IGNORED

What to do?

GoofyGirl

Guest AFlameOfFire

Scriptures show us how the word perfect is used too, though I have found that not many quote them for some reason

Maybe you can present the scriptures and explain them AFlame. 

I just observe and posted what I notice, and not "push it"

Although I have before at other forums,  I am not to be a teacher

I just thought it good enough to take note how the scriptures are hardly ever presented there.

Hopefully a man will take up teaching, 

Thats not my job, I just weigh out what the men say and decide for myself whose lips I will adhere to

There is no perfect Christian,

Romans 3:23  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Ephesians 2:8-9  For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--  (9)  not by works, so that no one can boast.

Remember you are not boasting in your own ability but Jesus'.  If someone points out your sin acknowledge it and repent.

~

I agree with ninhou... and add.....if you have the chance to tell others about the "good news" ....do it.  It's not your personal testimony that will save the lost...it will be the Holy Spirit taking the word of God and quickening it to their heart....in other words ..its the work of the Holy Spirit...not yours.

:thumbsup:

Nine That Agree

~

Scriptures show us how the word perfect is used too, though I have found that not many quote them for some reason

~

Master

The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master. Luke 6:40

Walk

And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. Mark 8:34

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

I wasn't sure which topic to post this under so I chose Worthy Q & A.

I was just thinking about something. I know god uses us to help/encourage others etc. But I keep thinking we have to be all saved & "perfect"  etc before we start "preaching" or giving them advice about god (e.g trust in god etc) otherwise people would look at our lives &  we'd look like hypocrites. But then my friend told me that god used a lot of people in the bible who doubted, murderers etc. So if we had the chance to witness or encourage someone/give advice but our life doesn't seem 'sinless or perfect' like most people would picture christians,  what do we do?

No one is perfect.We all have imperfections in our past.We as Christian are forgiven.Jesus has not only forgiven our sins he has forgotten them.We as humans could never say that.Whenever you get the opportunity to tell someone how much Jesus loves them then go for it :mgcheerful:

Guest AFlameOfFire

There is no perfect Christian,

Romans 3:23  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Ephesians 2:8-9  For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--  (9)  not by works, so that no one can boast.

Remember you are not boasting in your own ability but Jesus'.  If someone points out your sin acknowledge it and repent.

~

I agree with ninhou... and add.....if you have the chance to tell others about the "good news" ....do it.  It's not your personal testimony that will save the lost...it will be the Holy Spirit taking the word of God and quickening it to their heart....in other words ..its the work of the Holy Spirit...not yours.

:thumbsup:

Nine That Agree

~

~

Master

The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master. Luke 6:40

Walk

And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. Mark 8:34

Amen FresnoJoe, even as John wrote (concerning "the walk")

1John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him "ought himself also" so to walk, even "as he" walked.

There are many others, like having ones fruit unto perfection (or the reasons given for why not).

Not to mention even what the scriptures are for, and so that the man of God may indeed be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. So likewise did they teach every man in all wisdom themselves; that they may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.

Now James also tells us how to identify the perfect man (not that there arent any who are perfect). Paul mentions he could not speak to some (as unto spiritual) but as unto carnal (even those who walked like men) verses walking as Christ. It would "seem" Paul's speaking would adjust depending on his audience since he also said, "Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect"

I know you will know where to find these variously since you quote the scriptures (which is much appreciated by the way).

But heres the cool part,  just as grace and truth come by Christ,  it speaks of the effect of Christ (and in relation to the same). For example, sin shall not have dominion over you for you are not under the law but under this grace. The verse itself implies the effectual of this grace (which come by Christ) will not allow sin to rule over you under the same.

As if the very power of God (Christ) which works in you is that which subdues ones iniquities under Him.

And given grace is for the obedience of the faith it makes sense that its not a license for the contrary but teaches us more specifically in denying worldy and ungodly lusts and for us to live righteously and soberly in this present world. Which again "seems" to inform us it is possible (in the present tense) to live righteously and to go onto perfection regardless of our past sins.

For while we "were yet" sinners Christ died for us. We awake to righteousness and sin not, but none of us could say we have not sinned (for all have sinned) in the past. Sinners (for who Christ died) called to be saints because we arent called to continue in sin (or work all manner of uncleaness) but put on holiness.

The only one without sin (even obedient unto death) was Jesus and yet even Christ was made perfect through sufferings. Whereas elsewhere it testifies that as Christ suffered for us in the flesh, we are to arm ourselves with the same mind likewise. This is followed by, " for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

So it shows us (in the present tense) we can live to either the lusts of men or the will of God.

I agree with the verse you posted in combination even as it says, they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. Even the denying of oneself  come in the same right there as well.

Good job, and God bless you