• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

When I was a kid (this is no joke) a few of my friends used to play a game in the school playground pretending to land on other planets and fight aliens. I think we'd been watching too much Star Trek. Just like any kids we'd act out the roles and brandish imaginary guns, imaginary 'other' weapons, and of course make all the suitable shooting noises.

One day we journeyed to the Sun and knowing that it was very hot, we imagined a way around this by having to pretend to wear special heat resistant space suits. I was skeptical of this and said that it wouldn't be enough so I claimed that we would need extra special cooling systems. I envisaged us walking around with giant refrigerators tied to our backs.

We played the game the usual way but all did our 'moonwalks' a lot slower and stooped quite a bit because of the weight of the giant fridges. Shooting aliens is a lot harder when you are carrying so much weight!

It sounds like you and your friends had quite an imagination.Sounds like fun.I used to hide behind the bushes in the front of my parents house shooting at the japanese,those were the cars :mgcheerful: .We lived in the country so very few Japanese came our way..

I didn't even realise that you would have had many Japanese cars either.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

When I was a kid (this is no joke) a few of my friends used to play a game in the school playground pretending to land on other planets and fight aliens. I think we'd been watching too much Star Trek. Just like any kids we'd act out the roles and brandish imaginary guns, imaginary 'other' weapons, and of course make all the suitable shooting noises.

One day we journeyed to the Sun and knowing that it was very hot, we imagined a way around this by having to pretend to wear special heat resistant space suits. I was skeptical of this and said that it wouldn't be enough so I claimed that we would need extra special cooling systems. I envisaged us walking around with giant refrigerators tied to our backs.

We played the game the usual way but all did our 'moonwalks' a lot slower and stooped quite a bit because of the weight of the giant fridges. Shooting aliens is a lot harder when you are carrying so much weight!

It sounds like you and your friends had quite an imagination.Sounds like fun.I used to hide behind the bushes in the front of my parents house shooting at the japanese,those were the cars :mgcheerful: .We lived in the country so very few Japanese came our way..

No.But at 5 years old I guess I could pretend they were japanese airplanes  :mgcheerful: My squirt gun took care of them.I won the war.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

No.But at 5 years old I guess I could pretend they were japanese airplanes  :mgcheerful: My squirt gun took care of them.I won the war.

It's a good thing you did, Lord knows what this country would be like if we lost to the Japanese.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Hopefully KJU really believes it is possible and take a trip himself.

B-T-W, the Sun has a gravity force of 28 times that of the Earth.  So, they would need a rocket that's at least 28 times more powerful than any rocket that exists now, if they plan on leaving the sun's surface.

Then again, something that can withstand that much heat, doesn't exist here either.  Just look at how ravaged Mercury is, and you will know that nothing in the Universe can withstand the heat of the Sun.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Hopefully KJU really believes it is possible and take a trip himself.

B-T-W, the Sun has a gravity force of 28 times that of the Earth.  So, they would need a rocket that's at least 28 times more powerful than any rocket that exists now, if they plan on leaving the sun's surface.

Then again, something that can withstand that much heat, doesn't exist here either.  Just look at how ravaged Mercury is, and you will know that nothing in the Universe can withstand the heat of the Sun.

It's beyond the realms of ordinary chemistry as the boiling point of any element or compound known to man is much lower than the surface of the sun. Not only that but at such temperatures, no compounds can exist at all because the molecules would fly apart.

In short we have nothing that could be used as a material to make the spacecraft in the first place.

Even if we somehow managed to create a spaceship out of a ball of elemental gas, or something that is non-material, we would still have the issue of how we protect anyone inside the ship from such tremendous heat and gravitational forces.

I suggest that the only method we could use, is my childhood method of allowing the astronauts to walk around with giant refrigerators tied to their backs. :laughing:

apolloflag.jpg

An astronaut with a refrigerator tied to his back.

It's a good thing you did, Lord knows what this country would be like if we lost to the Japanese.

Yes,I am mighty proud of myself  :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

hummmmm,,,    i don't think i've ever pondered that.   Maybe we should start a thread and get everyone's ideas.

Well,we would all be speaking Japanese for one...and eating sushi.....

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Just bring Chuck Norris with you-then thered be nothing to fear. Hed find the lightswitch for sure.

There is an amazing advert on TV here at the moment based on Chuck!

He won American Idols using sign language, made an onion cry and there is no life on mars because he got there first!

It's really good.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

In case anyone is interested, it is a story originally put out by an Irish publication that is equivalent to the Onion in the us, a spoof magazine. 

http://www.policymic.com/articles/80001/did-north-korea-really-claim-to-land-a-man-on-the-sun-here-s-the-full-story

A hoax.