IGNORED

Dave Ramsey on Obamacare (Affordable Care Act)

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I hate to have to tell you all, but this article is quoting HR3200 which is not the affordable health care bill.  and to boot if you look up the existing law that this bill that didn't pass, you'll find that this serialized implants are speaking of pacemakers and such.   the only reason it seems vague is that the people writing this article simply didn't bother to do proper research   most of the rest of the article is not valad either.

and yes i did read the bill and every existing law that the bill would have changed...   it took 4 and a half weeks  4 to 5 hours a day.......   and it is much better than the atrocity that came out of the senate.

and if it had not been for articles like this we wouldn't be in the mess we're in today.

the senate should never be allowed to write bills.

If you watch the video that is embedded in the article I linked above, starting at about 1:55 minutes in, it says that there were plenty of revisions of this law.  But the one that was signed by Obama and upheld by Chief Justice John Roberts was H.R. 4872 - Reconciliation Act of 2010.  It was left very vague about implants, and I saw nothing about pacemakers. 

because you didn't look at the FDA laws that it changed.   almost all of this act is updating existing laws and if you don't look to see what is being changed you can't possibly understand the law.

don't get me wrong, the affordable healthcare act is very bad, but not for reasons stated here

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something The Government (IMO) May Not Know

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalms 23:1

For I Will Rejoice

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1

In Jesus

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Something The Government (IMO) May Not Know

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalms 23:1

For I Will Rejoice

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1

In Jesus

Amen!

I hate to have to tell you all, but this article is quoting HR3200 which is not the affordable health care bill.  and to boot if you look up the existing law that this bill that didn't pass, you'll find that this serialized implants are speaking of pacemakers and such.   the only reason it seems vague is that the people writing this article simply didn't bother to do proper research   most of the rest of the article is not valad either.

and yes i did read the bill and every existing law that the bill would have changed...   it took 4 and a half weeks  4 to 5 hours a day.......   and it is much better than the atrocity that came out of the senate.

and if it had not been for articles like this we wouldn't be in the mess we're in today.

Interesting Other One.

Yeah after reading the article and watching some of the video's I don't think it's really see this as a serious issue - implants.

But back to the OP which talks about AHA, basic math, and insurance premiums... ;)

"You’re not exempt from math if you’re a Republican, and you’re not exempt from math if you’re a Democrat. You’re not exempt from math if you’re a liberal, and you’re not exempt from math if you’re a conservative. You still have to do math."  

"Your premium went way up, your employer paying them might affect your raise. It might even affect the stability of your job because they might not be able to pay everybody, because they have higher costs of operating now… you paid for it, it’s called a pass-through, you’re going to pay for it.”

I find this interesting.

Dave Ramsey is very good with math ...

Grant Jeffrew,s book Finding Financial Freedom is interesting too,I should try to find the book,I know its somewhere in the house...........

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Interesting Other One.

Yeah after reading the article and watching some of the video's I don't think it's really see this as a serious issue - implants.

But back to the OP which talks about AHA, basic math, and insurance premiums... ;)

"You’re not exempt from math if you’re a Republican, and you’re not exempt from math if you’re a Democrat. You’re not exempt from math if you’re a liberal, and you’re not exempt from math if you’re a conservative. You still have to do math."  

"Your premium went way up, your employer paying them might affect your raise. It might even affect the stability of your job because they might not be able to pay everybody, because they have higher costs of operating now… you paid for it, it’s called a pass-through, you’re going to pay for it.”

I find this interesting.

Dave Ramsey is very good with math ...

he just doesn't know how to read laws

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

So came across this today...

“January 1st, 2014 every insurance company is required to take on anyone, no matter how sick they are, and they cannot charge them more than someone who is not ill…You're 500 lbs. you have diabetes, you’ve got cancer, you’ve had three heart attacks you’re going to pay the exact same premium as a perfectly healthy person.”

“I understand the motivation, and the nobility and the moral imperative behind that. I get that. But that doesn’t change the math, the math is that those people get sick more often and run up more medical bills than someone who is healthy. Duh.”

“If they now have to be covered by the same company that you’re covered by and they’re required to take them… then the math kicks in. Because the amount of money that that company was paying out to the medical community is going to go way up. They’re going to pay out to the medical community per person than they ever have before… what they pay out per person is how your premium is determined – plus profit.”

What do you think?

"I understand the motivation, and the nobility and the moral imperative behind that. I get that." Here he says that he understands why obamacare exists...

"But that doesn’t change the math, the math is that those people get sick more often and run up more medical bills than someone who is healthy." And here he says that money is more important than other peoples lifes?

Paying more tax is the only solution if you want to help other people that didnt grow up in a "perfect family", come from a peacefull country etc etc. Btw, people are dying everyday because you dont simply want to pay a little more than usual to the government.

Edited by trojan-horse

Think We're Really Really Loved?

O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely. Song Of Solomon 2:14

Yea, Me Too

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

I found this quite interesting...

What if someone doesn't have health coverage in 2014?

The penalty in 2014 and beyond

The penalty in 2014 is calculated one of 2 ways. You’ll pay whichever of these amounts is higher:

• 1% of your yearly household income. The maximum penalty is the national average yearly premium for a bronze plan.

• $95 per person for the year ($47.50 per child under 18). The maximum penalty per family using this method is $285.

The fee increases every year. In 2015 it’s 2% of income or $325 per person. In 2016 and later years it’s 2.5% of income or $695 per person. After that it is adjusted for inflation.

If you’re uninsured for just part of the year, 1/12 of the yearly penalty applies to each month you’re uninsured. If you’re uninsured for 3 months or less, you don’t have a make a payment.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

And this too...

Source: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303561504577494582381825186

Q. I have employees or may be hiring. What provisions impact me?

A. If you have employees, the health-care provisions are a bit more complicated.

Since 2010, firms with fewer than 25 full-time equivalent employees have been eligible for a tax break if you cover at least half the cost of health insurance. (Full-time equivalent is the number of employees on full-time schedules plus the number of employees on part-time schedules, converted to a full-time basis.)

But only if you have fewer than 10 full-time equivalent employees and average salaries of $25,000 or less is your firm eligible for the full credit. Today, that full credit is 35% of your contribution toward an employee's insurance premium. As your firm size and average wage amount goes up, the tax credit goes down. And once your business hits 25 full-time equivalent employees or $50,000 in average salaries, the credit is completely phased out.

Q. Will I have to provide health insurance to my employees in 2014?

A. No firm is mandated to provide insurance, but in 2014, only the smallest businesses will be exempt from penalties if they don't.

Q. What are the penalties and under what circumstances would I be exempt?

A. Once your firm reaches 50 full-time equivalent employees, a penalty will kick in if you fail to provide coverage for employees who average 30 or more hours a week in a given month. The penalty is $2,000 for each full-time employee in excess of 30 full-time employees. There are no penalties if part-time employees aren't offered coverage.

A key factor in calculating the penalty is that the equation isn't based on full-time equivalents, but rather on actual full-time employees. That means some businesses that are subject to the penalty may end up owing nothing.

Here's a basic example: Say your firm has 25 full-time employees and 50 half-time employees that, combined, equal 25 full-time equivalents. Your firm, in effect, has 50 full-time equivalents and would be subject to the penalty if you don't provide health-care coverage. However, your penalty cost likely would be zero because the $2,000 tally starts at the 31st full-time employee and you only have 25 full-time employees.

So what does this mean really?

If a small business grows to more than 25 employees or the average salary is over 50k then there will be no tax credit for said small business.

Companies will higher more people with 30 hours or less a week to avoid the healthcare law. Think Walmart (part-time work with under 30 hours per employee) but throughout the entire economy not just retail. Companies will often pay the penalty of 2k (if they have more than 30 employees) rather than offer insurance to employees. $2k times 30 employees is $60k. This means $60k that could go towards a job in the small business will go towards paying the AHA penalty. What does this mean? Less jobs for small businesses. Fun stuff.

Let me give an example of how this will impact workers in large businesses... I have a friend who worked 40-50 hours a week at a educational instittution nearby. He is a full-time student as well. He and his wife (stay at home mom) have 3 children. With the AHA this friend will be working 30 hours or less a week. This means he will either need to get a second job or his wife will need to get a job. Beautiful.  

Sure people with pre-conditions will no longer be able to be denied healthcare. Sure the person who is really sick (or often gets sick) will pay the same premium as people who are healthy. That just means premiums will go up for everyone.
There's also a subsidy for those who can't afford insurance. Again, somebody will have to pick up the tab or we'll simply go further into the hole regarding national debt.