Guest DRS81

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Oh, just start with verse 31 or so and go from there.

I applaud your effort, but Matt 25:31-46 has nothing to do with the OP.

I asked if there are any scriptures that state "the man who never hears the gospel is condemned already."

The people in Matt 25 were literally walking and talking with Jesus and has heard the gospel.

Personally, I think that you answered your own question with a verse from your first post.

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Whoever, is not limited to only those who have a bible they can read, or have heard the gospel. Gods desire is that everyone would be saved but not everyone will be saved. Everyone is condemned already, with Jesus being the one and only way to salvation. But we have a God who knows our hearts, and knows the beginning and the end. So, if there is a single person who does not have a bible, and no one to share the gospel, but if they heard, they would be saved, God will not let that person perish, but God also will not break His own 'rules', that Jesus is the only way.

I personally had never heard the gospel, but after praying one night, asking 'what is the truth', I woke up the next morning with the most strangest of urges, to buy and read the NT. That urge would not go away, so I finally did go buy a NT and I read it. I know people who had never read the bible, and with no Christians around would never have heard the gospel, but had a dream about Jesus and knew from the dream to believe on Jesus.  So, even those who can not read, and never heard the gospel, there is sufficient evidence of God in His creation/nature, so, God can give them a dream about Jesus.

We are to be the vehicle God uses to spread the gospel, and from scripture, God could zap us/beam us to the location of a person who is ready to hear and accept, like the Ethiopian eunich. But rather then let even one perish who God knows will accept Jesus but there is no other way , God can give dreams, or some other form of revelation .     

Great thoughts Q. I've also heard of people coming to know the Lord through a dream or a Bible. I believe God can even reach people who don't read.  :thumbsup:

The issue is everyone deserves condemnation due to our sin. We are already condemned to be eternal seperation from God in our natural state. The greater surprise isn't that people go to hell but that people are actually adopted into God's family and given eternal life freely through God's grace in Jesus Christ.

John 3:18 

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

Ultimately the results are up to God though. And while we may not understand how it all works we trust Him as He is good, just, merciful, slow to anger, abounding in love.

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

What scripture out there refers to the man in the village on the other side of the world that can't read, has no internet and has never heard the gospel, (who is already condemned). (John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son) is speaking of people who have already heard the gospel so....if there is any scripture out there that condemns the man in the village please don't be shy, and share it with us. If there is no scripture to confirm this then the man in the village would simply be in God's hands, because God is just in his judgment. And please do not use Romans 1:20 because that passage is not speaking about people who never heard the gospel. - DRS81 :)

This is a good yet hard question to consider. Again, while we may not understand how it all works we trust God as He is good, just, merciful, slow to anger, abounding in love.

It is interesting people like to use a man in a village who can't read and hasn't heard the Gospel in these discussions. This man probably has some form of false religion: ancestor worship (Traditional African Religions, Taoism), worshipping nature (Animism), worship of particular false gods (IslamHinduism, etc.), and self-discovery (Buddhism, Spiritism, etc.). Let's take this a step further. What about those people who follow these said false religions? Will they not be held accountable on judgment day?

Curious. Please show from the text that Romans 1:20 is speaking about people who heard the Gospel? Is anyone without excuse to the one true God of Creation - Yahweh/Jehovah?

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,039
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Oh, just start with verse 31 or so and go from there.

I applaud your effort, but Matt 25:31-46 has nothing to do with the OP.

I asked if there are any scriptures that state "the man who never hears the gospel is condemned already."

The people in Matt 25 were literally walking and talking with Jesus and has heard the gospel.

and I would disagree and say that all had been resurrected for this judgment.

Curious. Please show from the text that Romans 1:20 is speaking about people who heard the Gospel?

Romans Introduction http://biblia.com/books/esv/Ro - Romans is the longest and most systematically reasoned of Paul’s letters. Paul announces its theme in 1:16–17: the gospel is God’s power for salvation, because it shows us that the righteousness of God is through faith for all who believe. Paul explains the need for justification through faith because of sin (1:16–4:25). He then spells out the results of justification by faith in terms of both present experience and future hope (5:1–8:39). In the next three chapters, he expresses his sorrow that many of his fellow Israelites have not embraced the gospel, and he wrestles with the theological implications of this (chs. 9–11). He concludes by describing how the gospel should affect one’s everyday life (chs. 12–16). Paul wrote his letter to Rome in about a.d. 57.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings DRS...

Gods ways are not our ways (& for now I only see in part)but as He knows the amount of hairs on the heads of every single person that ever lived....does this sound like a God that would condemn a man out in an isolated jungle who has never heard the Gospel?Never heard the Name of Jesus..........no,He is God that does exactly what He says He will do,He will make Himself Known to that precious creation that He knew before he was in His mothers womb !Glory to Father God,in the Name of Jesus!!!!!

God bless you DRS but please don't ask me to "refer to specific Scipture" .....I do not know if anything is wrong or if somethings going on with you but this seems to be pretty much all you say lately or post links(no disrespect intended).....you used to do alot of talking & we had some great conversations..........PM if you want to talk,I do love you Brother

Your Sister in Christ-Kwik

I do not know if anything is wrong or if somethings going on with you but this seems to be pretty much all you say lately or post links(no disrespect intended).....

Assuming there's something wrong with me because I'm searching for truth and asking questions is a bit of a stretch.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings DRS....

I never meant to offend you in any way but just to offer you my love & support if it was needed as your Sister in Christ,I don't think having a genuine  concern for another & asking(instead of assuming) if something is wrong ,warrants being called"a bit of a stretch"

God Bless you DRS......I do pray you find your truth.....the first truth is to love one another.......

In Christ-Kwik

Guest shiloh357

The Bible doesn't directly answer that question.   It is best to be silent where the Bible is silent.   God will deal with people who die without having heard the Gospel in a manner that is consistent with His redemptive nature and we need to simply trust Him to do the just and right thing.

The Bible doesn't directly answer that question.   It is best to be silent where the Bible is silent.   God will deal with people who die without having heard the Gospel in a manner that is consistent with His redemptive nature and we need to simply trust Him to do the just and right thing.

That is all I wanted to know. You have answered question to thread. Thank you shiloh357.