LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Have any of you ever as a Christian wish that God would just take you home? Like you feel you have nothing to live for except for your home in heaven, and you just want God to take you?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,218
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

yes, and then, I see my lovely wife and understand I have responsibilities to her and that makes my life needed......   then we go visit the grandkids and I can see that as they grow up there are going to be needs from them and it's my responsibility to be here.

Then we retired and started traveling and the whole world opened up to doing things and gave us the opportunity to go places and meet new people and spread the word and a bit of happiness wherever we go.

Long story short I had a problem with being bored with life, and that's not a good thing.

Try something tomorrow morning.   Get up and get dressed and go to McDonald's for breakfast.....  wait till there is someone at the register next to you to order and after they turn in their order just reach over and swipe your credit card and pay for their order all the time talking to the person that is helping you.....   When/if the person you are buying for says anything just hold your finger up to your lips and say   ssshhhhhhhhh.   lightly and smile.  It'll make your day go better.

I did that at a Cracker Barrel one day for a policeman who must have been having one of those days for a really big tear rolled down his cheek as he smiled and said, "I really needed that."   Costs a bit more than McDonald's but it will grow on you.

There must be a million ways to help people besides giving them things...

Anyway it's helped me to enjoy life by looking for ways to help other people.....   I guess you could say that in some ways I'm really doing it for myself for I like the way it makes me feel.....   but I do think that good feeling is from the Lord saying "Good Job."

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Yes, but everyday is a new day for me , a new day to praise HIM and obey HIM.

A new day to say thank you for all that HE gives me. 

I personally am not in the best of health , my days are slowly ticking away. (Faster than at times I would wish for) 

Yet, I can not for one moment think that I should be taken home before HIS plan is done for me. 

I have a quality of life and that is a blessing, I have palliative care and I am in my cosy home.  

HE knows best and when it's time for HIM to call me home, when that time comes ; HE will.

Being prepared to be called home is so important. 

Deuteronomy 31:8 8

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Yes, often, but each time I find myself with such a heavy heart, He shows me how I have been doing His will and the results through people He has placed in my life.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Yes,at times I am thinking we all have thought "Ok Lord you can just come back in the next 5 minutes". :grin:  But that is somewhat of a selfish thought.We are trying to rid ourselves of the pain.Sometimes God brings on the pain to get our attention.He wants our prayers.We will suffer on this Earth just like Jesus did.In Gods timing we will then be taken and our pain will be gone.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Have any of you ever as a Christian wish that God would just take you home? Like you feel you have nothing to live for except for your home in heaven, and you just want God to take you?

If your coming from the angle of suffering you are correct: "For whom and by whom all existing things exist, in bringing many sons to glory should make the  founder of their salvation perfect through SUFFERING." . Heb 2:10. And, I forgot to add, we are told that we will suffer as well This sentiment "taken home," opens up the topic of are you living for Christ? In terms of "Take me home," have I learned what I could have learned, have I sought what I had to seek?, However if you are expressing a depressive feeling , I feel that is not from Christ. You - whatever your situation - abused, misunderstood, put down, should know that you have to humble yourself since we have a King that is meek and understanding. Yes, we have to meet our hour according to God. There is no instant action that will give us relief. Christ will take you when it's your rightful time. I hope I made sense to you.

Oak

Edited: Nov 23rd, I'm becoming careless with age.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

yes, and then, I see my lovely wife and understand I have responsibilities to her and that makes my life needed......   then we go visit the grandkids and I can see that as they grow up there are going to be needs from them and it's my responsibility to be here.

Then we retired and started traveling and the whole world opened up to doing things and gave us the opportunity to go places and meet new people and spread the word and a bit of happiness wherever we go.

Long story short I had a problem with being bored with life, and that's not a good thing.

Try something tomorrow morning.   Get up and get dressed and go to McDonald's for breakfast.....  wait till there is someone at the register next to you to order and after they turn in their order just reach over and swipe your credit card and pay for their order all the time talking to the person that is helping you.....   When/if the person you are buying for says anything just hold your finger up to your lips and say   ssshhhhhhhhh.   lightly and smile.  It'll make your day go better.

I did that at a Cracker Barrel one day for a policeman who must have been having one of those days for a really big tear rolled down his cheek as he smiled and said, "I really needed that."   Costs a bit more than McDonald's but it will grow on you.

There must be a million ways to help people besides giving them things...

Anyway it's helped me to enjoy life by looking for ways to help other people.....   I guess you could say that in some ways I'm really doing it for myself for I like the way it makes me feel.....   but I do think that good feeling is from the Lord saying "Good Job."

great advice, and it does feel good to help someone out when we ourselves are down in the moment...getting your mind off yourself helps changes your mood. hang in there it will be ok.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/16/1993

Yes, right now. So many things are difficult for me... I hope Jesus is coming soon.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,218
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Yes, right now. So many things are difficult for me... I hope Jesus is coming soon.

Well, I hope he waits till my brother in law gets saved....  I really love that old guy and I'd really hate to see him go to hell.  Pray for him a lot.

So during your difficulties just remember there are a few left that need salvation and you are suffering for them....    As I understand there are at least a million Muslims a year that come to the saving grace of Jesus, so we can know that there is great good coming from our suffering.

My prayers also will be to ease your difficulties....   so many need our prayers......   including me.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

We will not go home until the last person is saved that God knows will come to Him.