• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

That's Your point??.....Please, Please tell me it's not.  :help:

Maybe because the Bible is not a Picture Book.

you are a slippery eel that's for sure.  The point is the text does not suggest a cross, that is why when you read it you didn't think of it this way.  It was not till someone else put the thought into your head that you decided the text did indeed support a cross. 

And this is relevant to what exactly?

It is relevant because you seeing a cross in Numbers 2 is the same as people seeing Jesus on toast. They don't see it till someone tells them it is there, then their mind adjust to see it.

It quite apparent I will have to lower the standard down to 2nd grade textbooks with some posters

You mean you weren't already?  Could have fooled me! :beehive:

==========================================================================================

you are a slippery eel that's for sure.

LOL.  I've been called alot of things, but I must admit....this is a First!!  I don't know whether to Thank You or Track You Down :24:

The point is the text does not suggest a cross, that is why when you read it you didn't think of it this way.

Well the Text of a Pine-Apple Upside Down Cake or the Text Instructions for assembling a Tilt-A- Whirl don't exactly suggest the Final Product either....you don't actually know for sure until you "BUILD or MAKE" those things.

It is relevant because you seeing a cross in Numbers 2 is the same as people seeing Jesus on toast. They don't see it till someone tells them it is there, then their mind adjust to see it.

See response above LOL.  As I said, Non-Sequitur on Steroids

You mean you weren't already?

With the majority of explanations, I'm afraid I have been for a while.  I holding out hope, however.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

you are a slippery eel that's for sure.  The point is the text does not suggest a cross, that is why when you read it you didn't think of it this way.  It was not till someone else put the thought into your head that you decided the text did indeed support a cross. 

It quite apparent I will have to lower the standard down to 2nd grade textbooks with some posters

==========================================================================================

LOL.  I've been called alot of things, but I must admit....this is a First!!  I don't know whether to Thank You or Track You Down :24:

The point is the text does not suggest a cross, that is why when you read it you didn't think of it this way.

Well the Text of a Pine-Apple Upside Down Cake or the Text Instructions for assembling a Tilt-A- Whirl don't exactly suggest the Final Product either....you don't actually know for sure until you "BUILD or MAKE" those things.

With the majority of explanations, I'm afraid I have been for a while.  I holding out hope, however.

As to the toast:  Of course there are types in the Bible, but one does need to guard vs inventing things & eisegesis.  Having someone point out something and then you see it, that is a common & valid process of education.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

In order for you to claim they are part of a design you would need to show why these are different than the ones that occur by chance.  You have not done that.

I did........ 72

Now we are getting somewhere.  We have waded though the chaff and we are now down to the 72  That helps, now I can narrow my focus.

to quote Arnie...I'll be back!

....God is the author.... Apparently He did so in Moby Dick, War and Peace and the Koran to name a few....

?

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6

Perhaps instead of treating people like children you could address them as adults and you might get a better response.

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger

• Group:  Royal Member

As to the toast:  Of course there are types in the Bible, but one does need to guard vs inventing things & eisegesis.  Having someone point out something and then you see it, that is a common & valid process of education.

Hey EnochBethany  (Really like the first past of that name)  ;)

You needed to reply to Looking For Answers since he posted the toast.  And he sure wasn't using it as a "Type" in the Scriptural sense

Having someone point out something and then you see it, that is a common & valid process of education.

It's more or less what I've been trying to say.  Reply to him....maybe you'll have more luck ;)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Neb, I wasn't jumping down your throat....and, I do appreciate that you did.  Sorry, I should have said that.

I emphasize (Bold/different colors/ fonts et al) just to HIGHLIGHT and separate out concepts so they stand apart and are easily recognizable.  There are no emotions attached to it unless,  I do This.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, thank you for clarifying.

A huge problem we have with the online communication is the lack of body language and voice tone and flexion that expresses our heart and soul behind the words.  Thus, it takes some effort to show the intent of your heart with your words alone. So, I understand. But I have to ask you to please be careful. The replies you give against those you disagree with do come across as very "sharp. " OK?

Perhaps instead of treating people like children you could address them as adults and you might get a better response.

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger

This is a Strawman.   Remember what I said on a number of different Threads.....

Ensure that your Pre-Supposition is accurate before you start Extrapolating from it.....otherwise, everything downstream from said Pre-Supposition is compromized.

Well I spoke of this also and this occurs over on over again on these threads.  It appears when all the reasoned and rational arguments are exhausted (quite quickly most of the time) the responder cry's fowl and immediately heads to the "last port in the storm", which includes:

1.  This is Harmful to the body of Christ

2.  Muddies The Water and/or Quibbles

3.  Conjures some clumsily conceived Personal Insult

Rinse and Repeat

I got the cure....SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT your Assertions and Postulates and stick to the tenets of the Subject.

Having someone point out something and then you see it, that is a common & valid process of education.

It is also common practice for con artist and charlatans.  one needs to be weary of what they believe after being shown a pretty picture.

Neb, I wasn't jumping down your throat....and, I do appreciate that you did.  Sorry, I should have said that.

I emphasize (Bold/different colors/ fonts et al) just to HIGHLIGHT and separate out concepts so they stand apart and are easily recognizable.  There are no emotions attached to it unless,  I do This.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, thank you for clarifying.

A huge problem we have with the online communication is the lack of body language and voice tone and flexion that expresses our heart and soul behind the words.  Thus, it takes some effort to show the intent of your heart with your words alone. So, I understand. But I have to ask you to please be careful. The replies you give against those you disagree with do come across as very "sharp. " OK?

Point Taken.  And we have discussed this issue..... and I agree.

As I have said.....by nature, I'm quick to the point and don't mince words.  That can be misconstrued as Condescending and Arrogant...... that is not my intent.

I'm an acquired taste in real Life Face to Face interactions LOL,  no doubt about it...ESPECIALLY  1000000000 so on a Message Board.

I challenge you to go back into my posts.....I try my best to stay strictly on topic.  However, the flesh is weak and sometimes I Retaliate (I'm aware of it, The LORD has placed it on my Heart).

I may need that cloth to wipe my Halo  :)