving up the ghost part, or the pain usually involved just prior to.... but being dead to this world means being with Christ, and that is what many of us live for.

Are we eager to be with the Lord????? you bet we are. Do we want to go through the death process...... not looking forward to that part itself, but if you have to cross the road to get to the other side...... you cross the road wether or not you fear the traffic.

If you don't want to cross the road, you put it off until the last possible second. You don't stand there hoping a car will slam into you from behind and punt you over the road.