• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/07/1956

There have been many people who have died because they refused medical assistance.  As with most MH medications, they help balance a persons chemicals so the person can work through the issue.  Ask any doctor and they will tell you that medication does not fix the problem, just assists the natural ability to correct itself.

God created our bodies to function in a certain manner, fighting off diseases and correcting faults, yet, when the body is damaged to an extent, medication can assist in this ability. Take pain killer.  They do not heal what is causing the pain, they just make it possible to bare the pain through making one "feel better".

Faith is a strange thing ... one can easily mistake self righteousness as faith.  There are times when God prefers not to heal someone for a reason that will not be knows until some time later.  We cannot see how our depression we feel today will help someone 10 years down the road, but He can.  I suggest that instead of believing that God will always heal, placing faith in "faith healing", one should put their faith in His will and truly trust Him.  I went through 38 years of drug addiction, and guess what, I help drug addicts daily.  Through my drug addiction, I developed certain diseases, and today I help those who have the same disease. I have lived through homelessness for a long time, yet today I help the homeless every day.  If I had tried to "force" Gods hand in any of the above, I woudl of lost faith in Him and would not be able to do His will today.

Paul was a great follower of Christ and his words are:

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Hi... I am thinking that you are aware and have often discussed 'faith healing,"  therefore I won't go there.  I do praise the Lord that the Lord delivered you and that you are open and available to help others who are there and need help getting out.  What a valuable asset to the Kingdom of God.. someone who has been there and there to care for others and help them. 

stace

:hurrah:

ps... You might have lost faith in Him, but He had and has faith in you.  :) 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Welcome EagleWay, God bless you :)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/07/1956

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AFlameOfFire

James seems to prescribe praying when in affliction here

James 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

And singing psalms when one is merry.

Whereas here it says

Prov 25:20 As he that taketh away a garment in cold weather, and as vinegar upon nitre, so is he that singeth songs to an heavy heart.

So I guess there is a truth in rejoicing with those who rejoice and weeping with those who weep if the comparisons above are equal to one singing a song to one with a heavy heart.

Heaviness is a good study too.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

I am reminded of a dear Uncle that I had in my life. He would always be the one who would say grace at the table at our family gatherings. He has since went to heaven to be with the Lord a few years back. But as I ponder and think about my uncles life. A wonderful christian man to his wife and kids. He served in the military for 20 yrs., and he had severe arthritis in his neck for years and years. He and my aunt went to Jerusalem for a visit one year, and even went to the dead sea for healing. But he was never healed. It became worse and eventually all the pain meds and suffering he endured, it was weakening my uncle's body, and I was confused at times, and I often wondered if his "faith" for healing was that he accepted this disease and that was that. I agree with OneLight, faith is a strange thing, maybe it was self-righteousness as faith with my uncle.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,170
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I know several people besides myself that suffered depression symptoms because of long term lack of sleep.  Personally my experience was caused by a prescription drug I took for asthma.   Was one in a million that it affected.   And the interesting thing was that the councilors I was seeing took a year to pick up on the fact that I was simply exhausted all the time....    and I didn't bother to tell my doctor for I was not having any medical problems at all.  traded my asthma problems for no sleep.

I'm told that a very large number of people in the US do not get enough sleep, but I don't hear anyone expressing that fact that it affects ones brain chemistry and symptoms of clinical depression usually pop up in sleep starved folks.   That's why when someone comes to worthy and talks about being depressed I always ask them how much sleep they are getting......   I couldn't begin to tell you over the years how many people I've met either personally or virtually on the internet that has fixed their depression by taking the time to sleep.......    parents with young children sometimes just can't but most people just get busy and don't.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,170
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Im not sharing all that, changed my mind, completely unecessary

been there done that....   more than once.

Guest AFlameOfFire

Im not sharing all that, changed my mind, completely unecessary

been there done that....   more than once.

Yeah I usually dont delete, I just usually say to myself, did you have to go there and share all that?

Then cringes at self, lol

I was so not in the mood for cringing at myself.

I can talk too much, I really need to knock that off too lol

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

If demons are the only cause for depression, that would mean demons can be overcome with a pill.

lol!!