IGNORED

does love your enemy mean the christian should avoid supporting wars?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

Nobody supports war, but they do support protecting the innocent, elderly, children and anyone else that are being evilly oppressed but others.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1987

If someone attacked us, I would probably enlist to defend my country. I will not fight old rich men's wars over seas. I am ex-military, too. At the same time, I have a heard time believing that Jesus would ever shoot someone, no matter what. If I am supposed to be like him... It's a hard topic. I just hope it never comes to it.

That's a good question.

I think christians are against starting wars,

but they're for defending themselves if an enemy approaches.

What do you think? :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/29/1971

Luke 22:35-37

Amplified Bible (AMP)

35 And He said to them, When I sent you out with no purse or [provision] bag or sandals, did you lack anything? They answered, Nothing!

36 Then He said to them, But now let him who has a purse take it, and also [his provision] bag; and let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy a sword.

Did Jesus just ask me to buy a sword?  :biggrin2: 

God obviously has no problem with going to war.  The Israelites have been in war since the old testament and God supported it.  We can defend ourselves and try and prevent the plans meant to harm people.  You have to remember wars are suppose to save more lives in the long run than lost and lead to peace.

We dropped an atomic bomb in WW2 that killed hundreds of thousands and it saved estimated millions.

Jesus was on a mission here on earth as the lamb of God.  Yet when he returns he will be King of Kings and Lord of Lords with his vestment dipped in blood declaring war on the Antichrist and his followers.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

God is not against killing in all circumstances,but only murder.War is never a good thing but sometimes necessary.In a world filled with sinful people,war is inevitable.

"Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,that you may be sons of your Father in heaven" Matthew 5:44-45.Jesus said that loving those who love us is easy and even unbelievers can do that.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

do y know how the Muslims conquered Central Asia?

they destroyed the Buddhism nations one after another,killed countless Buddhists

if what they conquered was not the Buddhism nations ,but the Christian nations

do y love them ,and pray for them?

if y do

how about the Crusader?

if y do

why don't y pray for Bin Laden and love him?---y killed him

and about GOD:

HOW to explain so many massacres in OT?how to explain the final slaughter in REV in BIBLE?

and Judah,why GOD the father and GOD the son did not forgive him and love him?

yes ,y can say Judah's death is  suicide,but without GOD's permission,he would not die

why GOD didn't forgive Judah and set a great example of forgiving?

If someone attacked us, I would probably enlist to defend my country. I will not fight old rich men's wars over seas. I am ex-military, too. At the same time, I have a heard time believing that Jesus would ever shoot someone, no matter what. If I am supposed to be like him... It's a hard topic. I just hope it never comes to it.

:thumbsup:

Your words were found, and I devoured them. Your words are my joy and my heart's delight, because I am called by your name, O LORD God of Armies. Jeremiah 15:16 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

~

Don't

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me. I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.

Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people. Deuteronomy 32:39-43

Mess

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Romans 12:19

With Jesus~!

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God; That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh. Revelation 19:11-21

Amen?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/08/1968

AMEN!!!!!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,268
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

Sylvia, God is love, but He is also righteous and just. He is very patient and offers every opportunity for wicked nations to repent, but eventually He does judge nations as well as people.

Some people are so full of wickedness and hatred that they brutally kill women, babies and children, not warriors and soldiers. This was

The sort of person we understood Ben Laden to be as well as those who orchastrated the destruction of the world trade center where people from all nations were killed. These acts of terrorism are particularly evil. We could say that they posessed the spirit of the antichrist as did Hitler, the ceasars of the early church, and other evil rulers throughout history. The muslim religion states that those who do not convert should be killed. For that reason nations have been forced to try to stop its progression over the centuries. The people who went to war against it during the crusades were not necessarily born again Christians.. But the knights of those days did have a noble code of ethics that may have had greater allegiance to their kings than to God. There were certainly many atrocities during that time.

Most of us did not hate Ben Laden as much as we were angry, but he declaired himself a hater of our nation and stated that he intended to destroy us. Moreover he was becoming increasingly able to execute his plans. Many of us did pray for his salvation in hopes that he would repent.

Soldiers came to be baptized by John the Baptist. Jesus healed the servant of a centurion, an officer of the Roman army. God also had the Gospel preached to another centurion, the first time the apostles were sent to gentiles like you and me. Never were they told it was evil to be a soldier. God encourages us to come under authority and opposes anarchy.

I do not question God's idea of justice. He understands how evil they have become much better than we can, and He is totally fair and righteous. I say that fully understanding that my nation deserves His judgement.. I pray for His grace and mercy for His children and that many will yet come to repentance. But God does all things well.