Guest DRS81

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Funny can also mean peculiar. We don't have to agree to be in fellowship. Fellowship is produced by God living in us. I have never said that people cannot become apostate. But neither do I believe that a person needs to be saved every week or so since the blood of Jesus continually cleanses us from sin when we are walking in the light and are in fellowship with God and other believers who dwell in the light. I understand that you don't believe OSAS...But I am also convinced that God is much more patient with us than some people think He is. I don't believe OSAS in the terms that you seem to understand it either, so I am puzzeled that you seem to want to argue with me.. I said that there may be some truth there just as there is some truth in holiness theology. There are good things I have learned from both. It may be that when they are taken to extreme that they come close to error.

I was merely extending good will and fellowship to you. I felt rebuked for doing so, Was I being presumtious?

Willa

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Meanwhile we are stuck with each other as we are. We are told to forbear one another in love, even if we do have funny ideas and different understanding of Scripture.

There's nothing funny about the OSAS doctrine. Yes it's a misunderstanding of scripture, but it's a deadly misunderstanding. 

When people are taught that all they need to get into heaven is to simply believe, it's dangerous, because it's not true. Matthew 7:21 clearly points that out. 

OSAS teaches that once you believe, you're sealed and there are no consequences to sinning. One can die in their sins and still gain entry into heaven. If this is true, why does the bible teach that we need to repent of our sins? Isn't it a waste of time if we're going to heaven anyway? It doesn't make sense. 

1 Corinthians 10 gives us OT examples of what happens when we turn from God. Why did Paul feel it was necessary to include those examples if we are "sealed"?

There are countless examples throughout scripture that negates this OSAS doctrine. People are just too lazy and blind to see it. They would rather be spoon fed the scriptures. Who cares what it means, as long as it sounds nice. Wouldn't want to offend anyone with the truth.

man,I have a question for you.Do you think that God could take away our eternal life in heaven when He has promised us that in the BIble?Why would He tell us that he has promised us something and then take it away?I see your point.I do not think a person can take God and our salvation for granted.I do not think that a person can go out an on purpose committ an bunch of sins and then say "Oh well I have a ticket to sin I will go to heaven anyway and still have my fun".If a person is well grounded with the Lord they want to be obedient to God.We want to be faithful servants to Jesus Christ.The Holy Spirit will convict of our sins and guide and direct us.I think their is a difference is someone who says they are a Christian and are not living the life and someone who truly in their heart loves Jesus Christ.God knows our hearts.

Funny can also mean peculiar. We don't have to agree to be in fellowship. Fellowship is produced by God living in us. I have never said that people cannot become apostate. But neither do I believe that a person needs to be saved every week or so since the blood of Jesus continually cleanses us from sin when we are walking in the light and are in fellowship with God and other believers who dwell in the light. I understand that you don't believe OSAS...But I am also convinced that God is much more patient with us than some people think He is. I don't believe OSAS in the terms that you seem to understand it either, so I am puzzeled that you seem to want to argue with me.. I said that there may be some truth there just as there is some truth in holiness theology. There are good things I have learned from both. It may be that when they are taken to extreme that they come close to error.

I was merely extending good will and fellowship to you. I felt rebuked for doing so, Was I being presumtious?

Willa

I don't believe that either.

Post 82 has a green thumbs up. I did that.......yesterday....an indication that I agreed with you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Willa

I don't believe that either.

Post 82 has a green thumbs up. I did that.......yesterday.

I have heard the term "putting man on the shelf".Have you ever heard of that?". I have not read alot of detail on that.I know that Dr.Charles Stanley who I really like has talked about that before.What does that mean?

I have heard the term "putting man on the shelf".Have you ever heard of that?". I have not read alot of detail on that.I know that Dr.Charles Stanley who I really like has talked about that before.What does that mean?

I don't know. Never heard that saying.

man,I have a question for you.Do you think that God could take away our eternal life in heaven when He has promised us that in the BIble?Why would He tell us that he has promised us something and then take it away?

Eternal life isn't the only promise He made. Read the first 12 verses of 1 Corinthians 10. 

OSAS teaches that once you believe, you're sealed and there are no consequences to sinning.

Incorrect.

:cake:

You're trying to discredit one thing with another thing. One doctrine vs your own doctrine. For once I would like to see a christian say he is wrong in something, but that'll never happen. Even when shiloh357 flat out spoon fed you truth right in your face, and you didn't even blink.