• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Rev 17:8-9

8 "The beast that you saw was and is not, and is about to come up out of the abyss and to go to destruction. And those who dwell on the earth will wonder, whose name has not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast , that he was and is not and will come.

NASB

Beast does not seem like a kingdom to me.    I guess we need to understand what an abyss is and who is presently in the abyss that could come out of it......     but a kingdom would be very hard to fit into that description in my personal view.

When a horn or beast is given a mouth, this refers to its leader (Daniel 7, Revelation 13)

I believe the abyss is symbolic language to indicate a kingdom re-arising from its deep destruction. 

The Beast is both a man and his nation.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Rev 17:8-9

8 "The beast that you saw was and is not, and is about to come up out of the abyss and to go to destruction. And those who dwell on the earth will wonder, whose name has not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast , that he was and is not and will come.

NASB

Beast does not seem like a kingdom to me.    I guess we need to understand what an abyss is and who is presently in the abyss that could come out of it......     but a kingdom would be very hard to fit into that description in my personal view.

When a horn or beast is given a mouth, this refers to its leader (Daniel 7, Revelation 13)

I believe the abyss is symbolic language to indicate a kingdom re-arising from its deep destruction. 

The Beast is both a man and his nation.

Correct.