• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Much love to you In Him,

What really helps in some situations is finding a testimony-then you can just mention that there is this person that was a homosexual but now is not...I haven't looked for one yet on homosexuality...but I sure have gone to youtube to Seek-testimonies on Healing...because testimonies sure do show the power of God and how He changes lives...You'll get scoffers and those that don't believe...oh well...I sure do believe...

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/26/1981

I refuse to abuse gays or bisexuals.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I refuse to abuse gays or bisexuals.

Is it abusive to warn them of the truth? :noidea:

Rev 21:8

8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers,

idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and

brimstone, which is the second death.

NKJV Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Well...it seems to me that an unsaved person is on his way to Hell, straight, gay or indifferent. Telling them to "straighten up" does what, exactly? So, my reasoning is, if you are unsaved and gay, fine and dandy! Just don't wear your pink "I'm here and I'm queer" t-shirt where I or my son can see you. What you do at home in private is your business. BUT, if you claim to be a Christian and are living in the gay lifestyle with no evidence of wanting to repent, then by virtue of the salvation we share, I must confront you, in love, not in a punitive way. In fact, the community of faith has an obligation to deal with a brother or sister who is in sin like this. All sin is not the same and sexual sin is particularly heinous in G-d's sight.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see a way of thinking among those who practice homosexuality which is somewhat unique.  

For most people involved in sins, they think of the sins as something they do. For homosexuality, they don't think of it as a sin they do, but as who they are. They do not see it as an action, but they see it as their identity. They would say they are homosexuals.

Taking this to us, we were born in Adam. So, we were born with a sin nature, but we did not identify our 'in Adam' position as who we were. We are individuals, who had committed sins and were in need of a savior. With the homosexual view, that what we call sin, they view as who they are, they have to think that we hate them, because we hate the sin, but to them, homosexual is who they are. Not sure that is clear. I have to assume that they think Christians hate homosexuality so we must hate homosexuals as that is their identity.

How do we separate their actions from who they perceive themselves to be from their viewpoint? It is no wonder that many homosexuals think Christians hate them. Do we need to or do we simply tell them about Jesus, and let the Holy Spirit sort this out?  

https://www.google.com/search?q=holy+bible&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=taTdUvPgEsnjoATL3oGgBA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1688&bih=828

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/the-bible/images/27076200/title/holy-bible-photo

Yes, homosexuality is a sin:

Gal 5:19 -- Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

The word "Fornication" actually means this:

1. illicit sexual intercourse

1. adultery, fornication, homosexuality, lesbianism, intercourse with animals etc.

2. sexual intercourse with close relatives; Lev. 18

3. sexual intercourse with a divorced man or woman; Mk. 10:11,12

2. metaphor. the worship of idols

1. of the defilement of idolatry, as incurred by eating the sacrifices offered to idols

Therefore, homosexuality is a sin. And people who are lesbians are also sinning.

Edited by DeaneRenata

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

It is a sin or the act of a sin.
Rom 1:26-27
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
KJV

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm not targetting homosexuals any more. Their sin is between them and God. Sure, I'll preach the truth to them, but I am in no position to judge them. Let God do that. He may forgive them for all I know.

Homosexuality has existed for centuries, nay millennia. The biggest crime against God (IMHO) is when homosexuality is preached to be okay, when it is considered no longer a sin and when society accepts it as not being a sin. The biggest perpetrators may not even be homosexual themselves, but they spread the lie because they want to corrupt God's word and destroy family values.

This is where sin crosses over into iniquity.

20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Isaiah 5

This is the real sign of our times - when men promote homosexuality as a virtue. When they want to introduce homosexual marriage, homosexual education in schools and adoption for homosexual couples. This is the real crime. I cannot judge a thief, or a liar, so how can I judge a homosexual? I cannot judge a murderer or a mocker or a philanderer, so how can I judge somebody with a different sexual preference to mine? Homosexuality is an mental illness.

I detest the words of the man who lies about homosexuality, the man who claims that homosexuality is normal and is a natural variation, and who corrupts the truth.

These are the words of the liar. Homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord, but homosexuals are not. They need saving, sure, but their crimes are tiny compared to the man who corrupts others with his false words.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm not targetting homosexuals any more. Their sin is between them and God. Sure, I'll preach the truth to them, but I am in no position to judge them. Let God do that. He may forgive them for all I know.

Homosexuality has existed for centuries, nay millennia. The biggest crime against God (IMHO) is when homosexuality is preached to be okay, when it is considered no longer a sin and when society accepts it as not being a sin. The biggest perpetrators may not even be homosexual themselves, but they spread the lie because they want to corrupt God's word and destroy family values.

This is where sin crosses over into iniquity.

20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Isaiah 5

This is the real sign of our times - when men promote homosexuality as a virtue. When they want to introduce homosexual marriage, homosexual education in schools and adoption for homosexual couples. This is the real crime. I cannot judge a thief, or a liar, so how can I judge a homosexual? I cannot judge a murderer or a mocker or a philanderer, so how can I judge somebody with a different sexual preference to mine? Homosexuality is an mental illness.

I detest the words of the man who lies about homosexuality, the man who claims that homosexuality is normal and is a natural variation, and who corrupts the truth.

These are the words of the liar. Homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord, but homosexuals are not. They need saving, sure, but their crimes are tiny compared to the man who corrupts others with his false words.

there has been people that have been Homosexuals but has turned from that to never go down that road again, so they chose to do homosexuals acts then they chose not to. you can not chose to have a mental illness or not to have a mental illness, that is just a self justification for the sin, Just as men has said before God told me to leave my wife, and commit adultery with another women. YEAH RIGHT!!!!!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

Isaiah 1:10-20

King James Version (KJV)

10 Hear the word of the Lord, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.

11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.

12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?

13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.

14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;

17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.

18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  02/27/1984

People say homosexuality is a choice and those who are for it say it's not, that they were born that way.  And I agree...they are born that way to a degree.  We are all born into sin.  I can look at all the different friends I've had throughout the years.  I knew one who was a pathological liar.  He told me with a straight face that he was a real werewolf and his hair grows longer during a full moon.  I just kinda nodded my head and walked away.  I know someone who stole a lot of things.  They got a thrill out of it. I know I have my sins that have stuck with me my whole life.  Addiction runs in my family as mostly everyone has done drugs and are continual alcoholics.  My dad died in a work accident after getting crushed to death. I didn't realize it until I saw his autopsy report that he was, in fact, drunk when he was killed. 

I used to have an addiction to pain killers.  I have been off of them for several years now and does my body desire them?  yes.  I have a knee issue and I so badly want to go in and ask for meds, but I have made a choice. I realize I am caught in the sins of my family going back to my great-grandfather (and probably beyond) of addiction and I decided I was going to break it. I would not give in to addiction.  It would stop with me and my children (when I have them) will not be exposed to it. 

So I made a choice to end my sin instead of making excuses that I was born that way.  A thief can stop stealing.  A liar can stop lying.  A homosexual can stop being a homosexual.  There are many, many stories of people who have came to Christ and felt guilty and dirty in their sin and were able to overcome it and were no longer gay. And I know a few friends who were completely straight, was even married once to a man, but after having a lot of bad relationships, became gay. I personally don't know a single gay person who was that way their whole life.  They BECAME gay after circumstances in their life messed them up.

It's an abomination to God.  So it doesn't matter if I think it's right or wrong or if you think it's right or wrong.  It's wrong because God said it was.  He writes the moral code...not you or I.  And it goes deeper than being a homosexual.  We aren't even supposed to have sex at all until we're married, so it's a two-way sin for them, having sex outside of marriage, have unnatural lusts and doing what God considers and abomination to him.  The world will call me a hater and a bigot, but whatever.  They hate to see purity and light and Jesus said the world will hate us for our beliefs and we see that everyday. 

The way I address it is I know they are caught in sin just as I am caught in sin. I don't see them or anyone as better or worse than me, especially since God is no respecter of persons.  He died for the homosexual as much as He died for me and my sins.  The difference is there are people who justify their sins and are not forgiven them because they would rather play with fire and hope they don't get burned than repent and overcome.  Their choice.