IGNORED

A vital question: How to identify a person is a Christian?

silviawang

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

John 15:7-16

8 "By this is My Father glorified, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. 9 "Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love . 10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love ; just as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love . 11 "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full. 12 "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. 13 "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. 14 "You are My friends, if you do what I command you. 15 "No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.

NASB

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone...

Love,as it has been posted before ....Love,and everything that comes with Love as it is written in 1Cor 13:4-8,"Love is patient ,love is kind....."

Dear Jetson,try not to be so judgemental and just love,not every Christian who is saved reads the KJV of the Bible and it is very unfair to clump entire denominations (such as catholics)into a category of following false teachings & being unsaved,I know quite a few catholics who are saved and I judge that by what they say & how they live their lives,they bear good fruit & proclaim Jesus as the ONLY Way,the Truth & the Life........open your heart to the entire Church of Jesus,which is not only available to readers of the KJV....John 3:16 invites "whosoever"to the foot of the cross for Salvation through Christ

With love,in Christ-Kwik

My understanding of how to identify a person is a Christian

1-      totally understanding his sinful nature and un- righteousness , surrender himself to GOD, knowing that only through the blood of JESUS, he can be accepted by GOD. has the clear mind that as the heaven is higher than the earth, GOD is higher than the humanbeing, as the humanbeing ,we have nothing to boast.

2-      Trust GOD,believe GOD,has the faith just as Abraham, this is vital, from cover to cover, what BIBLE says is trust GOD ,trust GOD, and trust GOD,the very begging of monotheism is Abrahams faith, and we are justification by faith and by faith only.

3-      Devote himself to serve GOD,I am not mean to be the pastor, y can serve GOD in every calling, obey GOD, acting according to BIBLE, does not turn to left and turn to right.

4-      Meditate upon GODs word day and night,try best to understating GODs way ,for example:how a loving father send his be-loved son to the cross? Why a mercy GOD commended the Israelites launching the massacre again and again on the way leading to promise land? Why the subject of OT is law? Why the subject of OT is faith? why JESUS is the only why to avoid GODs wrath?........and so on----------all these ,are related to love, GODs love is not simple love, the essence of love is far more than help the poor and love y neighbor---Moses even commended the Israelites to kill their wife, friend, brother when they were be found worshipped other gods,so to understand GOD in BIBLE way,is the most important to a Christian

and ,maybe there need some miracles,to perform miracle was GOD's way to cfm a apostle in NT

What you are describing may all be done outside the view of another, so these actions can be internal and not seen; the Bible says "Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” So, it all boils down to how we love which differentiates us from all others.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

I'd have a difficult time thinking you could just tell. There are pretty loving and kind people who are atheists and then there are people who are not obviously that way who are sincere believers. Moreover, suppose you have a new believer, sincere, but comes out of a 'rough' spot so 'progress' in becoming Christlike for them may not be so obvious from someone who grew up in a Christian family in a Christian community. And, even when it comes to testimonies, I can attest from my personal experience I have not 'sounded Christian' to some people even though I have been a sincere believer trying to communicate. All that is to say I think it can actually get a bit complicated.

You seem to side for the athiest quite often.Why is that?Are you a Christian??

I side with the atheists quite often because I come from a secular family and up until 1 yr and a few months ago I was an atheist myself. I am friends with atheist/agnostic types, my parents are atheist/agnostic types and so on. Defending them, to a certain extent, comes pretty naturally to me hopefully for obvious reasons. The fact is that I know the people I am talking about when I type this stuff out. Asking if I am a Christian at this point is kind of insulting bopeep.

Thank you for answering my question and I apologize if I offended you.

I'd have a difficult time thinking you could just tell. There are pretty loving and kind people who are atheists and then there are people who are not obviously that way who are sincere believers. Moreover, suppose you have a new believer, sincere, but comes out of a 'rough' spot so 'progress' in becoming Christlike for them may not be so obvious from someone who grew up in a Christian family in a Christian community. And, even when it comes to testimonies, I can attest from my personal experience I have not 'sounded Christian' to some people even though I have been a sincere believer trying to communicate. All that is to say I think it can actually get a bit complicated.

Amen Beloved~!

~

Complicated

I was a derision to all my people; and their song all the day.

He hath filled me with bitterness, he hath made me drunken with wormwood.

He hath also broken my teeth with gravel stones, he hath covered me with ashes.

And thou hast removed my soul far off from peace: I forgat prosperity.

And At Times Painful

And I said, My strength and my hope is perished from the LORD:

Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall.

My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me. Lamentations 3:14-20

And The Day Will Surly Come

This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.

It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. Lamentations 3:21-24

When All Believers Will Take Up Their Cross

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 2 Timothy 3:12

And Will Walk In Their LORD's Footsteps

And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. Mark 8:34

You See

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Philippians 2:13

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: 1 Peter 2:2

Be Very Blessed

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:27-28

Praying For Your Friends And Family

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

My understanding of how to identify a person is a Christian

1-      totally understanding his sinful nature and un- righteousness , surrender himself to GOD, knowing that only through the blood of JESUS, he can be accepted by GOD. has the clear mind that as the heaven is higher than the earth, GOD is higher than the humanbeing, as the humanbeing ,we have nothing to boast.

2-      Trust GOD,believe GOD,has the faith just as Abraham, this is vital, from cover to cover, what BIBLE says is trust GOD ,trust GOD, and trust GOD,the very begging of monotheism is Abrahams faith, and we are justification by faith and by faith only.

3-      Devote himself to serve GOD,I am not mean to be the pastor, y can serve GOD in every calling, obey GOD, acting according to BIBLE, does not turn to left and turn to right.

4-      Meditate upon GODs word day and night,try best to understating GODs way ,for example:how a loving father send his be-loved son to the cross? Why a mercy GOD commended the Israelites launching the massacre again and again on the way leading to promise land? Why the subject of OT is law? Why the subject of OT is faith? why JESUS is the only why to avoid GODs wrath?........and so on----------all these ,are related to love, GODs love is not simple love, the essence of love is far more than help the poor and love y neighbor---Moses even commended the Israelites to kill their wife, friend, brother when they were be found worshipped other gods,so to understand GOD in BIBLE way,is the most important to a Christian

and ,maybe there need some miracles,to perform miracle was GOD's way to cfm a apostle in NT

Silvia, Pharoah's magicians could perform the same miracles that Moses performed. In the end time the antichrist and his false prophet will perform miracles to try to deceive the elect. Jesus said you shall know them by their fruit. You will know that they are Christians if they have love for each other. 1John 4:7-8. Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

Amen Beloved~!

~

Complicated

I was a derision to all my people; and their song all the day.

He hath filled me with bitterness, he hath made me drunken with wormwood.

He hath also broken my teeth with gravel stones, he hath covered me with ashes.

And thou hast removed my soul far off from peace: I forgat prosperity.

And At Times Painful

And I said, My strength and my hope is perished from the LORD:

Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall.

My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me. Lamentations 3:14-20

And The Day Will Surly Come

This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.

It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. Lamentations 3:21-24

When All Believers Will Take Up Their Cross

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 2 Timothy 3:12

And Will Walk In Their LORD's Footsteps

And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. Mark 8:34

You See

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Philippians 2:13

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: 1 Peter 2:2

Be Very Blessed

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:27-28

Praying For Your Friends And Family

Love, Your Brother Joe

Thanks Joe, that's very kind. It's been an interesting ride but God has been very patient and merciful with me so I feel grateful.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

You seem to side for the athiest quite often.Why is that?Are you a Christian??

I side with the atheists quite often because I come from a secular family and up until 1 yr and a few months ago I was an atheist myself. I am friends with atheist/agnostic types, my parents are atheist/agnostic types and so on. Defending them, to a certain extent, comes pretty naturally to me hopefully for obvious reasons. The fact is that I know the people I am talking about when I type this stuff out. Asking if I am a Christian at this point is kind of insulting bopeep.

Thank you for answering my question and I apologize if I offended you.

No worries, forgiven.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Judging someones faith is wrong, the pharisees did that, and Jesus had a problem with them. For the pharisees believed they were always better.

the world is watching us all the time and we nee

d to be the light of the world with love. I believe in the golden rule with who ever I meet.

Judging someones faith is wrong, the pharisees did that, and Jesus had a problem with them. For the pharisees believed they were always better.

the world is watching us all the time and we need to be the light of the world with love. I believe in the golden rule with who ever I meet.

:thumbsup:

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 2 Timothy 2:24

~

Check

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1

And Counter-Check

John said unto him, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name: and we forbade him, because he followed not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a mighty work in my name, and be able quickly to speak evil of me. For he that is not against us is for us. Mark 9:38-40 (English Revised Version)