• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1987

assuming this is about a boy is a rather weird assumption.......btw....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/29/1987

Dear preciouspearl,

It saddens me to hear that you are struggling with self injury and ED - that is really tough I'm sure *hugs* A lot of people here have given great advice for you, I hope that you've been able to read them all and absorb what has been said. Sometimes we don't think anyone will reply to our threads let alone more than a couple handfuls of people. You are loved!

I myself have suffered from depression and self injury and even had a bought of starving myself. Life has been tough and I've sometimes been dealt a few crummy hands of cards, but through faith I've made it this far. And through faith and strength, I know that you will be able to get through all of this too! You are special to God and to all of us.

Know that there is always hope out there! (H.O.P.E = HOLD ON PAIN ENDS)! Life can be amazing if you let it be. I know, easier said than done a lot of the time, but I have faith in you and I know that God will pull you through this - He will never leave you out in the cold to deal with things on your own.

Something I used to do was do a running-prayer... go for a run and pray at the same time! It's such a beautiful experience to run without headphones or distractions and just talk to God. Maybe give that a try every time you feel like hurting yourself. Be safe though - do over exert yourself *hugs*

Always know that there is hope!

Keep It Real.

God Bless,

more2life

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

but if its over something stupid like a guy

CD, welcome to Worthy, nice to meet you.

Just wanted to suggest that no matter what the cause of Pearl's problem, labeling it as "stupid" may not be the most helpful way to go about talking about it. It's obvious in your post that helping her is what you want to do, so I'm sure the last thing you want to do is use words that will push people away.

God bless, brother.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

my counselor says in order to heal from this and my ED, that means i should have godly repentance, not worldly

maybe i am a horrible person for saying this but is it possible to have both? am i supposed to not have pain over hurting myself too?

am i just......bad?

yesi am. ia ctually talked to a member here  last night about assurance of salvation. but before that i thought i was but mayb ei wasnt.

Praise God! So now your first question then has been answered? As you have come into the knowledge

that you are now 'born new in God as not before'... You now will feed yourself in The Truth of God's

Word and grown into a usefulness in that Word to others :D Love, Steven

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

assuming this is about a boy is a rather weird assumption.......btw....

sorry i was just making a example didnt mean for it to be weird, sorry. but other than that did it make you feel different about your situation?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Praying

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/03/1987

You took the best of me.

Its on your floor.

Away from me

Away from me

I harbor everything you told me

In my mind

Its still there

You didn’t care

Its there…

Away from me

And I cant see

You took my best of me.

• Group:  Seeker *
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/22/1973

I can't imagine caring about anyone that I felt wronged me.

Just my take .... and I'm not even sure .... but my heart says more rejection, and pain.  I'm so sorry!  I think to be rejected is one of the worse things to deal with.  It's like one can never be good enough, or smart enough, or pretty/handsome enough, and I know that the love is missing.

I know that when God looks at us, all He sees is His precious Son Jesus Christ, that our worth is now Jesus' righteousness.  There is no longer "condemnation" for those who are in Christ Jesus!  The Word says so!

We have been born again, and we are new creations in Christ Jesus, the old has passed away, because the Word says so!  Amen  We are washed in the Blood of the Lamb and God sees that.  He knows who we are in Christ, and we are precious to our Heavenly Father, so much so, that the Word says "not even a bird falls without God's notice" and we are far more valuable than the birds.  We are so precious that He has counted and numbered every hair on our heads.  Glory to God!

Precious, you have a beautiful gift and I am so blessed to see you use it!  I am praying that God will raise up beauty from your pain....  "beauty for ashes" and He restores you to His pleasure and glory, amen.  I pray you receive healing through the precious Blood of Jesus Christ, that was shed to heal us and cleanse us and reconcile us to God.  We are redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb!  PTL

Stand strong!  Stand on the Word and know that you have victory, totally and completely, through Jesus Christ, amen.

Shalom, Prair

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/01/1989

I use to be a cutter in my teens. I was depressed and suicidal from 13 years old to 18. I quit cutting at 18. I still struggle a little with the depression, but its not as bad as it use to be. Idk, if anything I say will help, but I know when you do feel depressed, sometimes it helps just to know that someone out there knows exactly how you feel. I may not know your situation, or the things that made you this way but I know the feeling. And it hurts. Sometimes it feels like your heart is just going to burst, and all you want to do is cut it out, end it all. BUT, it is not the answer, God is the answer. He saved me, he taught me how to love, he healed me. And He can and WILL heal you. It takes faith, prayer, and time. And remember to learn the lessons through your pain. You may not know what God is trying to teach you at this moment but you will when its time for you to know. But make sure to listen to God.

When I feel depressed, I found that it helps if I just get away from everything and everybody. I go somewhere quiet and peaceful close my eyes and talk to God. God is your friend and your father. He will listen, he is your shoulder to cry on. He hears your cries, so cry to God.

I like to go out into the woods, specially in the spring when its warm, flowers and trees are budding. Its quiet, peaceful, beautiful, and I can feel God all around me. I guess its my way of meditating. (Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with NewAge meditation)

I tried taking medication a few times, but they never worked for me. Because it's not a "Chemical Imbalance in my brain," which I think is completely retarded. Its the Devil. He's the one telling you that you're worthless, stupid, ugly, (etc) and telling you to hurt yourself. He is the Father of lies, he wants you to hurt yourself, he wants you to hate yourself, he wants you dead. So, don't listen to him, listen to God...