• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

BUT, as Satan comes to torment Jesus in Hell and he's watching him, suddenly Jesus comes back to life - the only man to ever escape Hell - and puts Satan and all his host into a parade and parades him defeated and spoiled in front of all the angels.

Which scripture do you use to make this claim ?

I am with Shiloh and ninhao in this. Show the scripture or retract the theory please.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

What baffles me in scripture is not the sin of a particular created being - I know my own tendency to sin so I am not amazed by that same tendency in others. Nor am I amazed and baffeled by God's judgement, no matter how bloody and unfair it may seem to some - for truly not a single one of us deserve to take our next breadth rather we are all deserving of God's immediate judgement. 

No, what amazing me is God's grace - that he has chosen to place his love upon a wretch like me and send his own son, the Lord Jesus Christ into this world, to bear my sin and my guilt in his own body so that I can then be clothed in his rightous and called a son of the living God - that is what baffles me, God's amazing grace! 

Edited by Reformed Baptist

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

i dont get how people could choose to worship the devil instead of God. He alone is worthy to be praised, honored, gloried and worshipped. I dont get why people make a satans fan club so to speak it just makes no sense. he is not appealing in anyway.  I love and choose Jesus the one who died for me so I could be with Him some day.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Here are some off the top of my head (I would have to do more digging to get the rest):

Matthew 12:40, Jesus said He would be in the heart of the Earth (hell) 3 days and 3 nights.

Colossians 2:15 talks about the shew (yes, shew, which means an open proving, like a parade or actually a parade) Jesus made of those who chose with Satan.

1 Peter 3:18-19 Jesus suffered for our sins and went and preached to the spirits in prison (hell).

Just logically, what is the penalty for sin? It is not just physical death, it is spiritual death (which is suffering). Jesus had to pay the suffering physically and spiritually. Otherwise He could not fulfill Isaiah 53:4-5. Part of the penalty for sin was going to hell. Someone in hell is not having a good time (they're suffering). The reason we get to go to Heaven is because Jesus took our place and went to hell on our behalf. We get what He deserves, whereas He took what we deserved.

Please review this post. Nothing is unscriptural here.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Here are some off the top of my head (I would have to do more digging to get the rest):

Matthew 12:40, Jesus said He would be in the heart of the Earth (hell) 3 days and 3 nights.

Colossians 2:15 talks about the shew (yes, shew, which means an open proving, like a parade or actually a parade) Jesus made of those who chose with Satan.

1 Peter 3:18-19 Jesus suffered for our sins and went and preached to the spirits in prison (hell).

Just logically, what is the penalty for sin? It is not just physical death, it is spiritual death (which is suffering). Jesus had to pay the suffering physically and spiritually. Otherwise He could not fulfill Isaiah 53:4-5. Part of the penalty for sin was going to hell. Someone in hell is not having a good time (they're suffering). The reason we get to go to Heaven is because Jesus took our place and went to hell on our behalf. We get what He deserves, whereas He took what we deserved.

There is nothing wrong with scripture, just your understanding. God never died. His Spit is always alive, so Satan did not watch Jesus all of a sudden come back to life as you claimed.

Guest shiloh357

Matthew 12:40, Jesus said He would be in the heart of the Earth (hell) 3 days and 3 nights.

Let's deal with these passages first.

1.  Matt. 12:40 - The heart of the earth is not hell.  You are penciling that meaning into the phrase.  It is a reference to the grave.  Jonah was used as the correllary to Jesus' burial.  Jesus said that just as Jonah was in the misdst of the great fish for three days and three nights, so would the Son of Man being in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights.  Jonah did not go to hell.

2.  Col. 2:15 is using the imperial "triumph" processional as a metaphor for Jesus' victory over Satan. It says nothing about Jesus suffering in hell.  It is not meant to be understood as a literal parade.

3.  I Peter. 3:18 - It doesn't say that Jesus suffered in hell.   It says that Jesus went and preached to the prisoners there.  You are adding to the Scriptures.  Jesus didn't preach to the people suffering in hell.  Jesus preached to those righteous dead in area of hades where the righteous dead abode until Jesus' death burial and resurrection. 

Just logically, what is the penalty for sin? It is not just physical death, it is spiritual death (which is suffering). Jesus had to pay the suffering physically and spiritually.

The penalty of sin is death and complete separation from God.  Jesus' physical death and the shedding of his sinless blood fully paid for the sin of mankind and statisfied God's justice on our behalf.   If Jesus had died spiritually, He would have ceased to be God and mankind would have been doomed forever.   You have some very errant theology and are in need of serious instruction because you are being led astray by false teachers.

Otherwise He could not fulfill Isaiah 53:4-5. Part of the penalty for sin was going to hell.

Wrong.   The Bible says that sin was dealt with completely on the cross.  Paul never said that Jesus went to hell.  The Bible never ascribes redemptive qualities to suffering in hell.   Jesus didn't have to go to hell to suffer or pay for sin.  Sin was paid for by his death and shed blood on the Cross.  That is why Paul always taught on the cross as the locative sphere of redemption.   He never mentions redemption taking place in hell.

Someone in hell is not having a good time (they're suffering). The reason we get to go to Heaven is because Jesus took our place and went to hell on our behalf. We get what He deserves, whereas He took what we deserved.

Everything about this post is rooted in a mishandling of the Scripture.  Quoting Scripture doesn't make one's argument scriptural.   The best lies are the ones that sound most like the truth.   You have been lied to in a big, big way.  This is not peripheral issue.  This is a major doctrinal heresy.

Guest ninhao

TheCurseOfTheRodain, on 08 Jan 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

Jesus was in the grave and this is likened to Jonah’s time inside the whale. Jonah wasn’t in hell and neither was Jesus.

Jesus was victorious over the powers of darkness upon the cross. Jesus fulfilled the law and bought our freedom. This open showing was for all creation to see and it wasn't in hell.

It never ceases to amaze me when people use this scripture to suggest Jesus preached to people in hell. The context shows clearly when this preaching took place ( during Noah’s time ) and the section is devoted to encouraging believers to withstand in the face of adversity  ( as Noah did with Jesus’ help.)  

1Pe 3:20  Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

There’s plenty of incorrect scripture interpretation here Mr Rodain. I suggest removing yourself from whoever teaches you this stuff.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

How God love us so much that He gave His only begotten Son, that we might have life.

Hey guys, the question then is where can someone who is not righteous end up? Because we are each a spirit with a soul (mind, will and emotions) that lives in a body. When we leave our bodies, we go somewhere. For the righteous, we go directly into Jesus' presence, for the unrighteous (this is before the Day of Judgment with the Lake of Fire prepared for the Devil and his demons) they would go to ......? There is a holding place they go to, where is it? I would list it as sheol, the grave, aka hell. If hell is not in sheol, or rather if sheol is not a part of hell, then where are they going?

For anyone who has sinned and not received their forgiveness through Jesus' sacrifice, they are still spiritually dead (they are still alive, in that, just because they have sinned and are charged with being sinners and have died spiritually does not mean they cease to exist) and they have to go to the opposite of Heaven, because they cannot be where God is. So, again, just because they are spiritually dead does not mean they cease to exist, in the same way that Jesus becoming sin for us meant that He would have to die spiritually (as far as being a Man was concerned) and then go to where those who are spiritually dead have to go. That's what I am speaking of here. Yes, the sacrifice for our sins was carried out AT the cross, but it wasn't until Jesus resurrected out of hell on the 3rd day that God proved He had accepted His sacrifice, as the Scriptures say.

That's why in Romans 10:9-10, if anyone wants to be saved, they have to believe that Jesus is the Lord and that God the Father raised Him from the dead on the 3rd day - it doesn't say beans about whether or not your sins have been forgiven, because by believing God raised Him from the dead, you understand His sacrifice was accepted and the penalties had all been paid in full forever.

That's a good answer. Paul said he didn't preach the Law was gone, but rather that he upheld it (because Jesus has fulfilled it for us).