• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Nobody knows for sure where Golgotha is/was.  This is just unproven speculation, something you claim to not like.

It's Historical Science and yes they pretty much know.

This would make for an interesting topic elsewhere on the Board. I know that particular hill is a popular location for its claim to be Golgotha on account of the formation on the cliff looking like a skull, but the place is contested.

Using the sevens given us in Scripture is enough. Using geography and our modern units of measurement can get hairy, since the geography of Jerusalem has been altered in the past 2000 years.

Just an add to thought... if God is not keeping this place (earth and heaven) we should

distinguish ourselves in the keeping and not in the throwing away parts :) Love, Steven

Back to Genesis 1 equaling Pi...how were the values for each letter determined?   Who decided the 3 letters making up the Hebrew word for "and" had the values of 400, 1 and 6?

You're kidding?  Will you apply the same Diligence with Numbers 2?  Go back up to the OP and read that part slowly...it has everything you need besides the Letter Values...you have to do a little research but they are accessible.

Did a little more research and found out that if you take the phrase "The spring, the head, the fountain of your blood" from Macbeth and apply the same formula you get a number even closer to Pi, one that does not go wrong after 4 decimals places.  

Why do people feel the need to make up this junk to try and prove the Bible is the Word of God?  Do you really think God needed to hide codes in His word that could not be figured out for 4000 years or more to prove it's worth.  That is a very low view of God.

As long as one does not take God at His Word you will have nothing! Once He is taken

at His Word all things become possible as The Son has come and shown us! What is here

that is not formed by His Creative Word(?)and what is here that is not understood by

His Written Word(?) and where are you in this truth? It can only be one of two places:

either in the truth of His Word or in the lie of this world's prince... Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Nobody knows for sure where Golgotha is/was.  This is just unproven speculation, something you claim to not like.

This would make for an interesting topic elsewhere on the Board. I know that particular hill is a popular location for its claim to be Golgotha on account of the formation on the cliff looking like a skull, but the place is contested.

Using the sevens given us in Scripture is enough. Using geography and our modern units of measurement can get hairy, since the geography of Jerusalem has been altered in the past 2000 years.

======================================================================================

Fair enough.  And this specific item was quite peripheral to the OP (as in not apart of it)

Using the sevens given us in Scripture is enough.

The SEVENS are everywhere

Neb, are you familiar with the Calendar Issue (Tishri and Nisan) and it's relation to Noah/Ark and the Resurrection?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Just an add to thought... if God is not keeping this place (earth and heaven) we should

distinguish ourselves in the keeping and not in the throwing away parts :) Love, Steven

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by this.

God does not seem to be as interested in landmarks as we are.

Neb, are you familiar with the Calendar Issue (Tishri and Nisan) and it's relation to Noah/Ark and the Resurrection?

Yes, the sevens are everywhere in Scripture, and it is best leaving such things to what the Scriptures say. Going outside Scripture can muddy the waters.

You mentioned the calendar issue. It was interesting, but I didn't quite understand what the difference in the "2 calendars" did to the outcome, nor which one resolves the issue, or the like.

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by this.

God does not seem to be as interested in landmarks as we are.

In Col 3 is obedience to where our lives are to be now... as now having

finite ability we are easily distracted from the important to the unimportant

-taught to us here- 1Cor 1 all

In Col 3we are told to remain where we truly are in

[s(S)]pirit while here in this place that is passing away... therefore to be

caught up in it is here or it is there is a contrivance to detour from the

message He 'IS' on His Father's right hand where are minds and hearts are to

be stayed on Him :) ... Love, Steven

Yes, the sevens are everywhere in Scripture, and it is best leaving such things to what the Scriptures say. Going outside Scripture can muddy the waters.

You mentioned the calendar issue. It was interesting, but I didn't quite understand what the difference in the "2 calendars" did to the outcome, nor which one resolves the issue, or the like.

====================================================================

I'm not attempting to "muddy any waters" Neb.  And I wasn't basing any Doctrine or attempting to "divine" anything from Golgotha and the elevation...I found it extremely interesting with the 7's. Nothing more.

As you know, Scripture is filled with "Types" or "Fore-shadowings" and I came across this some years ago but forget the specifics.  I'm thinking that the day Noah left the Ark and Christs Resurrection are on the same Day and Month but the Calendar issue maybe obscuring it.  I think that the "Genesis Calendar" (don't think that's the name of it) may resolve this issue.

Again, just something I find interesting.

Guest shiloh357

You know it's intresting that even Sir Isaac Newton realized this and was working on these very things right up until his death.  

Got something else for your talents....

(Genesis 8:4) "And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat."

Seven's....Shocker  :)

Got a mission for you.  There are 2 Hebrew Calendars, right?  One is the Genesis Calendar or something like that and the other GOD Ordained in Exodus.... Correct?  It has something to do with switching Tishri and Nisan as the 1st month of the year, I think. (sorry if I butchered that)  Anyways......

What Day and Month was Christ Resurrected?  Is it the Anniversary when Noah stepped off the Ark?

Yes that is correct.  Aviv/Nisan in Genesis 8:4 is the seventh month, but is the first month in Exodus 12.  From Exodous 12:2 to the end of the book of Revelation, God is using the sacred calender He established there at Sinai.

So yes, the Noah's ark rested on the 17th of Nisan and it is also the same day that the Children of Israel were delivered through the Red Sea and the same day that Jesus was raised.  It is also the Feast of First Fruits.

You know it's intresting that even Sir Isaac Newton realized this and was working on these very things right up until his death.  

Got something else for your talents....

(Genesis 8:4) "And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat."

Seven's....Shocker  :)

Got a mission for you.  There are 2 Hebrew Calendars, right?  One is the Genesis Calendar or something like that and the other GOD Ordained in Exodus.... Correct?  It has something to do with switching Tishri and Nisan as the 1st month of the year, I think. (sorry if I butchered that)  Anyways......

What Day and Month was Christ Resurrected?  Is it the Anniversary when Noah stepped off the Ark?

Yes that is correct.  Aviv/Nisan in Genesis 8:4 is the seventh month, but is the first month in Exodus 12.  From Exodous 12:2 to the end of the book of Revelation, God is using the sacred calender He established there at Sinai.

So yes, the Noah's ark rested on the 17th of Nisan and it is also the same day that the Children of Israel were delivered through the Red Sea and the same day that Jesus was raised.  It is also the Feast of First Fruits.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just   AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And....you probably knew this right off the Top of your Head, Right?

I need to get studying  :)

I'm not attempting to "muddy any waters" Neb.  And I wasn't basing any Doctrine or attempting to "divine" anything from Golgotha and the elevation...I found it extremely interesting with the 7's. Nothing more.

I never said you were attempting to muddy the waters.

I simply said that going outside of Scripture muddies the waters. Case in point, LFA finding fault with the location of Golgotha to challenge the things you are saying.

It can be interesting, yes, but it may not be accurate.

I'm not trying to fight against you on this one, OK?

As you know, Scripture is filled with "Types" or "Fore-shadowings" and I came across this some years ago but forget the specifics.  I'm thinking that the day Noah left the Ark and Christs Resurrection are on the same Day and Month but the Calendar issue maybe obscuring it.  I think that the "Genesis Calendar" (don't think that's the name of it) may resolve this issue.

Again, just something I find interesting.

OK.