• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

It is in the Bible that we will judge angels, what are the charges of the angels that we are to judge?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings ENOCH,

God bless you,I do believe this would apply to the fallen angels who will have many charges against them.....just my take.....I can't imagine Gods Holy Angels having anything bad to be charged with.....as far as those heavenly angels perhaps we can judge the wonderful things they have done that they will be rewarded?

With love in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

We as children of God will be given a higher position than the angels.We're not only created in God's image,but redeemed by Christ.Angels are not created in God's image and are not redeemed by Christ.This strongly implies that we wil have authority over the holy angels,for they have no sin to judge.

Most likely,the meaning of the passage is that believers in heaven will take a part in judgment of the fallen angels,and exercise some authority over the holy angels.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

We as children of God will be given a higher position than the angels.We're not only created in God's image,but redeemed by Christ.Angels are not created in God's image and are not redeemed by Christ.This strongly implies that we wil have authority over the holy angels,for they have no sin to judge.

Most likely,the meaning of the passage is that believers in heaven will take a part in judgment of the fallen angels,and exercise some authority over the holy angels.

Sorry Bopeep but where does it say that angels weren't created in God's image? I don't believe that we will have authority over the holy angels, I think that God always will. I just don't see the purpose of having authority over them when there is no need to once in heaven. Although I could be wrong, just my personal opinion.

Not sure if being made a little lower than angels means made mortal instead of immortal.

Here's a very interesting passage from Hebrews 2:

It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking. But there is a place where someone has testified:

“What is mankind that you are mindful of them,

a son of man that you care for him?

You made them a little[a] lower than the angels;

you crowned them with glory and honor

and put everything under their feet.”[b][c]

In putting everything under them,[d] God left nothing that is not subject to them.[e] Yet at present we do not see everything subject to them.[f] But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

10 In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered. 11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.[g] 12 He says,

“I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters;

in the assembly I will sing your praises.”[h]

13 And again,

“I will put my trust in him.”[i]

And again he says,

“Here am I, and the children God has given me.”[j]

14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. 16 For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants. 17 For this reason he had to be made like them,[k] fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. 18 Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

It is in the Bible that we will judge angels, what are the charges of the angels that we are to judge?

The fallen have corrupted mankind since the beginning, so I would think

that the judgment would be against corruption of the human spirit, mind, body and soul as well as making us slaves to this world. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

maybe we should wait to see what the charges against each of them is before we start condemning.

Sorry Bopeep but where does it say that angels weren't created in God's image? I don't believe that we will have authority over the holy angels, I think that God always will. I just don't see the purpose of having authority over them when there is no need to once in heaven. Although I could be wrong, just my personal opinion.

Not sure if being made a little lower than angels means made mortal instead of immortal.

It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking. But there is a place where someone has testified:

In putting everything under them,[d] God left nothing that is not subject to them.[e] Yet at present we do not see everything subject to them.[f] But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

10 In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered. 11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.[g] 12 He says,

13 And again,

And again he says,

14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. 16 For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants. 17 For this reason he had to be made like them,[k] fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. 18 Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all[a] the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Does it say here that the angels were made in His image?If you think they were then it is speculation because the bible does not say they were.

13 And again,

And again he says,

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all[a] the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Does it say here that the angels were made in His image?If you think they were then it is speculation because the bible does not say they were.

You are right, it doesn't specify it but it does say “Let Us make man in Our image", so I would think that "Our" image means to the image of God and his angels?

13 And again,

And again he says,

You are right, it doesn't specify it but it does say “Let Us make man in Our image", so I would think that "Our" image means to the image of God and his angels?

But angels are not man.They are angels.

13 And again,

And again he says,

But angels are not man.They are angels.

That was pertaining to you saying that angels aren't created in God's image in post #3. If we were created at "their" own image (God and angels), it must mean that angels were created at God's image as well no?