IGNORED

Is it possible to walk away from every temptation

Guest DRS81

Yes trials  and adversity are what is overtaking a person and God has set a limit on the duration and intensity of those trials.

Blessings shiloh357. What does God expect of us AFTER the intensity is over and that specific trial is accomplished in us.

Guest shiloh357

Yes trials  and adversity are what is overtaking a person and God has set a limit on the duration and intensity of those trials.

Blessings shiloh357. What does God expect of us AFTER the intensity is over and that specific trial is accomplished in us.

What I said is that God doesn't allow us to be overtaken by the trial. I didn't say that the trial is accomplished in us.   I dont' even know what you mean by that last phrase.

What I said is that God doesn't allow us to be overtaken by the trial. I didn't say that the trial is accomplished in us.   I dont' even know what you mean by that last phrase.

Sorry I meant accomplished as in "lesson learned in repentance and conviction". :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Does that include sinful "thoughts"? I think it's possible to turn away from every temptation physically (even though it might take a life time to come to that point) but not mentally. In my opinion...

yes I do think we can sin with our thoughts and words. And temptation can be in both.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Much love In Him,

I know the Bible gives us how "perfection" is...and we look at it and say-there is no way...But there is a way...He is The Way...

Also the Indwelling Holy Spirit has come to lead and guide us into all truth...but not only that...If the Same Who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you...Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, He Who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you...

so we also have empowered help for these dilemma's...

Hall, about our thoughts...The Bible says we can bring our thoughts into captivity to the obedience of Christ...2 Cor 10:5...I know that my sin almost led me to death-and I know that everything I do starts with a thought...and my particular thoughts got me in a lot of trouble...so I had to have help with them and I found that The Bible has every answer to every question...

Doing a word search: "thought" in The Bible...Biblegateway .com...Amazing and very enlightening!!!

Love you so much In Him...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Much love In Him,

I know the Bible gives us how "perfection" is...and we look at it and say-there is no way...But there is a way...He is The Way...

Also the Indwelling Holy Spirit has come to lead and guide us into all truth...but not only that...If the Same Who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you...Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, He Who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you...

so we also have empowered help for these dilemma's...

Hall, about our thoughts...The Bible says we can bring our thoughts into captivity to the obedience of Christ...2 Cor 10:5...I know that my sin almost led me to death-and I know that everything I do starts with a thought...and my particular thoughts got me in a lot of trouble...so I had to have help with them and I found that The Bible has every answer to every question...

Doing a word search: "thought" in The Bible...Biblegateway .com...Amazing and very enlightening!!!

Love you so much In Him...

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup: ...a real delight in reading your encouragement there NeedYouLord.

Sorry I meant accomplished as in "lesson learned in repentance and conviction". :)

1 Corinthians 10

13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

That verse isn't about God testing us. It's simply stating that God won't leave us to our own devices. He watches over us and when temptations do arise, He will provide a way for us to flee those temptations, should we choose to do so. He won't leave us hanging.

That's all that verse is saying. It has nothing to do with testing us through adversity.

Not everything with God is a test.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you Man for the verse you quoted, it put me in mind of the following.

Words of encouragement.

Rom 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Rom 8:31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be [fn] against us?
Rom 8:32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?
Rom 8:33 Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies.
Rom 8:34 Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died--more than that, who was raised--who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. [fn]
Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?
Rom 8:36 As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered."
Rom 8:37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
Rom 8:38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,
Rom 8:39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

ESV Footnotes:
(8:31) Or who is
(8:34) Or Is it Christ Jesus who died . . . for us?

1Cr 2:9 But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
1Cr 2:10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
1Cr 2:11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
1Cr 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
1Cr 2:13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1Cr 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Cr 2:15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.
1Cr 2:16 For "who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

Eph 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
Eph 3:21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

1Cr 10:13 No temptation [fn] has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted [fn] beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, [fn] he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. 

NIV Footnotes:
(10:13) The Greek for temptation and tempted can also mean testing and tested.

Mat 6:13 And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. [fn] 

ESV Footnotes:
(6:13) Or the evil one; some manuscripts add For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever. Amen

Every blessing.

Edwin.

Edited by paredwin

(2.) Do we have ultimate strength through the Holy Spirit to turn from every temptation. The reason I'm asking is because some do not believe in once saved always saved (OSAS). Some might say, "well we have free will to walk away from temptation."  

We do have the free will to walk away from temptation.

I don't understand what the belief of OSAS has to do with it. Please explain.

(2.) Do we have ultimate strength through the Holy Spirit to turn from every temptation. The reason I'm asking is because some do not believe in once saved always saved (OSAS). Some might say, "well we have free will to walk away from temptation."  

We do have the free will to walk away from temptation.

I don't understand what the belief of OSAS has to do with it. Please explain.

Those who do not believe in OSAS thinks that our works get us into heaven, but in reality it's the grace of the Lord and his works that saves us. Salvation is a one time event, and after you're saved you are sealed forever. Repenting for a nonbeliever and a believer is completely different. When a nonbeliever repents he is coming to salvation. When a believer repents he is bringing himself closer and closer into the will of God. But if a believer dies suddenly without repenting he still goes to heaven because he is covered in the blood of Christ, thus the imperfection of humanity.