• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

The glory of earning it. (w.Glyn Evans

I must settle once and for all the difference between my right and my privileges. To be called a "son of God" is my right (1 John 1:12) but the expression of that sonship is a privileges that I must earn

Even Jesus,the eternal Son of God,had to earn a better name then the angels (Hebrews 4 1:4)

Sonship with God come to me when I express faith in Jesus Christ,but the glory of my sonship comes to me only when I am faithful  to my calling.

How I love the "overwhelming" of Revelations 2 and 3 :To him who overcomes ,said Jesus to His followers ,I will give ......

What wonderful things He grants or bestows on ,His servants,the tree of life ,hidden manna ,power over nations,open praise,a new name,and a throne of glory .

And yet each of these is not given unconditionally,it is bestowed on me as I overcome. The overcomes earns the privilege,and unless he does indeed earn

it,none of it will be given,even through he is a son of God.

That is what I read about Jesus.

Therefore....God highly exalted Him,and bestowed on Him the name which is above every other name. (Phill 2:9 )

The glory that Jesus earns now is earned glory,a glory that the Father bestowed on Him only after He made Himself on no reputation,took upon Himself the form of a servant ,became a man,and obeyed even to the cross.

So it must be with me.

My sonship with  God is merely the seed out  of which I am to reap a harvest of dedicated discipleship ,the result of which will be rewards,recognition ,honor and praise.

God forbid that it should ever be said of me he did not live up to his birth promise !

Rather ,by Gods help ,may I hear Him say "I have counted you worthy of the kingdom ( 2Thess.1 :5 . I am in the Kingdom by grace .

I am worthy of the kingdom by obedient sonship."

"Althrough He was a Son,He learned obedience from the things which He suffered" (Hebrews 5:8) 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

To be counted worthy is also by God's grace. Only He is worthy, and that is why we will cast our crowns at the feet of Jesus, the Lamb of God. God enables us both to will and to do His good pleasure. He will give us grace to endure what we must endure.

We are told that he who endures to the end shall be saved. That means that those who are apostates and fall away during the end times will not be saved. But Jesus kept all that the Father gave Him in John, and He continues to keep His own who are fully committed to Him as their Lord and Savior.

So I fail to understand this post very well. I don't see that I will ever be counted worthy of anything but for the grace of God. There will be nothing for me to boast about. I will owe it all to Jesus.

Wiilamina,something went wrong with the post I posted sorry..........I will go over it again!

To be counted worthy is also by God's grace. Only He is worthy, and that is why we will cast our crowns at the feet of Jesus, the Lamb of God. God enables us both to will and to do His good pleasure. He will give us grace to endure what we must endure.

We are told that he who endures to the end shall be saved. That means that those who are apostates and fall away during the end times will not be saved. But Jesus kept all that the Father gave Him in John, and He continues to keep His own who are fully committed to Him as their Lord and Savior.

So I fail to understand this post very well. I don't see that I will ever be counted worthy of anything but for the grace of God. There will be nothing for me to boast about. I will owe it all to Jesus.

Amen..I completely agree,it's only by Gods grace we will see the Kingdom and reap rewards,the rewards we get will depend on our life on earth.

Only God knows who are really born again,if you are really born again you do want to follow Jesus -

It is only through Jesus death and by believing He died for us that God will say "I have counted you worthy of the Kingdom of God.

What a day that be be ,when my Jesus  I shall see!

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Angels & to you also,Willa!

I heard a beautiful sermon this morning about being counted as Worthy......I was half asleep & thought I was dreaming the wonderful Word I was hearing ,only to wake up & realize that it was the television-LOl    It is not that we have never heard it before but the way in which it was said was refreshing...lets see if I can share this with you & bring you the joy that I have this early morning?

In the Old Testament when the people would err & wanted to be freed from their sins & receive forgiveness they would make a sacrifice to the Lord.They would pick out the very best lamb from their flocks,they looked for the lamb that had no defect,no imperfection,no spots,no blemish...the perfect lamb.They would then bring that lamb to the high priest for inspection,the high priest would closely examine that lamb to make sure it was perfect...less than perfect would not be an acceptable sacrifice to present to God.The high priests did not question the person who brought the sacrificial lamb (the sinner) he did not cross examine this person & ask if he truly sought forgiveness if he really had a repentant heart,he only looked at the perfect lamb to be sure it was worthy to be sacrificed.

When we confess that Jesus is our Lord & Savior,He is that perfect Lamb.....We can stand before God and the only thing God sees is The Worthy Sacrifice,without spot,without defect or blemish,acceptable,approved...The Perfect Lamb!So if ever you may feel not worthy,not approved by the weight of sin condemnation....just be reminded that you are counted as righteous,pleasing & acceptable by God because of the Worthy Lamb Of God..........Holy,Holy,Holy,Hosannah in the Highest!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Amen this is what it is all about to praise God for so much grace and we shall praise Him !

We serve a Holy God full who loves sinners like you and me and the whole world.for whosoever comes...

Holy,Holy,Holy,Hosannah in the Highest!

And whosoever comes let Him take the water of life freely Rev.22:17 :)

Jesus said :It's free and why are there so many people who don't want to drink of this water? It's the best water availibe  !

But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Yes!!! Amen!!!! :) God is SO WORTHY TO BE PRAISED as he is GOOD!!!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

glorify God in everything we say, think, and do.... always dangers and difficulties ahead but as a christian with right focus on God's will and not my own to press onward and upward.

So I don't understand this fully, but do you mean christians are needing to earn certain aspects or things from god? how? and in what way?  Maybe Im not understanding the post properly.

ps, you're in canada? nice! canucks unite!!

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

So I don't understand this fully, but do you mean christians are needing to earn certain aspects or things from god? how? and in what way?  Maybe Im not understanding the post properly.

ps, you're in canada? nice! canucks unite!!

The only people who are counted worthy by God are those who have received Jesus Christ into their lives. They have repented of their sins and lean wholy on the perfection of Jesus, who is totally sinless; when He went to the cross and took our imperfection and sin on Himself, he paid for our ransom by dying in our place. But he bestowed His perfect righteousness on us, which is placed on our account. So God finds us to be righteous because of what Jesus has done. We are then born again of and sealed by the Holly Spirit; God writes our names in the Lamb's book of life. Nothing we can do will earn or add to our salvation. But we do want to bring glory to His name by living a life worthy of our calling. We give our lives to Him. We read His word daily so that we can grow to think about things the way God does. Slowly we learn to act more like Jesus, to love like He does and to forgive the way He does.