IGNORED

Can the Catholic, Orthodox Christian,be saved?

silviawang

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

Can the Catholic, Orthodox Christian,be saved?

Just the question.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Silvia

Praise,Glory,Honor & Thanksgiving to Almighty God ......Halleluliah! Of course,dear one....John 3:16  Clearly tells us that WHOSOEVER  believes..........anyone that confesses Jesus as their Lord & Savior,no exclusions from Gods Grace through Jesus Christ......................God does not want to see anyone perish but to have everlasting life,He is not a respecter of persons & He sent His Only Begotten Son to die on the cross for the sins of the WORLD

Just remember "WHOSOEVER"   and the "WORLD"    and that means anyone who wants Salvation can have it through our Lord & Savior Christ Jesus!!!!!'

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I don't really understand Silvia. A Catholic isn't any less a candidate for Salvation than a Muslim or Atheist. We're saved by Grace, bot be what we do to earn it, so it's just as likely that a Catholic will find Salvation as anyone else. They're no more or less a sinner. The 'pass mark' for Heaven is 100%, so even if we were at 99%, we'd still fail. ANYONE can be saved by the Grace found in Jesus Christ. His righteousness is so all encompassing that it totally obliterates the presence of sin. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Can the Catholic, Orthodox Christian,be saved?

Just the question.

Do you mean to ask if Catholics and Orthodox go to heaven even though they follow a different path than the traditional Christian faith?

If you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of GOD, came to Earth and died on the Cross as payment for sin, has risen from the grave and returned to Heaven, that you are a sinner in need of a Savior and accept Christ as He, than you are Born Again, which is the sole requirement for admission to Heaven. If you also believe other things, it makes no difference. You are still saved if the first requirement is met.

• Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

A Catholic CAN be saved, but dare I say, isn't saved because he/she is Catholic. In regards to the question “Are Catholics saved?”, this is a more difficult question to answer. It is impossible to give a universal statement on the salvation of all members of any denomination of Christianity. Not ALL Baptists are saved. Not ALL Presbyterians are saved. Not ALL Lutherans are saved. Salvation is determined by personal faith in Jesus alone for salvation, not by titles or denominational identification. Despite the unbiblical beliefs and practices of the Roman Catholic Church, there are genuine believers who attend Roman Catholic churches. There are many Roman Catholics who have genuinely placed their faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation. However, these Catholic Christians are believers despite what the Catholic Church teaches, not because of what it teaches. To varying degrees, the Catholic Church teaches from the Bible and points people to Jesus Christ as the Savior. As a result, people are sometimes saved in Catholic churches. The Bible has an impact whenever it is proclaimed (Isaiah 55:11). Catholic Christians remain in the Catholic Church out of ignorance of what the Catholic Church truly stands for, out of family tradition and peer pressure, or out of a desire to reach other Catholics for Christ.

At the same time, the Catholic Church also leads many people away from a genuine faith relationship with Christ. The unbiblical beliefs and practices of the Roman Catholic Church have often given the enemies of Christ opportunity to blaspheme. The Roman Catholic Church is not the church that Jesus Christ established. It is not a church that is based on the teachings of the Apostles (as described in the Book of Acts and the New Testament epistles). While Jesus’ words inMark 7:9were directed towards the Pharisees, they accurately describe the Roman Catholic Church, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions!”

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Rom 10:8-10

the word of faith which we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved;

NASB

I would think anyone who has done this is saved....   Most generally I would think we would have to ask if Jesus is really our Lord and all that goes along with that......   or if people just lied about it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

Of course they can, but being a catholic does not save, just as being a baptist does not save. Salvation is by grace, and in God's grace he calls people to him from all walks of life. However, that being said, I imagine any christian would it very difficult to remain in the catholic church - after all that is what teh reformation was about.

• Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

How do you get saved? In other words, how do you cheat death?

No one has ever done it except one.

God saw that we keep failing to keep the commandments over and over and over and over and over again and this commandment is the key for our eternal life. So what does God do? Well He loves us so much that He says "Well, they can't seem to follow the commandment because they have never seen a man keep the commandments before so here's what I'm gonna do... I will become 100% man, 100% vulnerable to sin and death and keep the commandment myself and show my people that it is POSSIBLE to keep my commandments. And once they see that a mere man can do it... They will believe that it can be done... Man can cheat death."

God loves us so much that He gave up His divinity and His eternal life to teach us that it is possible to do the "impossible" and cheat death so that WE can be SAVED.

Doesn't matter if you're catholic, christian, buddhist, islamic etc etc... Once you realize that you are a sinner and you will die but you BELIEVE God became a man to save us something strange will happen... you begin to ball up and cry that our very sins are what killed our savior.

ANYBODY can be saved.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Silviawang.....I don't see how a person can retain both titles.  I am an ex catholic and no longer desire to be called a catholic.  I consider myself to be a Christian.  An orthodox fundamental Christian at that.  So, to my thinking, a person who is an orthodox Christian would not be considered to be a catholic even by the catholic church. 

But yes by the way.  I am living proof that a catholic can be saved.  I worship only God and not idols.