• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,707
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

who uses the internet? seriously?

for all of you who bash social networking like facebook, well got news for you, what do you think your doing here? you log on, you got a profile, and you converse with other people from around the globe. Your still socializing. You have a good deal more privacy then on facebook-but it is still social networking. social networking has been around almost since the internet was started, its just changed forms. Facebook and other social networking sites, are what you make them. They can be tools to keep in contact with friends and family, it can be a powerful way to spread a message and get lots of people together to support good causes. It can also be misused. Same with forum sites like worthy. The internet, and the tools within, are what you make them.

The difference is that on Worthyboards, we are for the most part, anonymous. We don't use our real names or post pics of ourselves.  We are not posting family pics and publically messaging friends and family members.  We are not connecting with old high school or college buddies or staying in touch with Grandma and Grandpa.

Messageboards have been around for a long time and no one ever referred to them as "social networking."  Social networking really did start with MySpace and Facebook.

I did mention the privacy in my original post. Please note, you can remain just as anonymous on facebook or any other social networking site-most people simply choose not to do so. I was as well-for the longest time I was "Ivan G. Otcha" on facebook. Only reason I changed was I got tired of calling my family members and telling them who I was lol.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

If George should close Worthy and we knew it was coming would any of you join Facebook and post privately to others who wanted to be friends from here?

I still wouldn't join, social media is drowning in jealousy, suicides and sloth.

americans ain't changin' the world, they just take pictures of it / and post it on the internet like their actually accomplishing somethin'

online social networks are just an illusion of power / who's making profit while i say goodbye in my final hour

That is not my experience with social media.  A person has the experience they make.

FYI, the entire globe is posting their lives online...not just the US.  The prob with what you say, is that it demonstrates a very myopic way of thinking...the entire world is online, not just the US

But there are also different types of greed and degrees of sin for each country. Yes the entire world is online, thus forming a one world government. I just happen to live in the US.

the internet is forming a one world government?  who knew......... :whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

If George should close Worthy and we knew it was coming would any of you join Facebook and post privately to others who wanted to be friends from here?

I still wouldn't join, social media is drowning in jealousy, suicides and sloth.

americans ain't changin' the world, they just take pictures of it / and post it on the internet like their actually accomplishing somethin'

online social networks are just an illusion of power / who's making profit while i say goodbye in my final hour

That is not my experience with social media.  A person has the experience they make.

FYI, the entire globe is posting their lives online...not just the US.  The prob with what you say, is that it demonstrates a very myopic way of thinking...the entire world is online, not just the US

I left FaceBook because of posts like this: "At the eye doctor now."  "At McDonald's now".  "At Discount Tire now w/ Bobby S."  "Going to the gym now".  Honestly, these were from my younger relatives!  My response was "Who cares" and I abandoned my account after months of reading that stuff.  What boring tripe.

I would leave too if that was my experience...but it's not   :mgcheerful: