• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Blessings Dear Spock

God Bless You this day & Praise the Lord! I am not really sure what you mean when you ask if I were convinced both "biblically & spiritually"?What could  possibly convince me to not trust Gods Word? I must not be understanding what your asking because it does not make sense to me......

To be convinced Biblically,to me means that I believe what is Written is true & is the final Authority.....Spiritually,I am convinced by the Power of the Holy Spirit that gives me the Wisdom & Understanding of Gods Written Words

But you see Spock,I do not need to be convinced of anything,if God says it,I believe it.......whether it makes sense or not,for me that is irrelevant............Just as the Lord asked Job,"where were you when I laid down the foundations for the earth..........."hmmmm,I cannot even consider questioning God's Authority.

With love,in Christ-Kwik

I had a feeling your answer would be something like this. Oh well, I tried.

What I tried to do was to get you to TRY to put yourself in someone's else's shoes-people who are equally convinced that the bible does NOT say God created the universe 6000 years ago, but rather a dateless past, based on their interpretation of Genesis 1:1. Obviously this is different from your interpretation.

In ther words, you couldn't understand why many were disagreeing with Shiloh BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE AS HE DOES. I was trying to get you out of that mode and pretend you didn't believe as Shiloh. Would you have still felt as you did.

I can see you were incapable of doing that because you believe so strongly your interpretation is right and thus the will of God, very much like we believe. Anyhow, never mind. Have a good day.

"What I tried to do was to get you to TRY to put yourself in someone's else's shoes-people who are equally convinced"

The TRUTH isn't reached by how many people or WHO is convinced.... it's what the WORD says.  Spock, you know this.

And...

(Matthew 7:13-14) " Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:  {14}  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

If it were me....I'd be UBER careful in my walk with many people around me coming up to a Wide Gate!!  Just sayin

"the bible does NOT say God created the universe 6000 years ago, but rather a dateless past, based on their interpretation of Genesis 1:1"

(Genesis 1:1) "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

Can you please show me where you see a dateless past?? :huh:   And what or how you can interpret anything but.... "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth"  ??

"many were disagreeing with Shiloh BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE AS HE DOES."

I believed what I do LONG BEFORE SHILOH.  And those people aren't disagreeing with Shiloh IMHO, they're disagreeing with the PLAIN and Clear WORD.  Shiloh is a blessing in that he is IMMOVABLE when it comes to the WORD and HE SUPPORTS his position with THE WORD.

I'm relatively new here and IMHO.....there is something personal with many board members and Shiloh that has nothing to do with the WORD.  They take his Poignant and Brutally Honest approach and Conjure and Twist it into a Personal Insult or a Condescending Arrogant Attitude.  That's how I see it.

I don't agree with Shiloh on everything but I must say, he is refreshing in this approach to the Authority of the WORD.  There is much to learn from him.  He is the exception rather that the rule!  Be a Berean....take every word with a grain of salt then GO SEARCH THESE MATTERS DAILY TO SEE IF IT IS SO!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'm relatively new here and IMHO.....there is something personal with many board members and Shiloh that has nothing to do with the WORD.  They take his Poignant and Brutally Honest approach and Conjure and Twist it into a Personal Insult or a Condescending Arrogant Attitude.  That's how I see it.

I don't agree with Shiloh on everything but I must say, he is refreshing in this approach to the Authority of the WORD.  There is much to learn from him.  He is the exception rather that the rule!  Be a Berean....take every word with a grain of salt then GO SEARCH THESE MATTERS DAILY TO SEE IF IT IS SO!!

After you've been here for a while, and see what that brutally honest approach does to some people, you might change your mind as to it's usefulness......     don't get me wrong, I respect Shiloh for his knowledge and though there are many things we disagree on, there are also many things I have learned from him......     one of which would be how to effectively offend people.

Just about every time I log on I see that 150 to 200 Guests have come by to view things.....    they don't need to be seeing us being brutally honest with anyone when there are ways to get your point across without offending people.  I've been trying to get that point across to several people here for ten years.....   so far I've been a failure..  so if you intend to be one of those brutally honest people who don't mind offending people, you'll have to suffer an occasional lecture about it......     and just consider it for the sake of "Guest".

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

After you've been here for a while, and see what that brutally honest approach does to some people, you might change your mind as to it's usefulness......     don't get me wrong, I respect Shiloh for his knowledge and though there are many things we disagree on, there are also many things I have learned from him......     one of which would be how to effectively offend people.

Just about every time I log on I see that 150 to 200 Guests have come by to view things.....    they don't need to be seeing us being brutally honest with anyone when there are ways to get your point across without offending people.  I've been trying to get that point across to several people here for ten years.....   so far I've been a failure..  so if you intend to be one of those brutally honest people who don't mind offending people, you'll have to suffer an occasional lecture about it......     and just consider it for the sake of "Guest".

The other one,

I have to be more careful when eating or drinking when reading replies:  "many things I have learned from him......one of which would be how to effectively offend people."

Sir, I nearly had to purchase another computer!!!  You need to build me up to this, with appropriate transition..... so as to prepare me LOL.

Notwithstanding, I am guilty of this Brutal Honesty (Just ask my wife :verkle: )   But to be offended there has to be something offensive.  The WORD alone is a Two-Edged Sword that Pierces....I have been cut.  Could someone characterize that as offensive....I reckon so.

I can only assimilate your admonishments personally...I have these same failings as you've described them, I know of no other way. 

I will Go to the LORD with this

The other one,

I have to be more careful when eating or drinking when reading replies:  "many things I have learned from him......one of which would be how to effectively offend people."

Sir, I nearly had to purchase another computer!!!  You need to build me up to this, with appropriate transition..... so as to prepare me LOL.

Notwithstanding, I am guilty of this Brutal Honesty (Just ask my wife :verkle: )   But to be offended there has to be something offensive.  The WORD alone is a Two-Edged Sword that Pierces....I have been cut.  Could someone characterize that as offensive....I reckon so.

I can only assimilate your admonishments personally...I have these same failings as you've described them, I know of no other way. 

I will Go to the LORD with this

Most of the folks that I'm speaking of don't really understand human nature and wouldn't know an offense if it slapped them up side the head.....   To think you can say something that might be true in any way you want is......   well not nearly as intelligent as those people think they are.       It doesn't matter if you are right if the person you are talking to doesn't listen because of the way you say things...     but, hey   it takes all kinds...

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Blessings Spock...

God bless you brother,now i understand what you are asking......there is no need to get fresh,I am not incapable of doing anything & that is why I said I probably did ot understand your question

I can put myself in anyone's shoes & I usually try very hard to understand why a person thinks like he does because I respect others opinions .....& I do not have to agree with them to understand what they are saying........it is not necessarily that "I BELIEVE AS SHILOH DOES"  but that I believe what God says.And yes,you are 100% accurate in that God dod not say the earth was created 6000 yrs ago & He never would have said that because at the time the Scriptures were inspired by Him & Written it would have been untrue(2000 yrs ago)LOL.......Anyway,Okay so maybe it was 6,724 years ago,the point for me is that we trace back(as best we could)the lineages of the people written about in the Bible & we go back to Adam & Eve,that were created on the 6th DAY OF CREATION  it was not a dateless time ...

Yes Spock,I can understand exactly what you are saying & Scripture does not support that,I love you brother! :kiss2:

Yours in Christ-Kwik

Kwik,

I respect your right to believe as you believe as I hope you respect my right to believe as I believe. You think I'm wrong and I think you are wrong, but you know what?

No big deal. What is important is that I still love you as I know you do me.

((((((((Hug)))))))))

On to the next thread.

Love in CHRIST,

Spock

i did some reading up on how they decide how far away the stars are......      if it's dim, it further away....   it seems that they are assuming that the stars are all the same brightness so the dimmer it is the further away it has to be....

gotta ponder that for a while.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings other one...

I don't consider that speculation much because stars vary in intensity(brightness)depending on their size also,although I do suppose that still would hold true to some degree...............it is all so interesting

Almost every night I go outside just to look up & marvel at what God has created.....the moon,the stars and the magnificent display that is so far away I cannot even comprehend it all.I have been noticing this one very bright star for the past month,it just stands out amongst all the rest & on some nights when there are many clouds it seems to be the only one in the distant sky.....just wondering if anyone else sees this bright shining star.............you just made me think it must be closer than others?

God bless you,Love-Kwik

Blessings other one...

I don't consider that speculation much because stars vary in intensity(brightness)depending on their size also,although I do suppose that still would hold true to some degree...............it is all so interesting

Almost every night I go outside just to look up & marvel at what God has created.....the moon,the stars and the magnificent display that is so far away I cannot even comprehend it all.I have been noticing this one very bright star for the past month,it just stands out amongst all the rest & on some nights when there are many clouds it seems to be the only one in the distant sky.....just wondering if anyone else sees this bright shining star.............you just made me think it must be closer than others?

God bless you,Love-Kwik

if you can manage, borrow or buy some night vision equipment and lay back and watch the sky.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Blessings other one...

God bless you,Love-Kwik

if you can manage, borrow or buy some night vision equipment and lay back and watch the sky.

Do,you want my address so you can mail yours to me? Lol. I'd love to see what you just said.

But all of this is tiresome........what happened to the actual debate?

Hummmm,   maybe it got side tracked by more pressing matters...