• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

Did God remove free-will by reavealing miracles?  If not, why does He not do them know when we could document them.  The cliche one is to restore an amputated limb.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Did God remove free-will by reavealing miracles?  If not, why does He not do them know when we could document them.  The cliche one is to restore an amputated limb.

Hi,

No, God doesn't remove free will by revealing miracles. People could see miracles in front of them or experience a healing themselves and still have walk away from it, instead of entering into a relationship with Him. Miracles confirm the reality of the Gospel, but never force someone to accept it.

God does do many miracles that are documented. Harvard sent a team to Mozambique to check and see if the reports of the blind and deaf being healed are true and after seeing a row of 16 of them, there is documented proof. I heard Rolland Baker mention that when he was speaking at a conference. Here's an article I found on it.

http://letterstocreationists.wordpress.com/2010/10/11/study-healing-miracles-in-mozambique/

John Mellor, a healing evangelist in Australia, has made multiple news stations in Australia because of many documented healings. One of which a child was paralyzed and couldn't speak, two weeks after he prayed, the child regained full mobility and started talking. You can find those news clips on youtube.

There is a rise in healing documentaries after the success of Finger of God, Furious Love, and Father of lights. Which are documentaries about the power, nature, and character of God. Those films show many miracles, from the Lord healing Muslims in Jerusalem with Todd White , to deliverances in an occult shop with Robby Dawkins, and even the deaf hearing with Heidi Baker. The next film Holy Ghost, is going to go from the Vatican, to a Korn Concert, and all over the world to demonstrate who the Holy Spirit is. Other documentaries such as Deadraiser, Paid in Full, Compelled by Love, reveal the awesome power of God.

I do a lot of street ministry and I'm blessed to see many touched, healed, and restored in the arms of Jesus. On the street, when someone gets healed, it's to confirm the Gospel, trying to get documented proof after they've been healed from them would be a distraction. They get healed, not so I can prove to the world that God still heals, but so a God who heals can demonstrate His love for them in a personal way. I know many who were healed of  a condition and went to the doctors and the doctors declared they were healed, but documenting it as "God did this" is a different story. There are many "medical miracles" as they're labeled. that never get attributed to God. For example, my friend Judi, a 70 year old lady that suffered from a bad sciatica and one of her legs was shorter than the other. One day, we were praying for her and she was healed. She went to the doctors and the chiropractor and they declared she didn't have that problem anymore but refused to see it as a miracle. Another one, during the shooting at Clackamas Town Center, one girl was shot, and was in the hospital. Through prayer she had an accelerated healing and was on the news because of this "Medical Miracle" but at the end of the article she attributed it to Jesus, but on the channel, they cut the interview off right before she gave credit to Jesus.

I wonder, who really determines what "documented" is?

One thing I've noticed, where miracles are celebrated to the praise of God, more miracles happen. Where the praise of God is buried because of suspicion and unbelief, few miracles happen. Many try to disprove it to the point if they find out that it's true, they have no praise left for God. I rejoice when I hear testimonies of God healing. That is my God, I love what He does, and He's the same God now as He is in the bible. 

Now with amputees. I've been stepping out and praying for more of them, because that's something I want to see breakthrough in. I can say that those are the hardest for me to pray for because I struggle for the faith to believe God would do it. I'm growing, and I will see breakthrough in this area. Jesus is a healer and He can heal any sickness. He healed the maimed in the bible, so He can do it today.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1987

I believe that I am a miracle. To be living a life in darkness and having God miraculously turning me around and putting me on the right path is a miracle!

I understand what "miracles" you are referring to. I hear stories of them taking place all over esp in countries like Africa. Our problem is a lack of Faith. We (Western Christians as a whole) have become so self-dependent and so intellectual that we do not rely on God and God alone like they did in Acts times. We are much smarter as a generation and that makes us want to figure everything out. That is NOT faith, and clearly it takes faith to manifest miracles. Intellectualism stunts the growth of faith

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

yes,the  miracle means GOD is exist,and sth is do come from GOD,not human origin,so the most important sigh GOD reveal himself is from the  miracle

God is a healer. His miracles bring life. People nowadays have a distorted view of what life really is. We do document them..people walking out of wheelchairs, healings in the church on youtube etc...but what does an atheist see when he sees that? He sees the video as a scam put on by a bunch of rednecks and swindlers.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

God does not follow after foolishness.  God has proven time and again that people will deny him even after given physical miracles.  The miracle of the restoration of the man with a withered hand did nothing but offend the Pharisees of the day.  People who demand to see such things as the restoration of an amputated arm before they are willing to believe have already denied many miracles far more amazing than that.  They have convinced themselves that there is no God and that all of this that we see came from nothing and is heading nowhere.  It is true that the fool has said in his heart that there is no God.

Man in his foolishness has thought that if he can come up with a reasonable, to him, conclusion then his thoughts become fact.  Especially when he can repeatedly get a result to happen via that which he calls knowledge.  He underestimates God and his folly will ultimately be his destruction.  

The only thing required to enter into a positive rather than negative relationship with God is to honestly seek to know the truth by going to the source himself and asking for help.  You need not the testimony of man though God may choose to use men to testify unto you.  If you want to know God, get alone in a place where no one else is and talk to him honestly about what you think and feel and then watch what God does using people, places and things around you.  My experience is that God was willing to move both heaven and earth to reveal himself unto me and help me to become rightly related to him.  God preformed various miracles during my journey but none of which I asked him to do.  God showed me a great number of signs and wonders along the way but none of which I asked him to do.  And after I had matured a bit, he took me on a journey into my past and showed me many interactions that he already had with me that I knew not of as well as other various miracles he preformed that I did not understand to be such at the time.

God is amazing.  Taste and see that the Lord is good.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,271
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

Yes God does do miracles today. The greatest miracle of all is the forgiveness of sin and the new life of Him being born in us. Jesus did one miracle in the Bible just to prove He had the power to forgive sin.

In Jesus' day He fed the thousands both in Israel and among the gentiles, and people started following Him around for a free meal. So He stopped doing it. God often does miracles in nations like India where the Gospel is not often heard and the people are desperately poor and in need. His heart of compassion has not changed. It is our hearts that become calloused where we have come to think we know more than God or that we have no need of Him. Sometimes people try to manipulate God as though they were in control instead of bowing to Him as Lord of creation. They want to see Him work miracles as if they just want Him to entertain them. Where does it say, I piped but You did not dance?. We still tend to think that God should jump through our hoops. That is not acknowledging Him as God Who does as He pleases.

Jesus healed 10 lepers and told them to go to the priest to be declared clean. They all had free will. Only one came back and fell at His feet and worshipped Him in thanksgiving. They all had been healed but only one CHOSE to believe that He is the Messiah. Jesus then made him whole, which means his sins were also forgiven I would think.

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  6

Did God remove free-will by reavealing miracles?  If not, why does He not do them know when we could document them.  The cliche one is to restore an amputated limb.[/

I think God is still in the business of miracles, probably third world countries of places without churches and bibles.

As for your free will mention, I do not see them ( free Will and miracles) being dependent on each other.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

If He wants to He does.And if it brings Glory to Him.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The greatest miracle being done today is the restraint of his Wrath against an evil world full of disobedient and gainsaying peoples.  That is miraculous.