• Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

ptsd - poorly thinking scientist disillusioned

In the case of cows perhaps so

but as someone who was diagnosed with ptsd following months of waking up screaming from nightmares following an incidence of violence in my family, I find your comment to be rather offensive. Ptsd is not a joke. It is real. 

jade, he wasnt referring to it in humans. PTSD in humans is no joke your right, it is indeed a very real condition and a very serious one at that. I suspect my brother may have a mild case of it from his tour in Iraq. But to say a cow has it, that IS a joke, and the "human" that said that cows can have them is a bit disillusioned if you ask me, I found his comment to be rather entertaining.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

From: http://www.gospelassemblyfree.com/facts/spiritsoul.htm

Spirit - ruwach, roo'-akh, Hebrew 7307; from Hebrew 7306 (ruwach); wind; by resemblance breath, i.e. a sensible (or even violent) exhalation; figurative life, anger, unsubstantiality; by extensive a region of the sky; by resemblance spirit, but only of a rational being (including its expression and functions) :- air, anger, blast, breath, ƒn cool, courage, mind, ƒn quarter, ƒn side, spirit ([-ual]), tempest, ƒn vain, ([whirl-]) wind (-y).

Soul - nephesh, neh'-fesh, Hebrew 5315; from Hebrew 5314 (naphash); properly a breathing creature, i.e. animal or (abstract) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental) :- any, appetite, beast, body, breath, creature, ƒn dead (-ly), desire, ƒn [dis-] contented, ƒn fish, ghost, + greedy, he, heart (-y), (hath, ƒn jeopardy of) life (ƒn in jeopardy), lust, man, me, mind, mortally, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-, thy-) self, them (your) -selves, + slay, soul, + tablet, they, thing, (ƒn she) will, ƒn would have it.

~~~

Spirit - pneuma, pnyoo'-mah, Greek 4151; from *Greek 4154 (pneo); a current of air, i.e. breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figurative (1) a spirit, i.e. (human) the rational soul, (by implicaiton) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (2) (superhuman) an angel, d'mon, or (3) (divine) God, Christ's spirit, the Holy Spirit :- ghost, life, spirit (-ual, -ually), mind. Compare Greek 5590 (psuche).

Soul - psuche, psoo-khay', Greek 5590; from Greek 5594 (*psucho); breath, i.e. (by implication) spirit, abstract or concrete (the animal sentient principle only; thus distinguished on the one hand from (Greek 4151 (pneuma), which is the rational and immortal soul; and on the other from (**Greek 2222 (zoe), which is mere vitality, even of plants: these terms thus exactly correspond respectively to the Hebrew Hebrew 5315 (nephesh), Hebrew 7307 (ruwach) and Hebrew 2416 (chay)- :- heart (+ -ily), life, mind, soul, + us, + you.

:24:

Of course the cows that experienced wolf attacks before reacted to them! That's called a survival instinct because cows are a prey species. Its normal for them to react that way. I'll bet it took lots of tax dollars and "degreed, certified professionals" with lots of letters after their names to come up with this great "discovery!" They could have just asked one of the area ranchers and saved a lot of time and money . . . but what's the fun in that? :whistling:

OK, but what about the " decreased pregnancy rates, lighter calves and a greater likelihood of getting sick" part?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Of course the cows that experienced wolf attacks before reacted to them! That's called a survival instinct because cows are a prey species. Its normal for them to react that way. I'll bet it took lots of tax dollars and "degreed, certified professionals" with lots of letters after their names to come up with this great "discovery!" They could have just asked one of the area ranchers and saved a lot of time and money . . . but what's the fun in that? :whistling:

OK, but what about the " decreased pregnancy rates, lighter calves and a greater likelihood of getting sick" part?

that's only the capitalism part. can that be of importance to spiritual thinking people

that's only the capitalism part. can that be of importance to spiritual thinking people

I don't have a problem with the concept of animals having a soul - after all, having had a dog and 3 cats, I can testify that animals do indeed have a mind, a will, and emotions - and they have unique personalities.

But from what I understand, dog breeds have personalities specified to their breeds. Yet anyone can tell that two dogs of the same breed are different from each other in personality. My mother-in-law has 6 dogs of the same breed, and it is quite obvious there is a uniqueness to their personalities. One of her dogs is even obsessive compulsive. Seriously!

Animals, however, are not made "in the image of God" like we humans are.

• Followers:  28

they do feel fear, that is a definete-I have no doubt animals feel emotions. But, on the same note I think a lot of the decreased pregnancy rates etc are more of a survival instinct then a mental disorder. I also suspect that a lot of this study is inconclusive to, I live in a large cattle area-know many cattle ranchers, and yes we do have wolves running around. Very few ranchers complain about cows with wolf run ins having this problem, what they complain about is the wolves eating their cows.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Please go to god tube dot com and type in the search ( "they think their killers" ) the top vid with wolf pic

I ve been trying to post a video but I guess the guys  that check them are kinda busy these days with so many people on this forum.

if a person wanted to see why God created wolves and what part they play in nature.

you will be able to see that God designed nature his way.

people who say cows have ptsd are trying to move others away from Gods design.

Having been diagnosed with ptsd ( post traumatic stress disorder ) myself; I do not see any way God would put this on animals of any kind. As I already posted God made these animals to be killed and eaten by man and other animals Gen 9:3

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Tell me why elephants after a herd has been partially culled from a helicopter will, when they hear a helicopter spooling up at least 40km away, will start running. Anywhere away from the noise. (It's an infrasound thing, they talk and hear through their feet better than they do through their ears in some respects)

Or why young bulls, having been captured from a cull and moved to another location begin killing rhino something only recently studied.

Or they will return to the scene of a cull and stand silently just swaying from side to side.

It's post traumatic stress, full stop.

Many of the elephants I deal with on a daily basis suffer from it. Once you see it, it can be nothing else. They become very dangerous, moody, aggressive.

• Followers:  28

if thats what you want to call it fez, I don't think it is-I think its just a survival instinct. that elephant knows that previously when it heard that sound it got chased, that it became a threat-so when it hears it again, its natural instinct kicks in and it runs. I honestly dont think that we should confuse natural insticts with PTSD. Animals arnt stupid, they remember things, they know that something is a threat and they deal with it in the way they know how.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

That is a good story Fez; the part about them running from a sound they associate with danger is normal for any prey animal.

If a prey animal hears a sound, smells certain other animals, or sees a hunter animal it will most likely take flight to safety.

I  just do not think the flight instinct is ptsd. If in fact it is ptsd then by reason we can assume that cats and dogs all around us all have ptsd from being afraid of being in a neighbors yard and having been run out before they take flight at your sight.

The other questions you posted I do not have answers for.

I guess no one watched the video as yet.