• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1957

** Sorry for the title typo should be this not is... cannot edit I reckon**

With all the back and forth concerning church, I thought I would give pause to thank God and those that participate and maintain this site. I want to share some of the reasons for my preferring this vs. the average church in hope you will know my thanks is sincere and appreciated:

1.) I cant be judged by appearance --- only my words

2.) I can come here anytime, any day

3.) I can seek or say what I want, when I want

4.) No one will put an offering plate before me nay, the only thing offered here is a gathering of seekers, helpers, and words for all to discern for themselves --- a non-tainted purity I enjoy

5.) No one will tell me this is what We believe, so if you want to be a part of this church so should you believe or do

6.) I don't have to fake sing, as I sound like Herman Munster and wouldn't want to offend any that God has blessed with a good singing voice

7.) Its easier to keep my tongue in check, as I more carefully weigh the words I write ( Its no coincidence to me that a very large part of the NT is letters to others ) I bet those that wrote those letters could not have imagined there future impact...maybe some of the words shared by us here will have impact beyond what we imagine!!

8.) I don't have to listen to a long winded sermon, that I cannot even raise my hand and ask a question if I have one, or feel bad for the poor fellow who has fallen asleep in front of me

9.) I don't have to feel guilt in knowing most of the money I give does not go to the needy --- I don't know when or how this changed but, I believe the money Jesus collected during his ministry mostly went directly to the poor, or needy (except what Judas stole)

10.) No one will compel me to pray,,,>>for me if its not heart felt,sincere and even off by ourselves in our own closet... it is deceitful and not heard .

I know my repentance or prayers have been accepted when they are accompanied with my tears(more goodness comes upon me than my flesh can handle... and God overflows my cup for the cleansing, comforting, and joy of my soul.

I think best and most powerful verse in the Bible is also the shortest "Jesus wept"

11.) I don't have to worry about getting caught up in any gossip, which seems to be a common practice in many congregations

These are some of the reasons I thank God for you all and this forum....

Edited by bfloydo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

I totally understand your feelings about this, bfloydo, because I echo many of your sentiments. And welcome to Worthy!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

** Sorry for the title typo should be this not is... cannot edit I reckon**

With all the back and forth concerning church, I thought I would give pause to thank God and those that participate and maintain this site. I want to share some of the reasons for my preferring this vs. the average church in hope you will know my thanks is sincere and appreciated:

These are some of the reasons I thank God for you all and this forum....

I couldn't agree more with you, this is a fellowship of believers, and where two or more are gathered in His name Jesus is here with us

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Days Won:  22

What is actually happening, is that Christians are becoming weaker and behaving like spoiled children.

Does it matter if you do not want to participate in a church with other believers?  Why should it concern you?  

Does it matter if you do not want to participate in a church with other believers?  Why should it concern you?  

Yeah, I suppose you're right. Never mind. 

As you say.  

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Hi Bfloydo, I do understand your feelings; it's hard to find somewhere to call home sometimes.  My prayer is that you can find at least one person that you can be with face to face who you can go to with questions, allow feedback from and grow in faith.  It's hard to find someone who can love as unconditionally, especially as Christ does!  And I'm afraid even here, because we don't have to deal with faces, you can find people are much more comfortable enjoying the fact that they'd rather be right at all costs despite others' feelings, rather than gracious and understanding, and bearing the fruits of love.

But by this they will know that we are Christ's disciples - that we love each other!  Don't forget: however hard others may make it, show Christ to them, and a good example of love. 

Find someone you can be with face to face.  This is a lonely walk if we walk it alone, and human beings were never meant to be alone.  We have the Holy Spirit in us - yes!  But He wants us to share Him with others.  Face to face.

Be blessed! :)

Z