angels4u

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Pride is the only thing that leads one to think they have earned anything spiritually, Jesus Taught the He was the true Vine, and the Branch can't do anything unless it is attached to the Vine. For all the Glory if any that I achieve, Belongs to Jesus. sure scriptures says that we must overcome, But it also tells us who are the ones that overcome: 1 John 5:5

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

KJV

and it also tells us how we overcome: 1 John 4:4

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

KJV

we only overcome because we are His, and he dwells in us.

so angels4u I hate to bust your bubble, all believers have overcome, you not that super natural. it is God that is in you that should be getting the Credit, and you should be giving God the glory, instead of patting yourself on the back.

What I think.

All believers get certain benefits in the after life, as coheirs with Christ, none of that is earned by us.

What do you do with the Judgment Seat of Christ unto believers and Paul's expectation of running the race for

reward?

our works are tried by fire 1 cor. our bad works are burned up, our good work brought forth as a reward, But the man Himself is saved, regardless of his works. we are saved by grace through faith, and not that of ourselves. Our reward will be as jewels in our crown and then we will place this crown at His feet.

Rev 4:10-11

10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

KJV.

didn't paul say that only one won the race, are you saying that only one will receive a reward, in heaven or only one will get to heaven?????

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

What I think.

All believers get certain benefits in the after life, as coheirs with Christ, none of that is earned by us.

What do you do with the Judgment Seat of Christ unto believers and Paul's expectation of running the race for

reward?

our works are tried by fire 1 cor. our bad works are burned up, our good work brought forth as a reward, But the man Himself is saved, regardless of his works. we are saved by grace through faith, and not that of ourselves. Our reward will be as jewels in our crown and then we will place this crown at His feet.

10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

KJV.

didn't paul say that only one won the race, are you saying that only one will receive a reward, in heaven or only one will get to heaven?????

1 Cor 15:28

28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will

also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

NKJV

this is the Oneness aspect of reward into eternal state being in perfect harmony to

the Glory of God Who 'IS' One... I get all funny inwardly in the thought I will be

there despite me because of Him Who delivers-> 'then Jesus' takes all this glory we

have in Him and presents all this unto The Father. As in Their councils from eternity

past we began in Their thoughts-> now we in that thought realized enter with Them in

Their eternal councils... Wow all that entails will fill each of us as They have

always known so now we will know! Love, Steven

What I think.

reward?

KJV.

also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

NKJV

this is the Oneness aspect of reward into eternal state being in perfect harmony to

the Glory of God Who 'IS' One... I get all funny inwardly in the thought I will be

there despite me because of Him Who delivers-> 'then Jesus' takes all this glory we

have in Him and presents all this unto The Father. As in Their councils from eternity

past we began in Their thoughts-> now we in that thought realized enter with Them in

Their eternal councils... Wow all that entails will fill each of us as They have

I don't see what this has to do with the thread, we got someone bragging that they earn glory, when we are to give all the Glory to the One God, three beings that make up that one God, Jesus Himself prayed Father glorify thy Son that the Son may glorify You. I thought we were to stay with the thought of each thread? The Son is the Glory of the Father:

Rev 21:23

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

KJV

What I think.

reward?

KJV.

NKJV

I don't see what this has to do with the thread, we got someone bragging that they earn glory, when we are to give all the Glory to the One God, three beings that make up that one God, Jesus Himself prayed Father glorify thy Son that the Son may glorify You. I thought we were to stay with the thought of each thread? The Son is the Glory of the Father:

Rev 21:23

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

KJV

By explaining what glory 'IS' do you not think it brings us closer to the

understanding of the reward and it's purpose? :) Love, Steven

:thumbsup:

Glory~!

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. Luke 17:10

Glory~!

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

Glory~!

Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. Isaiah 6:5

Glory~!

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. Isaiah 57:15

To The LORD Of LORDS~!

:thumbsup:

Glory~!

So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. Luke 17:10

Glory~!

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

Glory~!

Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. Isaiah 6:5

Glory~!

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. Isaiah 57:15

To The LORD Of LORDS~!

It is the total of what we are released in affirmation of Him Who 'IS' Worthy to receive all...

His all to become ours in That Glory of Him within The Everlasting City where God and His Family dwell into the eternity!

Thanks Joe! Love You, Steven

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/28/1952

I thank the Lord that I'm saved by grace!!

There is absolutely nothing I can do to save myself,but because I'm so thankful that Jesus saved me !

2 Cor  5:10:

For all of us must appear before the judgement seat of Christ, so that each may receive recompense for what has been done in the body, whether good or evil.

Each one will receive His own reward ACCORDING TO HIS OWN LABOR.” (1 Corinthians 3:8)

1. THE INCORRUPTIBLE CROWN:     (I Corinthians 9:25).  25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air.27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

2. THE CROWN OF REJOICING:     (I Thessalonians. 2:19).  19 For who is our hope or joy or crown of exultation? Is it not even you, in the presence of our Lord Jesus at His [a]coming?

3. THE CROWN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS:     (II Timothy 4:8).  This crown will be given for those who love His appearing and who live their lives anticipating Christ's soon return.

4. THE CROWN OF GLORY:     (I Peter 5:4).  And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading [a]crown of glory.

5. THE CROWN OF LIFE:     (Revelation 2:10).  10 Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to cast some of you into prison, so that you will be tested, and you will have tribulation for ten days.[a]Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

This is something that I am grateful too.  It is only when I come to the end of myself, that God is able to work through me to accomplish what He wants to.  I tried and tried for years to "earn" my way to heaven.  In my opinion, and understanding of God's teaching, Jesus made the final sacrifice for our sins.  He said "it is finished".  :) Praise His Holy Name:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

The glory of earning it. (w.Glyn Evans

I must settle once and for all the difference between my right and my privileges. To be called a "son of God" is my right (1 John 1:12) but the expression of that sonship is a privileges that I must earn

Even Jesus,the eternal Son of God,had to earn a better name then the angels (Hebrews 4 1:4)

Sonship with God come to me when I express faith in Jesus Christ,but the glory of my sonship comes to me only when I am faithful  to my calling.

How I love the "overwhelming" of Revelations 2 and 3 :To him who overcomes ,said Jesus to His followers ,I will give ......

What wonderful things He grants or bestows on ,His servants,the tree of life ,hidden manna ,power over nations,open praise,a new name,and a throne of glory .

And yet each of these is not given unconditionally,it is bestowed on me as I overcome. The overcomes earns the privilege,and unless he does indeed earn

it,none of it will be given,even through he is a son of God.

That is what I read about Jesus.

Therefore....God highly exalted Him,and bestowed on Him the name which is above every other name. (Phill 2:9 )

The glory that Jesus earns now is earned glory,a glory that the Father bestowed on Him only after He made Himself on no reputation,took upon Himself the form of a servant ,became a man,and obeyed even to the cross.

So it must be with me.

My sonship with  God is merely the seed out  of which I am to reap a harvest of dedicated discipleship ,the result of which will be rewards,recognition ,honor and praise.

God forbid that it should ever be said of me he did not live up to his birth promise !

Rather ,by Gods help ,may I hear Him say "I have counted you worthy of the kingdom ( 2Thess.1 :5 . I am in the Kingdom by grace .

I am worthy of the kingdom by obedient sonship."

"Althrough He was a Son,He learned obedience from the things which He suffered" (Hebrews 5:8) 

Just because Jesus was born in human form does not mean that he lost his status as Son of God. He never had to earn the right to be called Son of God. He was always the Son of God to the angels. That position was never taken from Him and he never  had to earn a position because He was God of very God. I disagree with this whole article. We have no glory of our own and it is only His blood which covers us which give us any righteousness. To take any glory from Jesus unto ourselves is sinful and wrong. Jesus did not have to learn obedience to the will of the Father because He agreed to do this before the foundation of the earth. 

This whole article by Glyn Evans is not scriptural. Jesus never had to earn any glory! He never lost it. It was the glory of the Father.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Jesus was not just a son ,He was the only begotten Son of God.

The Bible tells us that He learned obedience  by the things  which He suffered.

He learned obedience and was always subject to His father's will.

Isaiah 50:4-9

The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue,
    to know the word that sustains the weary.
He wakens me morning by morning,
    wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed.
The Sovereign Lord has opened my ears;
    I have not been rebellious,
    I have not turned away.
I offered my back to those who beat me,
    my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard;
I did not hide my face
    from mocking and spitting.
Because the Sovereign Lord helps me,
    I will not be disgraced.
Therefore have I set my face like flint,
    and I know I will not be put to shame.
He who vindicates me is near.
    Who then will bring charges against me?
    Let us face each other!
Who is my accuser?
    Let him confront me!
It is the Sovereign Lord who helps me.
    Who will condemn me?
They will all wear out like a garment;
    the moths will eat them up.

Every morning His ear was opened to receive instructions from His Father for that day.He delighted to do the will of God,even if it ment going to the cross,He did not turn back but willingly gave Himself over to suffering and shame.

What a Savior we serve!