• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1984

*blind post*

I believe that God gives different roles for men and women.  A lot of women today don't like their role because they don't like the biblical teaching of a man having authority over them.  People ask me all the time if men and women are equal and they aren't.  Really, this isn't a stab at women, saying they aren't capable of this or that...but God created us TO be different.  Our differences are important. 

Women have an important role in marriage and in our churches. 

I remember going to a Tuesday night bible study a few weeks back and it is usually a split study, men in one room and women in another, the pastor leading the guys and his wife leading the women.  But we decided to combine the service that day and his wife led our teaching.  None of the guys there had an issue with it.  She is a great bible teacher and one of the sweetest ladies I know. 

but when there's a meeting and decisions have to be made about the church, only men are allowed to make the decisions.  The board is all men.  To teach does not give anyone authority over one another. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Agreed we have different roles. It is not aboutt the gender of the Christian but whom Christ calls. Women have no problem with athority of men. ( not real Christian women) It is not about who is more important to God.

I would be very careful in discrediting someone male or female who God has called. What about Ester? She made many decisions and even rulled over men while Serving God. She was called in a time when women were not even worthy to be in the same room with men.This is why so many women in the bible storys are missing because of the culture of the time and men who felt their contribution to Christianity was unimportant.

I think a through study of the culture and womens roles in the bible times would definately help some who by no fault of their own have been taught wrong. God made me female he loves me I work in ministry. I was called. If you have problems whith that speak to God.

I am ptaying for you all. Certainly if there are men in ministry we are to respect them. The same should be for the women.

Do you remember the woman with an issue of blood? There were 2 reasons Jesus said, "Who touched me?" 1. He knew who had touched him. The deciples didn't. The woman had faith to just touch the hem of his garment her faith healed her that day. 2. In those days a woman who came into the presence of a group of all males was considered a harlot if not in the company of a husband a father or other male relitive. Jesus called out, "Who touched me to call attention to the woman. She was sincere in her faith. She braved the masses even risked being stoned. Praise God she was healed!

What about her decision..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

What about areas in which men cannot minister? Womens shelters, abused raped brorken women do not trust men. Abused children also. God calls who he knows is gifted to minister in situations. Male or female we are all called to minister in whatever ways we are gifted. That is scripture.

I am also a prisioner of Christ. Hardly the magnatude of Paul. But blessed and equipped for service in my brokeness. We should all follow the scriptures for ministering.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

:amen: when Scripture is more than our physical exist we are made able to minister Spiritually...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

you gotta look at the context of the letter

- who was the author addressing to?

- what was happening in the church?

- what was happening in the city?

- why did the author say that specifically?

Edited by Adsy86

• Group:  Advanced Member

Well there's no problem with women leading other women.  The women run the nursery, women's ministry, women's jail ministry, children's ministry, etc.  It's not saying women cannot teach or be inspired. I think of Joyce Meyers for example.  Not everyone believes everything she says, but God has used her in a HUGE way and helped probably millions of women.  So like I said, God has an important role in the church and in their homes.  They are the glue that holds everything together. Usually in most families, is the a mom or grandma who is the matriarch that everyone follows and has all the wisdom, etc.  In my family, it's my grandpa, but most families I know it's their grandma. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I beg to differ with you.What about all the women in the bible? Estersundayhver men. Anna was a prophet,Lydia led a group of women in prayer by the river but went on to work side by side with Paul to help build (witness and speak) the phillipian church. Priscilla aslo worked along side of Paul and her husband.

Jesus loves women and was even ministered to and supported by women. The first missionary ever sent was Mary at the tomb ofJesus appeared to her and told her to go tell the others. Iam praying for anyone out there who believes women have no place in ministry. If it Were not for women tere would be no church. Just look around every sunday.

Just because Paul ccorrected some women who were talking in the church over some men. (They had come together for the first time women and men worshiping together) is taken greatly out of context and while we all need correction at times it does not make us any less than a child of God. God loves us all men and women.

What about areas in which men can't mi ister

I agree with this

Yes we have a leading role as a collective, but women are called to lead alongside them in their own areas - I believe that at the end the man makes the final decision (of course after prayer and all of that) but before that, the woman is there for guidance as well. It's still 1 team

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

*blind post*

I believe that God gives different roles for men and women.  A lot of women today don't like their role because they don't like the biblical teaching of a man having authority over them.  People ask me all the time if men and women are equal and they aren't.  Really, this isn't a stab at women, saying they aren't capable of this or that...but God created us TO be different.  Our differences are important. 

So you're seriously saying women are less than men?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

It's a difficult question to answer with authority. We know what the bible says (whether we like it or not), but as my pastor asks," if women are running a church where are the men? ". 

What I am trying to say is that we all have responsibilities, and if we met them as the bible tells us to do, we would not even be debating this.

I do know that when all 42 kg of my wife starts to speak of Jesus, people put down what they are doing and listen. Me included. But she often starts off by saying "me and "Fez" were talking about...."

It's teamwork as it should be, and it can't be said better than this....

Pro 31:10  An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. 
Pro 31:11  The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. 
Pro 31:12  She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life. 
Pro 31:13  She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands. 
Pro 31:14  She is like the ships of the merchant; she brings her food from afar. 
Pro 31:15  She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens. 
Pro 31:16  She considers a field and buys it; with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard. 
Pro 31:17  She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong. 
Pro 31:18  She perceives that her merchandise is profitable. Her lamp does not go out at night. 
Pro 31:19  She puts her hands to the distaff, and her hands hold the spindle. 
Pro 31:20  She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy. 
Pro 31:21  She is not afraid of snow for her household, for all her household are clothed in scarlet. 
Pro 31:22  She makes bed coverings for herself; her clothing is fine linen and purple. 
Pro 31:23  Her husband is known in the gates when he sits among the elders of the land. 
Pro 31:24  She makes linen garments and sells them; she delivers sashes to the merchant. 
Pro 31:25  Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. 
Pro 31:26  She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. 
Pro 31:27  She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. 
Pro 31:28  Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: 
Pro 31:29  "Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all." 
Pro 31:30  Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. 
Pro 31:31  Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates. 

She is buying, selling providing, nurturing, trustworthy and Loves God. Her husband and her children love her. She teaches kindness with wisdom.

Now if only the men out there can match this, we have an unbeatable team.

• Group:  Advanced Member

*blind post*

So you're seriously saying women are less than men?

No I never said that.  I said they aren't equal.  You automatically assume I think women are less than men?  I think, to be a true leader in the household, I am the one who is less because I am to serve my wife, meet her needs and submit myself to Christ and His leadership.  We each have roles and the roles aren't equal.  God designed it that way.  I believe over the centuries men have abused the verses about wives submitting to their husbands by treating women like slaves.  But I personally think having a wife makes me a stronger man.