• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  427
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1980

I'm new here and I just wanted to say thanks for this place!

Satan is harassing me as I write this, trying to influence me constantly.

He wakes me up twice a night for the last week or so to harass me.

I have to admit, I may have been brash about berating the devil to its face, and for awhile now.

I have told a couple of people about how I've been saved by Jesus in the last several days. I was thinking about this today, and satan manifested and started laughing, leading me to believe he is tricking me into following him.

I have read hundreds of threads on this forum now, read the bible a lot everyday, and read articles/listen to sermons on YouTube.

The devil has openly admitted that he is trying to get me to worship him by pretending to lead me to God. This could be because I told him his main purpose was to bring people closer to God.

Could anyone help me discern the truth in the situation?

I do believe that faith in Jesus plus baptism is what saves.

Thanks!

My beloved brother,you don't need to be afriad,becuse God is on your side,devil is a vagarbond,he only operate and manifest if you give him attention,there are two things in this world,if you give God attention,he will give you direction,and if you give satan attention,he will give you direction,Jesus Said i give you power and Authority,what ever you bind on earth will be bound in Heaven,Matthew 18:18" self confidence makes a man,there is no smoke without fire,you know your self more than any of us here,I was once in the pit of bondage for many years,and i knew the kind life i live before,Now Jesus has set me free by the power of the mercy of God,that overrule the death sentence that was place on me,by devil and his agent,that God that saved me will surely locate you at the point of your need,the best way to overcome satan is confession,if there is any of his properity that is still in your life,return it back to him,he is the own of any thing evil,every beliver need to have a pastor,a very good and godly mentor,I advice you to go for face to face counselling and deliverance,there is some forces you can't fight on your own,you need co-operate anointing,that will break the yoke of demon and his agent,you need to know the truth,and obey the truth,and the truth shall set you free,the bible says in proverbs 28:13"He that covereth his sin shall not prosper,but who so ever confessseth and forsaketh,them shall have mercy,grass cutter can never run in the afternoon without something been after him,Amos 3:3" says" two can't work together except they are agreed,If God step into your situation the battles will be over,and you will experience divine peace in your life,If God be for us who can be against us.....Roman 8:31" For you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear,but you have received the spirit of adoption,wherby we cry Abba,Father.Roman 8:15".God bless you.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Okay,

Thanks a lot for everyone's help.

I'm no longer worried about the devil's attacks, because I'm certain that the Holy Spirit is in my heart.

Bless The Lord!

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

You just got to STAY STRONG with the LORD and Don't give up on Him!!!! :) Always Keep him First Place!!! You just got to pray that God will help you put on the Armor of God and PRAY in Jesus Name that the Satan and all of his Demons will FLEE!!! :) And also remember to PUT your Situation in God Hands and Continue to TRUST and BELIEVE in the Lord that he got this Situation under control!!!!

God bless you!!!! :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'm new here and I just wanted to say thanks for this place!

Satan is harassing me as I write this, trying to influence me constantly.

He wakes me up twice a night for the last week or so to harass me.

I have to admit, I may have been brash about berating the devil to its face, and for awhile now.

I have told a couple of people about how I've been saved by Jesus in the last several days. I was thinking about this today, and satan manifested and started laughing, leading me to believe he is tricking me into following him.

I have read hundreds of threads on this forum now, read the bible a lot everyday, and read articles/listen to sermons on YouTube.

The devil has openly admitted that he is trying to get me to worship him by pretending to lead me to God. This could be because I told him his main purpose was to bring people closer to God.

Could anyone help me discern the truth in the situation?

Thanks!

Well, you might consider it a compliment that the dark side even bothers with you.....   if you were not getting closer to Jesus they would not be bothering you at all.

However it's probably not wise for you to pick a fight with them.   If they come and harass you sometimes it helps to remind them of their future and yours, and tell them in the name of Jesus to leave you.

Thanks.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Eph 6:10-17 (NIV) ...Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armour of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled round your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Okay,

I'm no longer worried about the devil's attacks, because I'm certain that the Holy Spirit is in my heart.

Bless The Lord!

Blessings to you GTC, just Stay close to God and be mindful of what you watch and listen to.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Okay,

Bless The Lord!

I sometimes arrive late in terms of post requests as in your case. However, I'll post this just in case. You've been given good spiritual advice but I am concerned that you may be suffering from an emotional illness that might need the help of a psychologist or psychiatrist - I think this site can refer you to people like that who are Christians as well. OCD, anxiety can put you at a great disadvantage . You may need medication. Your mind, seems to me, is going on auto-pilot, and I don't feel you can get it under control by yourself. Certainty of the Holy Spirit is wonderful but the Spirit may take time to develop you step by step. So first do what you can to get yourself in more of a stable state. So let me enumerate my advice both spiritual and earthly..

1) At least get an opinion from a psychologist or a psychiatrist.

2) Seek a face to face spiritual advisor such as a priest or pastor.

3) Tackle your sins or spiritual problem one by one, don't take on everything at once - be a bit kind to yourself. 

4)  Continue to read scripture but I would suggest do so with care - start perhaps with Psalms they have helped plenty who suffer from evil attacks.

5) If you find something that really grabs a hold of you in the scriptures use it in your prayers. And use prayer on a consistent basis - for starters when you wake up and when you go to sleep.

6) Also seek to help people as it is suggested in the Bible. Visit those in prisons, hospitals, give to the needy. "visit orphans and widows in their affliction... James 1:22 But you can start with helping someone move and dedicate your action to Christ not yourself.

God Bless you,

Oak

PS: Try to lead a structured life - evil loves the disorganized.

Thanks oak!

Faith in Jesus IS the baptism, it is a spiritual baptism from the Holy Spirit.

Your spiritual baptism is your second birth, born again.

The water baptism isn't what you think...

John 3:5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

except a man be born of water and of the Spirit: - http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/john-3-5.html

these are, (twnv) (twlm) , "two words", which express the same thing, as Kimchi observes in many places in his commentaries, and signify the grace of the Spirit of God. The Vulgate Latin and Ethiopic versions read, "the Holy Spirit", and so Nonnus; and who doubtless is intended: by "water", is not meant material water, or baptismal water; for water baptism is never expressed by water only, without some additional word, which shows, that the ordinance of water baptism is intended: nor has baptism any regenerating influence in it; a person may be baptized, as Simon Magus was, and yet not born again; and it is so far from having any such virtue, that a person ought to be born again, before he is admitted to that ordinance: and though submission to it is necessary, in order to a person's entrance into a Gospel church state; yet it is not necessary to the kingdom of heaven, or to eternal life and salvation: such a mistaken sense of this text, seems to have given the first birth and rise to infant baptism in the African churches; who taking the words in this bad sense, concluded their children must be baptized, or they could not be saved; whereas by "water" is meant, in a figurative and metaphorical sense, the grace of God, as it is elsewhere; see ( Ezekiel 36:25 ) ( John 4:14 ) . Which is the moving cause of this new birth, and according to which God begets men again to, a lively hope, and that by which it is effected; for it is by the grace of God, and not by the power of man's free will, that any are regenerated, or made new creatures: and if Nicodemus was an officer in the temple, that took care to provide water at the feasts, as Dr. Lightfoot thinks, and as it should seem Nicodemon ben Gorion was, by the story before related of him; (See Gill on John 3:1); very pertinently does our Lord make mention of water, it being his own element: regeneration is sometimes ascribed to God the Father, as in ( 1 Peter 1:3 ) ( James 1:18 ) , and sometimes to the Son, ( 1 John 2:29 ) and here to the Spirit, as in ( Titus 3:5 ) , who convinces of sin, sanctifies, renews, works faith, and every other grace; begins and carries on the work of grace, unto perfection;