Izzel

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

He rose on the first day of the week.   What's the problem?

Matthew 28

King James Version (KJV)

28 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

What does dawn here mean ?

thanks

Jn 20:1 ALT3 Now on the FIRST DAY BETWEEN THE SABBATHS Mary the Magdalene goes EARLY IN THE MORNING (THERE BEING YET DARKNESS) to the tomb and she sees the stone having been taken away from the tomb.

Lk 24:1 Now on the FIRST DAY BETWEEN THE SABBATHS , AT EARLY DAWN they came to the tomb.

Mk 16:1 -2 AND THE SABBATH HAVING PAST, Mary the Magdalene and Mary the mother of James and Salome bought spices so that having come they should annoint Him. And VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING ON THE FIRST DAY BETWEEN THE SABBATHS THEY COME TO THE TOMB, THE SUN HAVING RISEN.

Mt 28:1 Now AFTER THE SABBATHS, AT THE DAWNING INTO THE FIRST DAY BETWEEN THE SABBATHS, Mary the Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the grave.

Now what do the words in capital letters mean to you? They seem explicitly clear to me, though some others have tried to construe them to mean something other than is clearly stated.

ALT3 is The Analytical-Literal Translation of the New Testament, Third Edition, and is based on the best Majority Text. The one used by the KJV had not been comepletely translated I understand, and they had to use some Latin texts as well to complete it. Gary Zeola the translator of ALT3 is both native Greek and a student of New Testament Greek. He is also a born again believer who leans on the Holy Spirit to help him in his understanding of the Scriptures as well as his understanding of New Testament Greek. I highly respect this translation as well as Wuest's Expanded Translation which agrees with this understanding of the scriptures in question.

I hope this helps to clear up your apparent confusion.

Blessings,

Willa

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

He rose on the first day of the week.   What's the problem?

Matthew 28

King James Version (KJV)

28 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

What does dawn here mean ?

thanks

Jn 20:1 ALT3 Now on the FIRST DAY BETWEEN THE SABBATHS Mary the Magdalene goes EARLY IN THE MORNING (THERE BEING YET DARKNESS) to the tomb and she sees the stone having been taken away from the tomb.

Lk 24:1 Now on the FIRST DAY BETWEEN THE SABBATHS , AT EARLY DAWN they came to the tomb.

Mk 16:1 -2 AND THE SABBATH HAVING PAST, Mary the Magdalene and Mary the mother of James and Salome bought spices so that having come they should annoint Him. And VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING ON THE FIRST DAY BETWEEN THE SABBATHS THEY COME TO THE TOMB, THE SUN HAVING RISEN.

Mt 28:1 Now AFTER THE SABBATHS, AT THE DAWNING INTO THE FIRST DAY BETWEEN THE SABBATHS, Mary the Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the grave.

Now what do the words in capital letters mean to you? They seem explicitly clear to me, though some others have tried to construe them to mean something other than is clearly stated.

ALT3 is The Analytical-Literal Translation of the New Testament, Third Edition, and is based on the best Majority Text. The one used by the KJV had not been comepletely translated I understand, and they had to use some Latin texts as well to complete it. Gary Zeola the translator of ALT3 is both native Greek and a student of New Testament Greek. He is also a born again believer who leans on the Holy Spirit to help him in his understanding of the Scriptures as well as his understanding of New Testament Greek. I highly respect this translation as well as Wuest's Expanded Translation which agrees with this understanding of the scriptures in question.

I hope this helps to clear up your apparent confusion.

Blessings,

Willa

Dawn there does not mean morning but the begining of a new day which starts at the evening 

Edited by Izzel

Mark 16:1-6

King James Version (KJV)

16 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.

And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.

And they said among themselves, Who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre?

And when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away: for it was very great.

And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.

And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.

Notice that these women came to anoint the body of Jesus on the first day of the week "at the rising of the sun". When they arrived, they found the stone rolled away from the door of the sepulcher. Jesus was already risen; He was not there. An empty tomb at sunrise Sunday morning is NOT PROOF that he arose that morning.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

A starts at the evening and not midnight 

Wednesday was the Passover and preparation for that high-day Sabbath. Thursday was the high-day Sabbath; Friday was the preparation for the weekly Sabbath and the day the women prepared their ointments (Luke 23:56), for they had no time to do this on Wednesday before sunset

Edited by Izzel

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I answered you question but you had no interest in hearing an answer.

We have been through this same arguement presented in the same way before on this forum. The problem was that he wanted to convert the clear understanding of simple words to fit his strange doctrine. And he was not open to hearing the truth plainly stated in Scripture. This is a useless arguement and wrangling about words, which we are to avoid. 1 Tim. 6:3-5. So I do not wish to respond again.

Willa

Matthew 28:1-4

King James Version (KJV)

28 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week,  ( dawn there mens towards the first day at Evening and not morning )came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.

His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:

And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men

In Matthew 28:1, we read that two women came, “In the end of the sabbath” and not After to see the sepulchre, “toward”--NOT “on”--the first day. They did not come to anoint the body of Jesus, but to see if the course was clear (apparently) for them to perform that service the next day.

(Matthew 28:2-4). The angel told the women not to fear, also that “Jesus...is risen,”and after inviting them to see the empty tomb,  sent them to go and tell the other disciples the glad
news. All which happen on the saturday was coming to a close according to jewish time which ends at the evening thus bring in the first day of the week accordin  to jewish time which stars at evening 

Take care 
Edited by Izzel

I answered you question but you had no interest in hearing an answer.

We have been through this same arguement presented in the same way before on this forum. The problem was that he wanted to convert the clear understanding of simple words to fit his strange doctrine. And he was not open to hearing the truth plainly stated in Scripture. This is a useless arguement and wrangling about words, which we are to avoid. 1 Tim. 6:3-5. So I do not wish to respond again.

Willa

Matthew 28:1-4

King James Version (KJV)

28 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week,  ( dawn there mens towards the first day at Evening and not morning )came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.

His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:

And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men

In Matthew 28:1, we read that two women came, “In the end of the sabbath” and not After to see the sepulchre, “toward”--NOT “on”--the first day. They did not come to anoint the body of Jesus, but to see if the course was clear (apparently) for them to perform that service the next day.

(Matthew 28:2-4). The angel told the women not to fear, also that “Jesus...is risen,”and after inviting them to see the empty tomb,  sent them to go and tell the other disciples the glad
news. All which happen on the saturday was coming to a close according to jewish time which ends at the evening thus bring in the first day of the week accordin  to jewish time which stars at evening 

Take care 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Izzel

You are basing much of what you say on two things; 1. being the calender day being from 6pm to 6pm (which is correct) and 2. daylight hours beginning at 6am and nighttime hours beginning at 6pm (this is an incorrect view).  Sunset may be at 7:30 or 8:00 pm,  Sunrise may be at 5am or 7 am.  Christ died at about 3pm.  The calendar day; and daylight and nighttime hours are different.  So if Christ was buried anytime before 6pm, this was daylight time (a day), next follows the night. Sunset to Sunrise.  Sunset to Sunrise and Sunrise to Sunset does not necessarily conform to the 6pm to 6pm calendar day rule.

In Christ

Montana Marv

There is A TON of information that can be shared on this topic. In order to fully understand the day that Jesus rose, you have to also have an understanding of how the Hebrew calendar worked, the feasts and other Holy Days, and the role of each person as a member of the Hebrew community. I don't have time this morning to go into all of it in detail, but let me start by saying that the first day of the week is what we call Sunday on the Hebrew Calendar, however, the Sunday began at sunset on Saturday. Jewish Tradition did not allow for people to be outside after sundown, which is why the three women waited until sunrise on Sunday to visit the tomb at which time Jesus had already risen. 

Jesus stated "For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." (Matthew 12:40)

So we know that Jesus was in the earth for three days and three nights. Due to Hebrew tradition and the festivals and feasts that were occurring in Israel at the time, Jesus was crucified on Wednesday, and had to be placed in the tomb by 6pm (sundown) on Wednesday by Joseph of Arimathea so he wouldn't violate the law of touching a dead thing on one of the holy days (holy convocation) which would start at 6PM on Wednesday. This makes the first evening that Jesus was in the grave Wednesday. 

Here is a breakdown:

Night one Wednesday

Day one Thursday

Night two Thursday

Day two Friday

Night three Friday

Day three Saturday.

Jesus would have been crucified on the first hour of the day Tuesday, and died when he made his final proclamation by 3pm on Wednesday. 

Jesus would have risen at 6pm on Saturday so He would not be in the grave a fourth night.

I have to go to work, but I would like to share more on this.

i also understand it this way just it will be sunset not 6 pm since the sun sets at anytime 5:43 pm etc 

Tuesday 1st hour  could you explain 

Thank you 

Edited by Izzel

Izzel

You are basing much of what you say on two things; 1. being the calender day being from 6pm to 6pm (which is correct) and 2. daylight hours beginning at 6am and nighttime hours beginning at 6pm (this is an incorrect view).  Sunset may be at 7:30 or 8:00 pm,  Sunrise may be at 5am or 7 am.  Christ died at about 3pm.  The calendar day; and daylight and nighttime hours are different.  So if Christ was buried anytime before 6pm, this was daylight time (a day), next follows the night. Sunset to Sunrise.  Sunset to Sunrise and Sunrise to Sunset does not necessarily conform to the 6pm to 6pm calendar day rule.

In Christ

Montana Marv

My friend thanks but I am not basing what I see in the bible from 6 pm to 6pm

A day starts from sunset to sunset not sunset to sunrise as you say 

Thus i am basing it from sunset to sunset 

take care 

Edited by Izzel