• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

1 Cor 14:34

34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

KJV

Spock: note here that Old testament is old testament, But Paul said as Also saith the law. He is in agreement with the law. now we are no longer under the law, But it would be still be good not to kill. not to bear false witness and so on. To Him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin, so as the law says not to kill we accept that as something good to do "not to kill" as well as Paul is saying they agree with the law that it is good women be under obedience, as the church is under obedience to Christ.

Not the "Law of Moses" Disciple, the "Law" as in the order that God set after the fall. "The Church of Christ was not mentioned until the New Testament when Christ said upon his glorious sacrifice he would build his Church. Though there are types of the Church of Christ in the Old Testament, there are no specific instruction found for the Church of Christ concerning women behaving in Church, that is found in the Epistles written by Christ's Apostles. The Law here is the subordination that God placed the woman under because of her original act of disobedience. 

Gen 3:16  To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you." 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

(Cont.)

I'd like to add to this thread two examples of how women have influenced me.

Re: Perspectives... In college I was privy to the lessons of a wonderful teacher. She was the pastor's wife and had a passion for the people my age. She taught for about 10 years until some <seminary> students started bringing up this whole issue. I can't tell you how much that lady encouraged me in a very difficult time of my life.

Yet because a few people were uncomfortable she stepped down. It was their loss. There were other issues that led me to leave that particular church but this instance really was one of the main contributing factors. It was the tip of the ice berg but God clearly showed me that I shouldn't fear being taught by women who loved Him dearly. Many Godly women I've known have a lot to teach me.

Update: I must say that I'm saddened to say that I ran into this teacher at the beginning of this year who impacted my life. I complimented her on her teaching and she responded by saying something to the effect of "Yes, that was an interesting time in my life. I came to realize God's plan for me as a woman and my role in teaching. Now I've been set straight." :noidea:

She was in China last year telling women (new converts) they shouldn't speak and avoid praying in public. <facepalm>

I was very sad to hear how much in bondage she'd become. :sad030:

Yet God is good and His mercy endures forever. Thankfully, there is hope and grace found in Jesus Christ.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

(Cont.)

Re: Perspectives... In college I was privy to the lessons of a wonderful teacher. She was the pastor's wife and had a passion for the people my age. She taught for about 10 years until some <seminary> students started bringing up this whole issue. I can't tell you how much that lady encouraged me in a very difficult time of my life.

Yet because a few people were uncomfortable she stepped down. It was their loss. There were other issues that led me to leave that particular church but this instance really was one of the main contributing factors. It was the tip of the ice berg but God clearly showed me that I shouldn't fear being taught by women who loved Him dearly. Many Godly women I've known have a lot to teach me.

Update: I must say that I'm saddened to say that I ran into this teacher at the beginning of this year who impacted my life. I complimented her on her teaching and she responded by saying something to the effect of "Yes, that was an interesting time in my life. I came to realize God's plan for me as a woman and my role in teaching. Now I've been set straight." :noidea:

She was in China last year telling women (new converts) they shouldn't speak and avoid praying in public. <facepalm>

Yet God is good and His mercy endures forever. Thankfully, there is hope and grace found in Jesus Christ.

:consoling2:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I heard one guy say that he did not believe women should preach because it brings a certain way and type of preaching that is not "manly".  Which I think is obvious, women are not men, but then he tied it to a slippery slope argument that it then led to allowing homosexual pastures.  I thought that was a large leap of logic.  But then he asked, "Do any churches that allow homosexuality not allow women pastures?"  Good question.  

Just a thought.

And what has all of this "Equal rights for women" brought us, some good things and some things not good.  Like the peasant class that the rich can fleece have now doubled its work force and dropped the need to raise wages to compete for labor retention.  The peasant class now relies on the sectarian state to raise their children in an academic environment that is hostile to the ways of God.  Kids go home to a single parent that is not there because there is not the need for Christians to stay married.  It kinda cracks me up in a sad way the the atheist obeys God more than the Evangelicals on God's teaching on marriage.  Ya, its a stat.

Well this certainly is not a cherrie post.

I go back and forth on this subject.  I do not know, but the other side needs to be considered.

Edited by Dwark

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

We must be suspect even in this module of thought of much - little, more - less, slave - free,

because the immediacy of begin are we reasoning from truth or error? As with God Who 'IS'

without measure but all 'IS' according to His good pleasure... As man given in God's good

pleasure so woman to man in that same good pleasure what is difference? I think none as

the evaluation 'IS' God's pleasure and not the begin... Love, Steven

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

1 Cor 14:34

34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

KJV

Spock: note here that Old testament is old testament, But Paul said as Also saith the law. He is in agreement with the law. now we are no longer under the law, But it would be still be good not to kill. not to bear false witness and so on. To Him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin, so as the law says not to kill we accept that as something good to do "not to kill" as well as Paul is saying they agree with the law that it is good women be under obedience, as the church is under obedience to Christ.

Not the "Law of Moses" Disciple, the "Law" as in the order that God set after the fall. "The Church of Christ was not mentioned until the New Testament when Christ said upon his glorious sacrifice he would build his Church. Though there are types of the Church of Christ in the Old Testament, there are no specific instruction found for the Church of Christ concerning women behaving in Church, that is found in the Epistles written by Christ's Apostles. The Law here is the subordination that God placed the woman under because of her original act of disobedience. 

Gen 3:16  To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you." 

so are you saying that that law still applies; that Women are under the men and if Not then are you saying that the epistles are wrong also when they say that Christ is head of the Church as men are head of the house? I mean can we have our cake and eat it to here, If The epistles are correct that Christ is head of the Church, and man is over the women. then there can be no lady in authority over any man, and be biblically correct, or do we say that part of the epistles is correct and part is wrong, so who determines which parts are right and which parts are wrong?????????

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

(Cont.)

Paul said he was a prisoner Of Jesus Christ. I guess that bondage would make you sad too. any where we find the Word "servant" in scriptures it could have very well been the word "slave" to be a servant/slave of Jesus Christ would make some sad. So God put things in order, even in Heaven, There is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, I guess the Son could puff up and say it should be the Son, the father and the Holy ghost or I guess the Holy Ghost could puff up and say it should be the Holy ghost the father and the Son, but then we wouldn't have one God, we would have 3 beings trying to be God. I shutter at just the thought that things would get out of the order that God has placed in heaven or as He would have them be. Thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven, I wonder how it would be if man would raise himself out of the order and put himself over Christ as some women has done and raised themselves over man.

1 Cor 11:1-3

11 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

KJV

I praise God that some women have fought off the temptation of pride, and say I am content to be in line with scriptures. the qualifications of a Bishop/pastor/overseer is to be the Husband, and not given to wine. so if one woman is qualified to pastor then all the drunks that want to be pastors should have their shot and drink it also and preach on, as women want their cake and to eat it also. for is not what we do when we say, Lord I will submit to you and your Word but only to the parts that I agree with. then Preach to their flocks to live according to scriptures.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

I beg to differ with you.What about all the women in the bible? Estersundayhver men. Anna was a prophet,Lydia led a group of women in prayer by the river but went on to work side by side with Paul to help build (witness and speak) the phillipian church. Priscilla aslo worked along side of Paul and her husband.

Jesus loves women and was even ministered to and supported by women. The first missionary ever sent was Mary at the tomb ofJesus appeared to her and told her to go tell the others. Iam praying for anyone out there who believes women have no place in ministry. If it Were not for women tere would be no church. Just look around every sunday.

Just because Paul ccorrected some women who were talking in the church over some men. (They had come together for the first time women and men worshiping together) is taken greatly out of context and while we all need correction at times it does not make us any less than a child of God. God loves us all men and women.

What about areas in which men can't mi ister

I beg to differ with you.What about all the women in the bible? Estersundayhver men. Anna was a prophet,Lydia led a group of women in prayer by the river but went on to work side by side with Paul to help build (witness and speak) the phillipian church. Priscilla aslo worked along side of Paul and her husband.

Jesus loves women and was even ministered to and supported by women. The first missionary ever sent was Mary at the tomb ofJesus appeared to her and told her to go tell the others. Iam praying for anyone out there who believes women have no place in ministry. If it Were not for women tere would be no church. Just look around every sunday.

Just because Paul ccorrected some women who were talking in the church over some men. (They had come together for the first time women and men worshiping together) is taken greatly out of context and while we all need correction at times it does not make us any less than a child of God. God loves us all men and women.

What about areas in which men can't mi ister

Thank you!  :thumbsup:

Paul said he was a prisoner Of Jesus Christ. I guess that bondage would make you sad too. any where we find the Word "servant" in scriptures it could have very well been the word "slave" to be a servant/slave of Jesus Christ would make some sad. So God put things in order, even in Heaven, There is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, I guess the Son could puff up and say it should be the Son, the father and the Holy ghost or I guess the Holy Ghost could puff up and say it should be the Holy ghost the father and the Son, but then we wouldn't have one God, we would have 3 beings trying to be God. I shutter at just the thought that things would get out of the order that God has placed in heaven or as He would have them be. Thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven, I wonder how it would be if man would raise himself out of the order and put himself over Christ as some women has done and raised themselves over man.

1 Cor 11:1-3

11 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

KJV

I praise God that some women have fought off the temptation of pride, and say I am content to be in line with scriptures. the qualifications of a Bishop/pastor/overseer is to be the Husband, and not given to wine. so if one woman is qualified to pastor then all the drunks that want to be pastors should have their shot and drink it also and preach on, as women want their cake and to eat it also. for is not what we do when we say, Lord I will submit to you and your Word but only to the parts that I agree with. then Preach to their flocks to live according to scriptures.

I praise God that some men have fought off the temptation of pride, and say I am content to be in line with scriptures.

One of the marks of a humble man: they listen to their wives. 

As Christ loves the church: what if He never listened to any of us, male or female?

Think about it.  Just because a woman is saying something doesn't automatically mean it's wrong, and just because a man says something doesn't mean it's right.

Praise God - He's always right, and He listens to us anyway!