• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Your response has to be one of the most respectful rebuttals I have read on this site in a long time. You have many good points.

God bless You

Firestormx

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

" I AM"

I believe God reveals Himself in many names and that He is so holy we cannot fully understand Him. Holy means totally other than (seperate).   I am that I am,   God exists always and from eternity past. He is all.

He sent His Son Jesus Christ into the world. Hallelujah.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  3

Your response has to be one of the most respectful rebuttals I have read on this site in a long time. You have many good points.

God bless You

Firestormx

Thank you so much! it means alot to me because when I was younger, I alienated many people with my rudeness! I love truth so dearly, but my wife says it has taken the Lord a long time to knock off some of my rough edges!! There oft times seems needless debate caused by a lack of understanding between saints who emphasize the intent and spirit of truth and those who emphasize the technical detail and exactness of language in expressing that truth. There is a marriage of these two that I call "the scholar of the Spirit". I suppose it is a goal of mine to walk in a balance of loving grace and sharp, uncompromising truth. Jesus did it like no other person ever has. I love His words, AND the way He delvered them. Paul is the junior example to me, a sharp man who knew Jesus deeply and loved Him and His church passionately.

Many Blessings, Andy

Edited by ajchurney

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

I have noticed that there are many names for God:

Jehovah

Yahweh

Adonai

El Shaddai

Elohim

Shekinah

Eyeh Asher Eyeh

I'm just curious, does anyone know His true name?

I don't know if anyone has answered this ... but the answer is "NO"

Here is why I suggest that no one knows it:

1)

He said so.

"Why do you ask Me My name, seeing that it is SECRETE"? - God (Hebrew Scriptures)

"He had a name that no man knew, besides he Himself" - concerning Jesus (Greek Scriptures)

2)

The Jews considered Gods name so Holy, that by them not writing or saying it, it was lost.

3)

YHWH: no one living knows what the vowels are.  It is "commonly accepted" as Yahweh ... but "commonly accepted" does not mean absolutely it.

4)

Now, these things can disturb some people, especially skeptics and weaker breathren.  But I have something to share with such people.  The Psalms have something to say about it:

"Thou hast esteemed Thy Word ABOVE {all} Thy Name"

We know God THROUGH HIS WORD, not by knowing a potential name.

OK.  I'll bring that into perspective.

Who knows Michael Jackson?  Raise you hands.  Now, all of you put your hands back down.  Not a one of you know him.  You know OF him THROUGH HIS NAME.

We know the name Obama too, but we certainly do not know THE MAN.

So, knowing the name of God, or a name that we believe to be absolutely correct, is not KNOWING Him.  We KNOW Him THROUGH His Word.  And the fact of the matter is, it is a different word still in Chinese, Russian, Dutch, etc.  So, it's not even about Hebrew, but how you say the meaning of the name in YOUR language.

But, even if His name was Yahweh ... just knowing that will not do anyone any good ... if they do not know and obey His Word.

So, when you have these challenges or personal doubts ... remember the Psalms.

THOU HAST ESTEEMED THY WORD ABOVE ALL THY NAME.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

I have noticed that there are many names for God:

Jehovah

Yahweh

Adonai

El Shaddai

Elohim

Shekinah

Eyeh Asher Eyeh

I'm just curious, does anyone know His true name?

I don't know if anyone has answered this ... but the answer is "NO"

Here is why I suggest that no one knows it:

1)

He said so.

"Why do you ask Me My name, seeing that it is SECRETE"? - God (Hebrew Scriptures)

"He had a name that no man knew, besides he Himself" - concerning Jesus (Greek Scriptures)

2)

The Jews considered Gods name so Holy, that by them not writing or saying it, it was lost.

3)

YHWH: no one living knows what the vowels are.  It is "commonly accepted" as Yahweh ... but "commonly accepted" does not mean absolutely it.

4)

Now, these things can disturb some people, especially skeptics and weaker breathren.  But I have something to share with such people.  The Psalms have something to say about it:

"Thou hast esteemed Thy Word ABOVE {all} Thy Name"

We know God THROUGH HIS WORD, not by knowing a potential name.

OK.  I'll bring that into perspective.

Who knows Michael Jackson?  Raise you hands.  Now, all of you put your hands back down.  Not a one of you know him.  You know OF him THROUGH HIS NAME.

We know the name Obama too, but we certainly do not know THE MAN.

So, knowing the name of God, or a name that we believe to be absolutely correct, is not KNOWING Him.  We KNOW Him THROUGH His Word.  And the fact of the matter is, it is a different word still in Chinese, Russian, Dutch, etc.  So, it's not even about Hebrew, but how you say the meaning of the name in YOUR language.

But, even if His name was Yahweh ... just knowing that will not do anyone any good ... if they do not know and obey His Word.

So, when you have these challenges or personal doubts ... remember the Psalms.

THOU HAST ESTEEMED THY WORD ABOVE ALL THY NAME.

Also, to add to my own words (lol), God has a lot of beautiful, "double-jointed" titles ... but there is ONE that is most powerful to us believers:

FATHER

Yes!  That's it!  THAT is the title that we can IDENTIFY with!  THAT is the title that we hold closest to our hearts!

... and that is the title that Jesus Himself pushed.  Jesus never encouraged Hebrew or any of those other beautiful titles and names of God.  No.  He showed us that God is our FATHER, and the title of FATHER covers a great many other things.

provider

protector

defender

corrector

teacher

When you pray, you pray...

Our FATHER ... not "el shaddi" or "Yahweh" or "Jehovah" etc.

Such things are smokescreens.  Distractions.  Things that men add to themselves - burdens God did not lay on us.