IGNORED

Why are so many Christians mean? not all, but some.

SitaraForJesus

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

yep, some christians tend to have a chip on their shoulder so to speak. Some can be very condemning.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Some Christians are Christians in name only.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Sitaral,

Anyone can claim to be a Christian, but not everyone who claims to be one is one

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/26/1981

I was bullied almost to suicide once by Christians.

You didn't give us much here sitara, so I guess I will have to respond based on what I know.

I'm sure people who claim Christ as their Savior are just as capable in bullying people as somebody who doesn't claim to know Christ.

As you have figured out, some who claim to follow Christ are not exactly doing as Christ commanded them to- love your neighbor as you love yourself. In other words, yes, there are very disobedient Christians out there running around, just as there are disobedient Muslims, Buddhists, and atheists.

I apologize to you for any hurt you may have received from mean-spirited disobedient Judgmental Christians. Your status says SEEKER so I hope you don't judge Christ based on the actions of his alleged followers. I'm sure you have also encountered many of Christ's followers who haven't bullied you, so you have to be fair here. Not all of Christ's followers are bullies, just some, and even those may not truly be a follower of Christ, but merely someone who occupies space in some building every Sunday.

This I know- GOD LOVES YOU, and if this means anything to you, so do I.

I am  Christian who has found Jesus on 16 Semptember, 1996.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

There are many professing Christians who are unstable and double minded as well as immature.  Then there is the side of wolves in sheep's clothing.    

This is true. I just dont feel safe anymore. i know Jesus, but the church scares me.

Yes I can understand what you are saying about not feeling safe.  When we get hurt so bad it is hard for us to begin to trust people again as we are afraid they will hurt us again.  But you can trust in a loving God who is love.  He gives us an everlasting love that never fails even when we do not understand the things we have been through at the hands of others.  Jesus himself went through being bullied and mocked at and condemned to death on the cross just for being the Son of God.  Yet on the cross he said father forgive them for they know not what they do.  It may not sound like much but their is healing in forgiveness and power to begin again.  I hope that you can forgive and move forward in the faith and find true believers to have true fellowship that show forth the love and life of Christ and take you up under their wings.  blessings 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Sitaral,

Anyone can claim to be a Christian, but not everyone who claims to be one is one

Yep,lots of wolves in sheep's clothing.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

We are not to put our eyes on the world, not even other believers.  We all fall and some just are in name only.  We are to keep our eyes on Jesus.  He will never leave you or forsake you.  He will not disappoint you or hurt you.  I hope you can find a church that will give you the Bible based teaching your supposed to get and have the fellowship with believers that God desires you to have. 

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

I think because for many, it takes a long time to get rid of the old self. The old self is the remnant that causes many to judge or act as their subconscious old self. And so this should be the transformation:

Colossians 3:

Living as Those Made Alive in Christ

3 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is your[a] life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. 7 You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. 8 But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. 9 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/30/1956

SitaraForJesus, on 13 Jan 2014 - 1:10 PM, said:

Openly Curious, on 13 Jan 2014 - 1:07 PM, said:

There are many professing Christians who are unstable and double minded as well as immature.  Then there is the side of wolves in sheep's clothing.    

This is true. I just dont feel safe anymore. i know Jesus, but the church scares me.

My Prayers are with you and for you ! I know what you are going through, i have been their many times by other Christians from other Churches

you have to know something these are Spirit fill Christians & we are all human in the flesh, and not perfect, Only God Is !  Sometimes they forget who they are In Christ, and their flesh pops in, more like carnal Christians, their old ways pop up, one foot in the world, the other foot in Christ. Some Christians, not all, if you leave their Church & go to another, these Christian friends will have nothing to do with you anymore, saying you loose your salvation and some won't. or they may see you still have a sin in your life, maybe you don't see it that could be a old habit, i been their i was struggling with cigarettes, & yes i was being judge, my friends i still call them that as friends today even though they don't want anything to do with me because of my habit are told from the word to not be social with those of the world, because it might bring them into sin, and i understand that, & cigarettes are my weak spot now, and God is helping me in this area now. But in the mean-time these friends still think i'm still in the world because i smoke, they think i have to be perfect like them. But i don't point my finger's at them and tell them they have greed the love of money & pride in their life, i just pray for them. And love them. I can't change them, Only God can !

As far as the Church goes, don't walk away from going to Church, that is what satan wants you to do, the Church is the body of believers. God say's in His Word, do not for sake the assembly of the saints. We need each other to help build each one up, encourage each other, pray together,fellowship together, worship together, sing, praise, and learning & studying His word together, share burdens together etc.  Maybe your problems  are not the part of the body but the church your in ? Are you being convicted in your church, when your hearing the Word, are you being convicted by the spirit, if you are not , get out of that Church, you need to get yourself into a bible believing Church, that is on fire for the LORD !  But those who have hurt you, Forgive them and move on, and Pray that God, will bring other Christian friends to you, believe me He will ! When your doing the "Will" of God, and doing things for Him and studying His Word and living it, helping others, believe me you will forget those who have hurt you. God will bring so much peace and fill your spirit & heart with so much joy and His LOVE, the hurt will be gone.

Lastly, when you get the thought about killing yourself, that is not of God, but of satan.   Satan is out to destroy, he hates anyone who will follow Christ, and he preys on those who back slide or those who get out of God's word, read Eph. 6 study the whole armour of God, put it on you, cover yourself with it. And remember 1John 4:4- Greater is He that is in You, than he that is in the world. What it is saying here : Great is Christ who is in your life, than satan who lives in the world.  This world is not our home were just passing through, but God has given each one of us to be ministers to go out and bring lost sheep to Him, until He comes back and were rapture up to go home. Theirs so much to do !

I don't know who you are , but God knows you & your hurts, and i pray that he will lift your spirits up and put the end to those who bully & hurt you, and i will continue to pray .

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

Amen Louise!